positiv2

Multishot Marauder Demon Hunter

23 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Demon Hunter Multishot Build with Marauder Set guide.

In the speedfarming variant it says to put Shadow Power as primary, but Shadow Power is not allowed in the Primary Slot.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:46 PM, Guest Anon said:

In the speedfarming variant it says to put Shadow Power as primary, but Shadow Power is not allowed in the Primary Slot.

Do you have elective mode enabled?

Yes elective, looks like a change or a build error. Also the skills description looks like the main rather then speed farming variant.

I use an Ess of Johan on my follower, so it doesn't seem like a good idea to double up on it.  Is there any reason to not use a Hellfire Amulet instead?  If a Hellfire Amulet is a good alternative, what extra passive do you think would be best?  Several seem beneficial.  Thanks.

I asked Deadset about whether using double The Ess of JohanThe Ess of Johan is intended, and it is. Therefore you might still want to use it on your character as well as on the follower. You can also consider using the suggested alternative amulet from the follower guide for your follower.

i had a friend of mine ask me why i would want to use The Ess of JohanThe Ess of Johan instead of an Hellfire Amulet of DexterityHellfire Amulet of Dexterity for group runs if it has a really good passive such as maybe awareness, if i was to use the hellfire amulet what passive would i want on the neck and what passive would i want to use as a general passive, also if i was to find a really good ess of johan or a ess of johan in general, would it be worth using instead of the hellfire neck ?

21 hours ago, MoonlightWarrior said:

Whats the point of using The Cloak of the Garwulf if you dont use the wolf companion rune in this build?

The Cloak of the GarwulfThe Cloak of the Garwulf works with 2-piece bonus from the Marauder set.

Hi, on Section 2.1 Snapshoting, I'm not familiar with how to perform this snapshot.  How do I perform this in detail?  thx!

12 hours ago, Guest pedal2metal said:

Hi, on Section 2.1 Snapshoting, I'm not familiar with how to perform this snapshot.  How do I perform this in detail?  thx!

This post on the official forums describes very well how snapshotting works and how to do it. This thread also talks about snapshotting with sentries, but the information is spread across multiple posts. Do these provide you with answers you are looking for?

5 hours ago, positiv2 said:

This post on the official forums describes very well how snapshotting works and how to do it. This thread also talks about snapshotting with sentries, but the information is spread across multiple posts. Do these provide you with answers you are looking for?

Thanks for following up, good info.  Here's my takeaway(s):  If you deploy the 5th sentry with the desired CoE element, you get maximal damage for up to a full 1 minute.  This snapshot can be performed every 30s using a potion (deploy 5th turret, take damage, drink potion during desired CoE element), which takes 2 CoE rotations (due to single rotation every 20s).  Is this essentially the point(s)?

2 hours ago, Guest pedal2metal said:

Thanks for following up, good info.  Here's my takeaway(s):  If you deploy the 5th sentry with the desired CoE element, you get maximal damage for up to a full 1 minute.  This snapshot can be performed every 30s using a potion (deploy 5th turret, take damage, drink potion during desired CoE element), which takes 2 CoE rotations (due to single rotation every 20s).  Is this essentially the point(s)?

Yes, but instead of boosting you for a minute, it works for a much shorter duration, before a new snapshot is created.

Unrelated to the snapshotting through potion usage, not sure whether it has already been fixed, but when drinking your potion, the sentries gain damage from your Marauder 6-piece bonus.

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Yes, but instead of boosting you for a minute, it works for a much shorter duration, before a new snapshot is created.

Unrelated to the snapshotting through potion usage, not sure whether it has already been fixed, but when drinking your potion, the sentries gain damage from your Marauder 6-piece bonus.

Can you clarify "before a new snapshot is created"?  For example, if I had 3 stacks of Sentries, I can drop those essentially immediately, those 3 sentries are all good for 1 minute (with Passive).  Then 6 seconds later, I can drop Sentry #4, then 6 seconds later, drop Sentry #5.  This still leaves 48s for the first 3 Sentries.  So what else is going to create a new snapshot assuming I don't drink a potion, don't go up in Paragon level?  Would a CoE element change create a new snapshot?  Anything else?

On the M6 aspect, I guess I took that for granted since each Sentry also issues a Multi-shot when you do.  I suppose you're referring to the base bolt damage, not the Multi-shot.  Good info.

Thanks for engaging on this topic, much appreciated...

