FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

Group finder in WoD

Raid Finder and Matchmaking

Blizzard would like to encourage players to move away from Raid Finder--at this point, it's not considered a real raid format:

• Raid Finder was referred to as "tourist mode"--something to be used as a last resort when your friends aren't around.
  • To entourage users to queue with friends, "Stacking the Deck" is a new buff that rewards bonus Valor for queueing with friends or requeueing with random groups.
  • Blizzard is creating a group finder that will be browser-based and let you find groups not only for raids, but for all sorts of content.

Read more at http://www.wowhead.com/wod#o4QcJAj32sPKEUPx.99

I found this interesting.  I didn't know about this and I'm looking forward what they will do.  Though wont this compete with sites like Openraid?  How will this affect them?

That would indeed be great if LFR could be replaced but a group finder. That said, it would pain me for our Open Raid friends.

I'm looking forward to it so I wont have to muddle through oQueue. 

I'm pretty sure oQueue will still be "easier" since its in-game.  It seems blizzard wants to make a browser based group-finder much like Openraids 'Quick raid'

I'm pretty sure oQueue will still be "easier" since its in-game.  It seems blizzard wants to make a browser based group-finder much like Openraids 'Quick raid'

But isn't the ticket system considered "browser based" now even though it is still in-game?  I don't know if browser based necessarily means it can't be in-game....but i'm not 100% sure on the terminology and what it specifies.

But isn't the ticket system considered "browser based" now even though it is still in-game?  I don't know if browser based necessarily means it can't be in-game....but i'm not 100% sure on the terminology and what it specifies.

You're right.  I didn't think of that.

One thing that's nice about Open Raid, is the character profiles, and feedback. Even if Blizzard adds a better utility in game for cross realm grouping I will still be more likely to take a character who has an openraid profile and a lot of positive feedback over someone I know nothing about.

Even if people stop creating events through Openraid they could easily survive by allowing anyone to look up a character and leave a rating and feedback about them. Right now you can only leave feedback if you were both signed up for the same openraid event. They'd easily become the default location for researching players instead of going to wowprogress or wow-heroes.

Or maybe someone can develop a new site and call it WoW-Yelp. tongue.png

• Like 1

Well, the last patch introduced the pet/mount shop to wows standard UI, so I think that the group finder will be mostly like that kind of design, rather than the ticket system.

I know one thing's certain. I can't wait!