FORUMS
Blainie

Nexomania Loot Box Giveaway!

BM1C18l.png

Rack your brains and jump into the ring to solve some riddles! Find the answer fast enough and you might be able to grab yourself some Nexomania loot boxes!

As most of you already know, the Nexomania event is well underway with the introduction of reworks for Lunara and Diablo, as well as heaps of new skins to earn. With so many new additions, it can be tough to collect all the ones you want, right?

We're giving our users a chance to win 5 Nexomania Loot Boxes (you can check out some of the skins in them here), but there's a catch. In typical Royal Rumble fashion, there can only be one winner, so make sure you get yourself into the ring. Once the rumble begins, you can discuss and team up if you wish, but at the end, there will only be one left standing. Every piece of information you choose to share (or not share) might be the difference between the next person jumping ahead and grabbing the prize before you.

So, without further ado. Let's get ready to rumble!

How do I enter?

We have created two riddles for you to solve, each of which points to a hero that is currently present in the Nexus. To win, you need to solve the riddles and then match the answer to the code assigned to that hero. Easy enough, right?

That's what we thought, too, so we made it a bit harder. Every hero has been assigned a random code, with only one of them being a "winning" choice. The first riddle will give you the first 20 letters and numbers of the code. The problem is, the winning code has to be a 21 character entry.

The second riddle will give you the last character of the code, so you'll need to make sure you solve both to be able to win! Once you have done so, you can enter the first 20 characters given by the first riddle, followed by the last character from the second.

An example using the codes that are listed below, would be as follows:

If you solved the first riddle and got Rexxar as your answer, then solved the second riddle and got Dehaka as your answer, the code would be:

IQZF-GBBA-NSYHX-MJ7B-WXCB

If you are unsure of where to enter the code if you think you have won, you can do it in your Battle.net client. Simply select Heroes of the Storm, then click "Redeem a Code", located above the news reel for the game.

Rules

The rules are as follows:

• You may comment, discuss and communicate as you wish, but keep in mind that helping anyone else to solve a riddle might let them get the code ahead of you. Do this at your own risk.
  • The contest is a purely first come, first served basis. If someone solves the riddles before you, they will claim the code before you.
  • There is only one winning combination.
  • If you do manage to claim the code, make sure to let us know via private message. Do not spoil the activity of solving the riddles for those that do not wish to have it spoiled.
  • There is no time limit on this contest. It will end as soon as someone claims the code.

The Riddles

The riddles to be solved and the codes accompanying them are as follows:

Age matters little to one of great power, the breaking of order made many glower. To move without delay is truly a mystery, but in secret it was done by someone in my history. Who am I?

Once you have solved this riddle, you should match your answer to the codes in the spoiler box below, before moving on to the second riddle:

Spoiler

Abathur: RGUO-9IC5-I429V-LZTQ-4LQ
Alarak: 3EWR-UYQH-K8GAH-WGT1-G5C
Alexstrasza: K1NV-SJPW-5AV0Z-EI8Q-2YZ
Ana: UE5C-0MQV-WEWC0-UQMW-VLW
Anub'arak: 0OUX-OMMO-KTDSV-SBOR-8ML
Artanis: MV9J-KHOS-VFCKB-YRW0-CLO
Arthas: 6VS3-SQ12-O4EDF-MLEZ-HTP
Auriel: YDNH-TAOO-1T5L3-74SV-BN4
Azmodan: 8JHS-V8HW-XKVXK-GHMC-IMJ
Blaze: NGHV-6YB9-P6LED-OHKZ-QLR
Brightwing: JRUQ-0LDC-TOVHE-DOM5-X7Q
Cassia: VJOX-MBZX-CVWYP-M0LX-5VC
Chen: UGW4-FMTS-V1H7W-XSFO-HLG
Cho: JE2L-QZ40-6JKKF-HXQH-VMN
Chromie: CKCD-QFRG-BOKX0-RNLD-T5I
Deckard Cain: BHIA-9MI6-6UHQD-V4YF-MJK
Dehaka: FCXO-MDLI-NJ7VJ-QW3M-RQT
Diablo: VXN3-T8AB-RKN11-0SIH-NWM
D.Va: C5VA-IVXZ-AI1CJ-SG6M-R51
E.T.C.: PM6I-N3DK-X1VVV-TEGE-CFC
Falstad: LFDB-4XIN-LESP4-J2P0-VCB
Fenix: XCQM-FHOX-FQNLH-BEMY-MZ0
Gall: 3SHG-RUHT-LZTE4-JITI-N20
Garrosh: Y1HZ-SFWZ-MMRX2-WIY5-T5O
Gazlowe: NLXW-IQGF-QMGMP-EQKI-8BZ
Genji: JKNF-DETH-NHYOX-WBA7-X2J
Greymane: T38W-QOVF-SR3W9-4P0R-RT2
Gul'dan: 4YP6-BJX4-HCOMN-VCTE-M0N
Hanzo: LQ5N-W2WO-D8CZP-NR4K-CFE
Illidan: B8K1-ZWDX-OR3LA-FQCF-Q8R
Jaina: AVK8-CIVN-DDT7R-N14D-IUP
Johanna: DRUM-OW29-N1TUO-KL1Z-SCW
Junkrat: SCSP-XDUB-DDO0D-TMCY-IA2
Kael'thas: RBLS-TATH-EDUJ2-IBNL-LRZ
Kel'Thuzad: 9P4Y-MCMV-WE9YX-PTZM-SI4
Kerrigan: YKTE-JE8M-9YGEA-2KIY-JER
Kharazim: IVJX-CQCO-IZHQK-SYWJ-SI9
Leoric: 86JG-V3IY-HAXPC-OA0A-PTK
Li Li: 1CZ3-LXNK-S06AX-FJHI-QJ3
Li-Ming: H9N9-LMR6-NLK5P-GVQG-G9Q
Lt. Morales: KWBW-MC1Y-PHVJP-62L7-KVQ
Lúcio: 00SJ-D0WZ-NPYLX-PIGQ-QQK
Lunara: D5OK-JLK7-KDXSA-SITD-QV9
Maiev: V8FJ-1IXW-3TNOJ-2MSX-1XU
Malfurion: DLX2-UJGU-EOF2G-F56D-RRV
Malthael: VBHW-U9MK-AASPT-F2QL-OXM
Medivh: UDC5-TEKM-MOGCD-1CNV-IBR
Muradin: LUK6-TZRE-QAIHC-XS82-ZN4
Murky: SVCJ-PHSW-20VKV-U4RB-91O
Nazeebo: 6IUQ-92DZ-LBXW8-MYGU-ZIG
Nova: MUN9-J5WR-LSSTB-LU6I-DQB
Probius: RV1N-QY5U-6ZA3V-CKK6-3TD
Ragnaros: O2PP-SRNZ-W0IBV-OQNZ-ENJ
Raynor: YEQ9-S8OM-MFX2A-MICP-IKZ
Rehgar: 90NH-XQA4-VJDXV-OZTU-6PQ
Rexxar: IQZF-GBBA-NSYHX-MJ7B-WXC
Samuro: RBZT-NGVI-BE3IR-SXJW-N8T
Sgt. Hammer: XXJV-GPDX-DBUEW-BPKY-F3B
Sonya: M6OO-QVVT-861YI-KPEG-IP1
Stitches: EHBX-ICLR-VQBTF-3EAH-ZIM
Stukov: GXML-S9QC-E5NUU-MRZQ-T80
Sylvanas: WXBQ-TVID-UINR3-P45F-CKN
Tassadar: TQQD-NXQS-ZPXEP-YILA-IYP
The Butcher: OMIB-KLKL-FAGGN-GSYU-RYT
The Lost Vikings: HY2U-3O9H-YVCVZ-DURT-ELB
Thrall: QZY7-NYNG-ZUAZQ-IQFW-ZOB
Tracer: HVLG-NI0P-69RLD-QXJV-LDP
Tychus: GQEA-F7ZI-HMIIO-RM51-7AH
Tyrael: XMKS-DSNX-YHPNH-YNP4-MZL
Tyrande: 4DEA-41LT-MGPJP-FIRB-3Z2
Uther: NRXO-I7IF-Y2JO5-YXSC-COG
Valeera: ZSDY-KOHG-FFRTK-LTKF-S4M
Valla: PK7Y-UXK2-PQ7YB-ZPEZ-SOR
Varian: WXBQ-SPOU-3VMTI-SGNS-R7D
Xul: QXVM-LYCO-MK0N1-K7CH-04Y
Zagara: RVYN-ISKI-7ASNU-M9A5-YAB
Zarya: VTDW-6WIN-Z66RJ-JOFN-XSP
Zeratul: ANZW-CASB-89NVK-IO5J-CYM
Zul'jin: Y8HZ-G8TF-2LH7C-LZVA-KHZ

