Edjak

Frost Mage- I need some help

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

I need some help. I currently raid with my guild and my gear has improved and my Dps has been steadily increasing and I was happy with the amount of damage I was doing. I gave my mage a little break to focus a little bit more on my priest and when I came back I noticed the amount of damage i was doing was significantly less that what I usually do. My question has far as stats is "Am i gemming correctly? And if not what can i do? I currently run 51.26% haste and 67.75% mastery. Also with my gear how much damage should i be doing? This is my askmrrobot profile

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormrage/natsuperfly

and my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Natsuperfly/advanced

Thank you in advance for your help

As your armory looks fine, I would appreciate if you could post a combatlog from WoL about you to define the problem. smile.png Preferably Malkorok/Sha of Pride.

Regarding to how much dps you should be doing:

Here are my logs, our gear level is almost the same, so around these DPS/fight you should be fine

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z0ds5nt52vwpkb14/

I've never read or done logs before so excuse me i read them wrong. But according to the logs on the Sha fight your DPS  286,786. Correct? I'll try and get some logs up so I can compare myself better. I think the reason why my damage seemed low to me was because I was being lazy and not managing Invocation properly.

While you reacclimate and attempt to increase your DPS I recommend going down to 13053 haste and dumping the rest into mastery. Just plug 13053 into AMR as a soft cap under "edit weights" and do what it says to do.

Don't dismiss using Glyph of Cone of Cold on many of these fights. It can do some crazy things.

Without logs I can't tell you much else. Just focus on your uptimes, when things proc or are about to end, refresh bomb (snapshot). And just play well :)

Get some logs, post it hee and I'll help you deciding that. smile.png

But most of the times, yes it's due to invocation why DPS is low. Or movement issues... Or improper usage of CDs etc etc. smile.png

While you reacclimate and attempt to increase your DPS I recommend going down to 13053 haste and dumping the rest into mastery. Just plug 13053 into AMR as a soft cap under "edit weights" and do what it says to do.

Don't dismiss using Glyph of Cone of Cold on many of these fights. It can do some crazy things.

Without logs I can't tell you much else. Just focus on your uptimes, when things proc or are about to end, refresh bomb (snapshot). And just play well smile.png

I really should get used to cone of cold too.. biggrin.png

Thanks!! Guys for the input. As for the glyph on cone of cold i only use it on Dark Shamans and Spoils but I should prolly use it more often like on Sha, Galakras and maybe Protectors?? But i'll definitly try everything u guys told me.

Sorry for the double post but I have to ask why 13053. I understand that after 46% haste starts to lose to mastery but isnt there 3 different playstyles; haste build, mastery build, and mixed each with their own strengths and weakness but im curious why are you advising the mastery build? Any specfic reasons? Im only asking since i heard you were running a haste built and getting good results and i like running a lot of haste as well. And again sorry for all the questions. I know that u guys r both awesome frost mages and i just want to take advantage of that since i have ur attention :)