FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Riverwind

Need a laptop to run Wow

Hello,

I already have a good desktop but I want to buy a reqular daily laptop for playing Wow when I'am away from home.
But I don't use it in the raids. Just for farming, daily quests and 5 man dungeons .

Is this config. is enough for my needs ? Or do you suggest other laptops. I don't want to pay too much. (max 500$)

i5-8250U 1.6GHz Turbo 3.4GHz 6MB
GeForce 930MX
4 GB DDR4

Thank you.

• Like 1

Something to keep in mind with this is that System Requirements are liable to still change before Battle for Azeroth gets released, so you might buy a laptop that "works", but then no longer runs as well if they update them before release.

Personally, I'd wait until we are closer to BfA release before buying one, unless there is a great sale on somewhere for a laptop. It just seems a bit risky to buy one now and then have it not be useful for BfA.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:37 PM, Riverwind said:

Hello,

I already have a good desktop but I want to buy a reqular daily laptop for playing Wow when I'am away from home.
But I don't use it in the raids. Just for farming, daily quests and 5 man dungeons .

Is this config. is enough for my needs ? Or do you suggest other laptops. I don't want to pay too much. (max 500$)

GeForce 930MX
4 GB DDR4

Thank you.

It's nowhere near enough to decently run BfA. Thing is, WoW's game engine is old and only optimizes 1 core and 1.6 Ghz is super low clock speed, just like 4 gigs of ram is bad for running games.

I bought HP Elitebook 8470P on Amazon a few weeks ago. Budget refurbished laptop with okay specs. Works perfect. There are many laptops available for every budget. But don't forget to check carefully the address you enter. I missed one number in my postal code and faced with the delivery issues. Now I check it here https://worldpostalcode.com/canada/ every time I make online order.

Edited by WilliG

On 6/23/2018 at 12:07 AM, Riverwind said:

Hello,

GeForce 930MX
4 GB DDR4

Thank you.

Hey,

As you said you want a laptop specially when you`re away from home, I would like to know have you ever tried cloud hosted virtual desktop or something like that?

Regards,

Adrian Gates

Edited by AdrianG001