The second riddle is:

To be loved is a curse not many can endure, the one before me could not withstand the allure. With guiding vision, I lead them ahead, but the luxury of sleeping is for another I said. Who am I?

Once you have solved this riddle, you should match your answer to the codes in the spoiler box below:

Spoiler

Abathur: A
Alarak: D
Alexstrasza: W
Ana: R
Anub'arak: 8
Artanis: G
Arthas: F
Auriel: H
Azmodan: N
Blaze: Q
Brightwing: 2
Cassia: 3
Chen: Y
Cho: T
Chromie: 1
Deckard Cain: B
Dehaka: B
Diablo: J
D.Va: K
E.T.C.: S
Falstad: Y
Fenix: Z
Gall: 1
Garrosh: W
Gazlowe: 5
Genji: H
Greymane: M
Gul'dan: 6
Hanzo: 1
Illidan: 0
Jaina: 6
Johanna: N
Junkrat: 1
Kael'thas: S
Kel'Thuzad: A
Kerrigan: L
Kharazim: U
Leoric: Z
Li Li: X
Li-Ming: L
Lt. Morales: M
Lúcio: 6
Lunara: Y
Maiev: T
Malfurion: D
Malthael: O
Medivh: I
Muradin: R
Murky: V
Nazeebo: Q
Nova: W
Probius: 2
Ragnaros: J
Raynor: F
Rehgar: J
Rexxar: D
Samuro: U
Sgt. Hammer: 4
Sonya: 9
Stitches: Y
Stukov: G
Sylvanas: 1
Tassadar: 5
The Butcher: G
The Lost Vikings: 7
Thrall: M
Tracer: W
Tychus: X
Tyrael: E
Tyrande: W
Uther: O
Valeera: Z
Valla: P
Varian: G
Xul: N
Zagara: S
Zarya: 2
Zeratul: J
Zul'jin: 7

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fliits said:

What does "glower" mean? Is it a noun, a verb or an adjective?

If you glower, you scowl at someone angrily. Hope this helps 🙂

• Like 2

In before someone bruteforces this without actually solving the riddle 😄 good luck everyone!

• Haha 2

Welp, there goes my effort. The code redemption won't allow me to try anymore codes.

Edited by Fliits

2 minutes ago, Fliits said:

Welp, there goes my effort. The code redemption won't allow me to try anymore codes.

How many did you try? Approx?

Just now, Blainie said:

How many did you try? Approx?

at least 10, probably twice that.

5 minutes ago, Fliits said:

at least 10, probably twice that.

Wondering if it caps at 15 or 20 - will try find out.

I'm too fucking dumb to understand how to solve these. I guess I'll just spend the next 8 hours trying every combination.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Haha 1

Just now, Valhalen said:

I'm too fucking dumb to understand how to solve these.

The easiest way to solve this that I came up with was taking a character list next to me and thinking who fits the description of the riddle. The problem is that the first one is really difficult.

We have a solution and it has now been confirmed by the user that it was through solving, not brute forcing!

