FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valhalen

Favorite Pub-Stomp Teams

Ah, Quick Match. Wether we hate or love it, we can't deny it is the playground for Heroes of the Storm, where we can use unconventional and out of meta Heroes to make nice team combinations.

What are your favorite pub-stomp team combinations?

Personally, me and my friends have recently started messing in Quick Match with a comp we call "VIOLENSE" (in all caps and yes, with an "S" instead of a "C"), which is composed of: Garrosh, Stitches, The Butcher, Kel'Thuzad and Deckard Cain. Absurdly fun.

Edited by Valhalen

3 hours ago, Valhalen said:

What are your favorite pub-stomp team combinations?

Personally, me and my friends have recently started messing in Quick Match with a comp we call "VIOLENSE" (in all caps and yes, with an "S" instead of a "C"), which is composed of: Garrosh, Stitches, The Butcher, Kel'Thuzad and Deckard Cain. Absurdly fun.

My friend and I do something similar a lot when we want to stomp with a two-stack: just Garrosh + Butcher can carry an otherwise disorganized team if Garrosh plays right. My friend is great at Garrosh, and even though I'm trash with Butcher, he trivializes my job by serving up kills on a plate. After a couple early kills, it can easily snowball into a faceroll, and it gives us a great feeling of control over the game, even with only two people.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Peaches9 said:

he trivializes my job by serving up kills on a plate

I don't think there is a better analogy than this one. Garrosh is literally one rough waiter who just serves the food to The Butcher by throwing it behind the counter. That duo is really strong, I love it. While it is a bit risky to queue as The Butcher without a full party, it is really fun when you manage to get in a team that compliments his strengths and negates some of his weaknesses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Garrosh is literally one rough waiter who just serves the food to The Butcher by throwing it behind the counter.

They should really make a waiter garrosh skin with different voicelines. He'd throw enemies back to your allies and be like "Dinner is served!"

Edited by Maxkitty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

They should really make a waiter garrosh skin with different voicelines. He'd throw enemies back to your allies and be like "Dinner is served!"

Either a waiter or a Chef, to make a duo with Chef Stitches. Then instead of Gorehound he wields a spatula.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2018 at 3:53 AM, Valhalen said:

Either a waiter or a Chef, to make a duo with Chef Stitches. Then instead of Gorehound he wields a spatula.

Hook the food, gorge the food, throw the food, kill the food. Stitches and Garrosh are a monstrous duo.

Edited by Maxkitty
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All spec teams.

Or,

1. Abathur+Murky

A good Murky can dance around opponents. This lets the Stab/Carapace combo do it's work. The Murky heroic locks down opponents for the Fish bomb, but also for Abathur to come in for some very accurate damage. The bubble allows for Abathur's heal to take effect even surrounded.

2. Abathur+Chen

His shield allows Abathur's heal to take effect even when taking damage. His tanky low damage nature is benefitted by Abathur's damage. The barrel roll allows Abathur clear lines of sustained fire instead of all the grouped messes that block shots while also making healing Chen easy without crowding melee strikes.

3. Abathur+Illidan/Yrel/Varian/etc

More abilities that allow temporary invulnerability to allow Abathur to heal mid combat for a bit before the shield blocks damage.

4. Abathur+Genji/Fenix/Dehaka/Falstad/etc

Characters with abilities that enhance mobility or allow repositioning to allow Abathur to better strike.

5. Abathur+Anyone

I could list combos all day long. But probably easier this way. The three headed Cho'Gall'Thur is also fun.

Edited by Morcalivan

On 7/7/2018 at 12:41 PM, Morcalivan said:

5. Abathur+Anyone

I could list combos all day long. But probably easier this way. The three headed Cho'Gall'Thur is also fun.

I just discovered a version of this I really enjoy: Abathur + Johanna. A hat lets Jo play ridiculously aggressively, since the thing is, with a hat, Johanna just refuses to die, and she can get some solid damage numbers for her and Abathur by being in everyone's face constantly. His shields give her time for her own healing to kick in, and vice versa, meaning you can survive being dogpiled by the entire enemy team easily while the rest of your team cleans up.