Sadly, I am not versed well enough in snapshotting to know when are which snapshots created, though it seems that sentries refresh snapshots whenever they fire a regular bolt or when you activate a pylon (sadly I cannot test it), aside from the ones you mention. Maybe some other user knows better, as these are the ones I was able to find on the official forums, and it is possible that there are more, or that these are not accurate.

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Sadly, I am not versed well enough in snapshotting to know when are which snapshots created, though it seems that sentries refresh snapshots whenever they fire a regular bolt or when you activate a pylon (sadly I cannot test it), aside from the ones you mention. Maybe some other user knows better, as these are the ones I was able to find on the official forums, and it is possible that there are more, or that these are not accurate.

Thanks positiv2, no problem.  The firing of a regular bolt causing a snapshot update (my interpretation as well) seems to essentially negate the value-proposition of a sentry snapshot.  Generally-speaking, I find myself throwing down sentries when I need them, which  @GR90+ is virtually always, so they are firing constantly which essentially means the snapshotting isn't terribly relevant, at least from the AS perspective.  The M6 damage aspect still seems viable though.  BTW, I find this site is excellent for Diablo 3 details & clarity.  I always seem to end up here when I'm exploring the depths of a new class, etc....  Kudos to all involved!

I have just switched from the n6/m4 build to this one a day or two ago but the same question applies. Has anyone tried not running Custom Engineering? I am finding that it limits me to 4 sentries regardless of cooldowns without Custom Engineering, I am questioning every part of my build so I can find spots for small improvements or places to sacrifice ease and survivability for more damage. In doing this I learned there seems to be a cap that I am confused about, does max turret charge=max turrets in use as well?

Another question Does Cloak of Garwulf effect damage? To my understandings it does not but when I tried having it in the cube vs not I find myself clearing faster to the point of rifts that had 2 min remaining all of sudden are rifts that have 10 min remaining.

Edited by SwordOfFi

17 hours ago, Thipsley said:

Where is the survivability in this spec? I am dying much more then when I used the shadow impale build.

I'm running it on hardcore right now, and I'm a little hesitant to go beyond torment 12. Some of it is my paragon level (361), and I'm missing the ess of Johan for myself and my follower (which, admittedly, might help a ton), but I'm definitely finding I need more life per hit and vitality to keep it safe while getting optimal rolls and that last piece of gear.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:34 AM, Guest Stebano said:

I'm running it on hardcore right now, and I'm a little hesitant to go beyond torment 12. Some of it is my paragon level (361), and I'm missing the ess of Johan for myself and my follower (which, admittedly, might help a ton), but I'm definitely finding I need more life per hit and vitality to keep it safe while getting optimal rolls and that last piece of gear.

For me, I'm at paragon 700 and I find my self dying if I take almosy any damage. Some is not avoidable while most is. On the shadow impale build that not avoidable damage wasnt death for me. Currently went back to the shadow impale build. 

-Johan gives you alot of survivability moving packs of mobs into groups allowing you to manouvre around the battlefield with vault away from ground effects and slow moving projectiles much more easily.

-A good thing to note is that a 9% zoeys basic spec is more valuable than an 8.5% ancient belt by a long way, the damage reduction is the most valuable thing on the belt, despite what the guide says

-Try to stand behind your follower meatshield, both pets (and templar) especially if you have your follower cannot die relic.

-I find i need to run Vit up to around 900k hp to make up for the lack of vengeance uptime when searching for elite packs on higher GR's.

-REALLY need to be aware of using your evasive fire to keep wraps of clarity bonus while moving through trash to look for a nice dense pack to clear, you will get a few deaths practising keeping this up until youre used to it.

-lastly, while learning the build you can use the toughness rune on evasive fire and swap out BoTT for Esoteric, i find this especially good on hardcores until you start pushing 95/100 and you flat out need the damage. I ran with around 220m sheet toughness (thanks to Eso) this season until i was convinced i just needed the damage to clear quicker. Admittedly it really helped until i hit paragon 900, but from there you should have aug's and can fairly easily afford to drop the 200 points in VIT to help you clear

Why is Cindercoat not the recommended item swapout for speedfarming? Pride's Fall is only 30% conditional RCR whereas Cindercoat is both +fire dmg and -30% fire cost reduction vs Prides 30% RCR if you havent been hit for 5s. In speedfarming you dont use the slow from sentries anyway, you 1shot so you spam on spawn/new level, so you can even use the fire sentry for the RCR on cinder if you wanna go the whole way

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.