For those of you that didn't get a chance or missed out on the code this time, we'll definitely look into doing more of these in the future if people enjoyed it. Don't worry, it will be back!

If you DID enjoy it, please do let me know!

I'm truly amazed someone got it this quickly, because I really tried to make them difficult. If you are wondering what the solution is, it is in this spoiler tag:

Spoiler

First one is Li-Ming, second one is Tyrande.

Li-Ming is 19, one of the youngest in the Nexus, so she isn't letting her age stop her from being incredibly powerful. She was a terrible student and broke every rule possible, choosing to become a Wizard, not a Mage, which pissed people off. Teleport in D3 is on a cooldown, but for Sorceress in D2, it wasn't. She has a quote in HoTS where she says her teacher knew how to teleport constantly but never told her.

Tyrande is loved by Night Elves as a leader, but she is incredibly afraid of becoming like Azshara, who took it a step too far and treated herself as a goddess to be worshipped. She leads the Night Elves as their Priestess of Elune and faction leader, but also uses the Owl in game that works as a scouting tool. She once said to Malfurion that she didn't have the luxury of sleeping through disasters like he did, referencing when he was in the Emerald Dream and such.

Once again, if you liked it, let us know! We'll do our best to make sure there are more things like this for our users to have some fun with 🙂

• Like 4

Wow I didn't even take #1 as an option, I thought we we're talking about someone really old.

Also, I was sure Dark Lady was the second one. Goes to show how little I know about Warcraft lore.

Anyway, this was really fun. I hope I get to rack my brain with similarly possible and not guesswork reliant riddles. Hey diddle diddle, bring me more riddles.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I'm truly amazed someone got it this quickly, because I really tried to make them difficult.

Whelp, that was fast. Whoever solved these really know their stuff about the lore.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Fliits said:

Anyway, this was really fun. I hope I get to rack my brain with similarly possible and not guesswork reliant riddles. Hey diddle diddle, bring me more riddles.

I was trying to make sure that the first clue pointed that way! 😛

I'm glad you enjoyed it though, I'll definitely look to do this again, with a few more clues and prizes involved!

I saw the riddles only now. I liked them.

The first one was pretty hard considering I know next to nothing about the lore. But the age requirement alone cuts a lot of characters (being either very young or very old), and I was actually thinking of various mages (including Li Ming) and then realizing that I don't know the age of any of them, so I started thinking of Li Li and Deckard Cain too 😅

As for the second one, I had absolutely no clue whatsoever except that it was not a Starcraft or Overwatch character, which is... not very useful.

• Like 1

My only lead towards the first one was Chromie ("time" "power") have almost 0 knowledge of Diablo lore. For the 2nd one, I was sure it was Malfurion (from the sleeping part), I read too fast into it. Oh well, close enough :p

Really like riddles, yeah, please do more :3

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Aasgier said:

I saw the riddles only now. I liked them.

Sorry about that! Moving forward, for future versions of this, I'm thinking of an announcement post with the riddles being given at time intervals that are announced beforehand, maybe with prizes for solving single riddles as well as all of them.

We'll have to see how we can improve!

• Like 2

Cool idea, it's a shame it was solved this quickly. I got Tyrande right from the start, with both the "love" and "sleep" hints, but I would never have guessed Li-Ming, because I was thinking about the older (or immortal) heroes such as Gul'dan and Alextraza.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to give the riddles first, and the options/codes on a set date later on. This way everybody has some time to think and a fairer chance at winning.

Edited by lChronosl

Yeah I just read this post too. I thought #1 answer was Gul'dan cause I figured he's basically immortal with his fell power and I with 'glower' I figured cause the fell energy gave all the orcs 'glowing' green skin.

For the second one I figured it was either Illdan or Malfurion cause of the love and sleep for a long time in the hint. If I had got to try those and didn't work I probably would have tried Tyrande then since she's the reason for there love in the first place. Which she being the answer I suppose makes more since cause of that in the first place.

Still was fun to read and give it a guess before finding out the answer.