Stan

On Sale Now - Select Character Services

9 posts in this topic

4zi8Vn2.jpg

Save up to 25% on select character services during the latest sale! The offer is available through June 24.

Earlier today, Blizzard upgraded inactive accounts to WoD and gave them free game time. You can find more details here. You can now save 25% on the following services:

• Appearance Change
  • Character Transfer
  • Faction Change
  • Name Change
  • Race Change

Blizzard Shop [US] // Blizzard Shop [EU]

UQcVcug.jpg?1

Having to pay real money for those services still feels like a stab in the chest.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I hear ya.  I'm all for supporting something that brings me joy, and I want them to reinvest the money they get back into the game for continued enjoyment (and their own success), but paying for automated services in addition to a subscription feels petty/greedy (excluding the game time service, naturally).  Those functionalities should be included.

i would agree on the fact that it is too expensive, but if it was free nothing would matters anymore, people would just abuse it .

Edited by jashuuu

Only thing I have a problem with costing money would be the extra character features some classes got, like the "rotted" looks on Death Knights, I mean, you can already adjust skin color and eventual horns and ears, you think those barber goblins could handle that part as well.

11 hours ago, jashuuu said:

i would agree on the fact that it is too expensive, but if it was free nothing would matters anymore, people would just abuse it .

I think that rather than letting people to change it freely, some things should be restricted with cooldowns. For example Faction Change and Character Transfer; after you use it you must wait X days/weeks/months until you can use them again.

But I think that Appearance Change should be straight-up implemented into the game with a gold cost, at the Barber Shop (which at this point should be changed to a Surgeon Center).

9 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

I think that rather than letting people to change it freely, some things should be restricted with cooldowns. For example Faction Change and Character Transfer; after you use it you must wait X days/weeks/months until you can use them again.

But I think that Appearance Change should be straight-up implemented into the game with a gold cost, at the Barber Shop (which at this point should be changed to a Surgeon Center).

Can't imagine people wanting to change appearance that much. But yeah, just convert your gold into bnet currency if you think this is too expensive. Easy making money in WoW anyhow!

On 6/22/2018 at 1:33 AM, jashuuu said:

That is true. And it is already taking place like it is. Even though it costs money, auctioneer-traders sometimes switch their characters to other servers where the prices are more profitable and earn the money back easily.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:47 PM, Valhalen said:

I am not sure, but i always thought, there is already a cooldown for switchting realm/server already, even though it costs money. (to prevent the traders, that i mentioned, from abusing it to much.)