FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
stayfrosty

Point me in the right direction please :)

As all 3 specs do roughly the same DPS assuming the same skill level of a player, the spec that you can play the best, and you are the most familiar with, will give you the highest DPS.

Your name is Stayfrosty. I think you're answering your own question.

Anyway, armory link doesn't work. Also ilvls don't speak much to how much haste/mastery/crit proportions you have or how well you play each.

I believe at every end of an expansion, Fire will always be best spec for end of tier content, that was the case for Cataclysm, When combustion was OP As hell, Although, I'm not sure if you want simplicity, because arcane is pretty close to fire, & is easier to play than fire right now.

I believe at every end of an expansion, Fire will always be best spec for end of tier content, that was the case for Cataclysm, When combustion was OP As hell, Although, I'm not sure if you want simplicity, because arcane is pretty close to fire, & is easier to play than fire right now.

Just because fire was "OP" in cataclysm, it doesn't mean it is the case in this expansion as well. All specs has been through immense revamp and if the player can use his character and spec effectively they can produce the same results.

The reason why WoL has only fire and arcane mages in the pole position is, that the top raiders are using these specs, whilst frost is mostly used by the mid-end raiders and very rarely by the high-end raiders. Also, looking at only one fight ESPECCIALLY normal mode is kinda pointless... (I am referring to you post in another topic with WoL links to normal Siegecrafter) I cannot argue about fire having high potential but it is NOT true that it is the only viable spec right now.  And no, 5-10k DPS difference doesn't matter in average.

I issue the same challenge to any fire or arcane mage. Raid with me, a flex or LFR even. Beat me in a way that I can't catch up to you, consistently, and I will concede the point.

Until that day comes, I'll maintain my position that the specs are within skill capabilities.

Edited by Akraen
  • Like 1

What is your goal?  Is there a particular fight your group is stuck on? (Check and see if you are doing enough dps, or if it is failure to execute mechanics or what holding you up).  Or is there a particular player that is consistently beating you in your raids you want to compete against?

I would think that after getting a character to 560 ilvl with 4t16 you would already have a good idea of what is available and what you excel at. 

• Like 1

I issue the same challenge to any fire or arcane mage. Raid with me, a flex or LFR even. Beat me in a way that I can't catch up to you, consistently, and I will concede the point.

Until that day comes, I'll maintain my position that the specs are within skill capabilities.

I'm interested in seeing your logs now.. lol