FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

WoW 9th Anniversary! How long have you been playing?

Today marks the start of the celebrations of WoW 9th anniversary. I've only started playing in April 2009 (and working on Icy Veins since early 2011), so I can only imagine how it feels like for people who have been playing the game since the beginning

I started just before Burning Crusade came out. Sometime around this month marks 7 years that I've been playing WoW.

Happy Anniversary! Been playing since I left Dark Age of Camelot during the Naxx patch in 2006. WOW has come a long way since vanilla, and I think it has a great future for all of us to look forward to. 

Started in wrath. Early 2010.

IMMButK.png

Took me a month to reach level 70.

qxRYYpk.png

Stopped around 74~ and didn't pick the game back up until the next school year where I finally hit 80.

IgeJAT3.png

Then cata came out and I hated having to do it all over again T_T.

After that though, I started doing some real raiding at the end of Firelands and have loved the end-game ever since.

I started just before Burning Crusade came out. Sometime around this month marks 7 years that I've been playing WoW.

ye same. I never got to 60 before tbc came out tho.

I didn't get into beta but I've been playing on and off the whole 9 years.  hit 60 on my warrior before tbc, was in the process of making my fire resist set for MC and then suddenly it no longer mattered. Mained my mage mostly through tbc except for the buffs to dps warriors then I went back to that...Ahh Karazan fury dps was broken.   Then in Wrath I got my deathknight we fell in love. Been maining that class ever since, even though I did a few stints as shamy, druid and priest heals.  Real shame I don't know how to play any of em :P

Guest WeeWilly

Thanks and you too!  Been playing since day 1 that it went on sale 9 years ago.  Had anywhere from 1 to 3 accounts at a time.  Now am smart and only have 1 account.    

This years celebration is pretty nice - an additional 9% of exp from killing things.  Rose 2 levels yesterday on my "frost" mage, hehe, had to put it that way. 

Hope your leg is mending good! 

-wee willy

I played a warlock on my friend's beta account and picked up the game at launch.  I've been off and on a little.  My biggest hiatus was the end of Cata through a couple months into the launch of MoP.

Rare Patron

It has been almost nine years, having been coerced by my daughter and son-in-law to play. She has subsequently opted for a real life but her husband continues as a hard core priest/rogue. Seven 90s later I still enjoy the game and by far my lock is my favorite. Looking forward to retiring next year and devoting more time to play and consuming Irish Whiskey.

Edited by Tangele
  • Like 1

I started back in vanilla, and I have loved every second of it! I am a proud healer, and my healing career became set in stone once I was able to use a shaman as a horde player, since I would never turn my back on the horde! Can't wait to play for years to come! For the Horde!laugh.png  -Botar

• Like 1

I started at launch on a druid, switched to Anno (my warlock) around AQ. Played him up to 2.2, when I quit. Came back for 5.1 though, and I've stuck around since then.

Started in May 2005. 6mo recurring sub since then, don't even know what card it's being charged to at this point.

Played my druid from the start up to MoP, around 600 days /played.

Switched to this mage for MoP, but I've had this character since July 2005, originally human obviously, around 400 days /played.

Been playing since January 2006.

Started on a few diff characters before landing back on a Hunter, didn't hit level cap until TBC, Became a paladin for WOTLK as my main, though my hunter followed with it and both toons raided heroics by the end of ICC. Cata was a balance of both, starting hunter for t14/t15 paladin t15/t16. MoP has been all paladin, until the last 2 months of ToT, since then I quit hardcore raiding and am casually raiding on one of my 2 prot paladins.

My total play time is up to: 611 days (give or take ~20)

Split up as: 207.5 on my horde paladin, 137.5 on my alliance paladin, and 216 on my hunter. Probably another 50 or so across unimportant toons such as the rogue I leveled through PvP and twinked at 39.

I've quit for about 6 months during that whole period, and almost quit again, but decided to stick with it. I did the math on how much I've sent vs hours of entertainment... money well spent.

Subscribed 1 month after the release of the game on recommendation of friends.  There have been so many  improvements (and not so many is some respects) changes to the UI, quests, classes, etc. Some of the better changes involved in quests and leveling to lower level characters where they either simplified, or just removed from the game.

Blizzard has had its ups and downs, but for the most part, they have listened to our complaints and suggestions, even if most of the class changes seemed to be on "WTF are thinking" category, along with dungeon quests and the like.  Can't please us all, obviously, but it is a continuous, evolving project isn't it?  Sometimes it feels they got it right, other times?! 

I've just returned to the game after a 6 month walkabout to recharge my mental batteries.  It's going to take awhile to absorb the changes made in my absence, especially with my 3 level 90s, and the up and coming of my other characters.

Well, I've rambled enough.  Got to get busy and do all kinds of mod installations, EVULI, Clique, Weak Auras, and a bunch of others I shall probably need.

Keep up the good work on Icy-Veins.  I've found it it to be a valuable resource for just about everything, with very good reasoned advice, and the willingness of the contributors to help without insulting one's intelligence.  That means a lot to this Senior Citizen.  Take care and thanks for listening.

I started in 4.2, not exactly sure of dates. Started as a hunter but got bored very quickly and rolled a druid, which I still main to this day. I mostly levelled as feral but switched to Boomie as MoP launched and fell in love with the class all over again. Capped my warlock in the summer as I like the playstyle more now than back in Cata but still love my doom chicken more. 

I never played beta, but I started playing not long after WoW was released. Since then, I've had many breaks but there's not a single expansion that I haven't played in. I was there when the Dark Portal reopened, but I've lost the vanity tabard that I had because I stupidly deleted my account over one of my breaks.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that I was the original Huntard ;)

I started right after Burning Crusade came out, finally decided to give it a try as my friends were all freaking out over it :P.
Can't believe it's been close to 7 years already ph34r.png

I started playing from the very beginning. I played all the way until the end of WotLK. I've taken the last 2 expansions off. Not sure I ever plan to come back and play, but i stick around to see what's going on with the game.