FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alierya

Ahn'Qiraj

Was flying about today doing a spot of achieve grinding when I recalled the uselessness of AQ as a zone. There was originally talk of making this a questable zone but that never materialised. I was wondering if anyone knew any plans bliz had to make something out of this empty space? It's really rather annoying.

Personally I would like a nice questing zone that links lore to lead onto AQ. Could even work in a similar way to molten front.

I don't think this is in the pipeline. When you see all that they still have to finish on the beta, I can't see how they would spend time on AQ. After that, they'll be busy working on the content patches and then again on a new expansion.

Decided to moderate my own comment :-)

Edited by Damian

The basic jist of why AQ is not it's own zone was specifically the addition of flight to Azeroth. It wouldn't make any sense to be flying around Silithus and all of a sudden hit an imaginary wall and a huge empty section of map. It's the same thing they did to Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub. Both raid zones that you can now actually fly over and land in but they are completely empty.

I don't think there was ever any plans, as stated above, to have it be a questing area.

I would personally like it though to be. Give some sort of interesting area to Silithus since that place sucks like whoa.

Its a small shame it wasnt revamped with the rest of the old world, but I suppose it was better than removing it from the game (heard plenty of rumours pre-Cata beta they were going to get rid of them).

Maybe the next expac they will redo it. Would be pretty cool. For me who didnt play Vanilla at high level I dont think I entered Sithithus nevermind AQ20/40 before achievements where released. Shame really as I quite like the place.

Yes there was some sort of rumours but I believe them to mainly be hearsay and conjecture pre-cata.

As it doesn't really do much and it is such a big zone I really do think they have an opportunity to pimp it up a little. Plus it would add something to slithus - I liked it at the time over plaguelands but now it just seems to have lost some of it's charm! As a pvp zone it would also attract more people to the place and could revitalise this as well.

I think they have a great opportunity to make it a complete end game zone along with Sithilus and revamp the whole lot. Lets face it you dont struggle for quests from 55-60 (especially seeing as you can go to Outland at level 58).

I've always loved the look and feel of the place, just never had much reason to go there, even levelling up my alts.