FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tachiban

Stat confusion

Evenin,

Recently returned to game after a hiatus and playing my 110 Elemental. He is starting to do Mythics and Heroics so not raiding. From what I can find Versatility is his least valuable stat yet every piece of gear he has gotten in heroics and Mythics has big chunks of Versatility on it.  At first I held those pieces back thinking bad luck. But now I feel I have to just go with the best ILvl but he's losing more valuable stats. Since I havent been playing much lately I wanted to ask...am I missing something? I could see if 'some' of the gear had Vers for the healers but for Ele? Is there sense in all this?

Thx for your help.

Tachi

On 5/25/2018 at 1:22 AM, Tachiban said:

But now I feel I have to just go with the best ILvl but he's losing more valuable stats. Since I havent been playing much lately I wanted to ask...am I missing something? I could see if 'some' of the gear had Vers for the healers but for Ele? Is there sense in all this?

Thx for your help.

Tachi

Versatility can seem like a cheap stat for some classes (not for me, we Frost Mages love it!), but it still does increase DPS. If you are unsure, use raidbots to check for upgrades:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/36193-how-to-use-raidbots-to-sim-yourself/

Thanks, I did look here on IV and it does increase but I believe was the smallest increase or boost...less effective. Don.t know why it's forced down our throats at that point. Just have to do the best I can. :)

On 6/30/2018 at 2:52 AM, Tachiban said:

Thanks, I did look here on IV and it does increase but I believe was the smallest increase or boost...less effective. Don.t know why it's forced down our throats at that point. Just have to do the best I can. ?

Thing is, for some classes, you can see a difference of only a few DPS per point between stats, but the priority still makes it seem like it is by far the worst. 

Sometimes, item level just absolutely destroys good stats due to the huge jump in actual raw stat points.