FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

How to Reset Azerite Powers in Battle for Azeroth

UDEzCMC.jpg

Azerite reforgers have been added on Battle for Azeroth Beta, allowing players to reset Azerite traits on individual pieces of Azerite Armor at an increasing gold cost that resets every week.

It does not matter which piece of Azerite Armor you want to reset, the cost quickly ramps up to prevent players from picking different traits for specific encounters within raids. If you accidentally pick a wrong Azerite trait on your gear, don't worry, Blizzard does not want you to be locked into a set of choices and the initial cost of changing Azerite traits will be negligible. Respeccing becomes pricy if you plan to change your Azerite traits more than 10 times a week.

Number of Resets Gold Cost
1 5 Gold
2 10 Gold
3 10 Gold
4 40 Gold
5 40 Gold
6 80 Gold
7 160 Gold
8 320 Gold
9 640 Gold
10 1,280 Gold
11 2,560 Gold
12 5,120 Gold

Nudara the Shaper is the Azerite Reforger that can be found in Zuldazar Harbor. Talk to him and simply drag and drop a piece of Azerite gear into the slot to reforge its powers. The item can be equipped while reforging and Azerite Armor slots (Head, Shoulders, Chest) do not have individual costs, so if you reforge your Helm twice and Chest Armor five times, the subsequent reset will cost you 320 Gold.

WoWScrnShot_060618_215947.jpgWoWScrnShot_060618_215955.jpg

definitely not a fan of that system, I get that it incentivises farming different items for different specs, but it might e.g. require you to have the same item for 2 specs just to swap for traits, and at that point the system becomes just annoying IMO

Yeah this isn't a good system at all. When I first heard about it I thought that it would be like the current tier bonuses that swapped based on your spec, but this? This is garbage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Labi132 said:

definitely not a fan of that system, I get that it incentivises farming different items for different specs, but it might e.g. require you to have the same item for 2 specs just to swap for traits, and at that point the system becomes just annoying IMO

If that's the case, that's annoying indeed, but you should not have too many of those items that are optimal for two specs. Maybe automatically switch powers when switching specs, just as talents? That would be a mess though.

As the article states, I see this more to prevent switching azerite powers to adapt to a given encounter, not a given spec. This does the job. 

Overall it is well designed, well thought through and implemented as usual. Nothing to complain here, it is way better than allowing people to switch traits as they want whenever they want. 

• Like 1

That moment when an awsome armor drops and you have to decide in what spec you can wear it...

Edited by Innervoid

To be completely honest, I don't see this as a bad feature. In any case, you will have to carry less gear for your off-specs than you did in Legion. Also keep in mind that rarely will you actually have an armor piece whose Azerite traits will be BiS across multiple specs. Based on the effects we've seen for the armors so far, the biggest upgrade to the armor comes at the very beginning, which is the item-level upgrade.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wiwh said:

As the article states, I see this more to prevent switching azerite powers to adapt to a given encounter, not a given spec. This does the job. 

Overall it is well designed, well thought through and implemented as usual. Nothing to complain here, it is way better than allowing people to switch traits as they want whenever they want. 

Only problem is that with the current cost, that's not gonna work. People already spend a couple hundred gold per raid night on flasks, food, tomes etc. Even if you respec your armor three-four times a night, it's still gonna be dirt cheap. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tkioz said:

Yeah this isn't a good system at all. When I first heard about it I thought that it would be like the current tier bonuses that swapped based on your spec, but this? This is garbage.

No its not garbage.  It prevents players from constantly changing the traits in their gear.  Its stupid to think that you could just freely change traits to squeeze out .00001% more dps for a specific raid encounter.  Thats also why we will want to have different azerite armor from the raids, for variability in gear options.

Get off your high horse and stop whining.

9 hours ago, Jaylock said:

No its not garbage.  It prevents players from constantly changing the traits in their gear.  Its stupid to think that you could just freely change traits to squeeze out .00001% more dps for a specific raid encounter.  Thats also why we will want to have different azerite armor from the raids, for variability in gear options.

Get off your high horse and stop whining.

You're actually missing my point mate. I'm not complaining about the cost to respec, I'd be fine if the armour didn't respec at all. What I think is garbage is that of instead of working like tier sets, that is traits changing depending on specs, it works like legendaries meaning you'll need to have 2-4 of each azerite slot depending on your class and how many specs you play... 

They should just (if its not like this already actually) make azerite traits be spec specific, so when you respec if you didn't select azerite traits for that specialization yet, you can do so. Otherwise they automatically change to whatever you selected last time you were in that spec.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 4:26 AM, tkioz said:

You're actually missing my point mate. I'm not complaining about the cost to respec, I'd be fine if the armour didn't respec at all. What I think is garbage is that of instead of working like tier sets, that is traits changing depending on specs, it works like legendaries meaning you'll need to have 2-4 of each azerite slot depending on your class and how many specs you play... 

Except, that's really not gonna change a whole lot. When changing specs you still need to take into account secondary state weights, trinkets and weapons now, so either way you will be carrying all the other gear that isn't Azerite. 3 more pieces per spec on top of that isn't going to change a whole lot.

I think this Azerite armor change mechanic is more to let players test with different builds in order to find something that best suits them without it being permanent like the Netherlight Crucible.