FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lappila

Resto druid, need others point of view..

As I am fairly new at druid healing, I would love to improve my healing as much as I can do.. Therefore I will post "world of logs" and my "armory", and please come with some constructive criticism, so I can improve as much as possible! ;)

worldoflogs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o5ixbyrufozfo5lo/

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Lapp%C3%ADla/simple

Discuss! :D 

Hi. I can give you some advice, but you should know i don't technically have any experience healing as a resto druid in MoP at all (or playing the xpac for that matter). I quit during cata and am planning on coming back (waiting for black friday sale). That being said, i have played a resto druid in BC, Wrath, and Cata, and i have been looking up a lot of info in anticipation of playing again, so i can share some info i have collected thus far.

Now, i dont really have that much experience using world of logs, but from what i can see you over heal a lot. (i only looked at a couple fights and it says 50%). It's hard not to overheal as a resto druid because all the hots, but you want to have no more than 30% overhealing. This is especially important if you are having mana issues. To fix this you dont want to rejuv someone unless they are around 80% health. If you cast too many rejuvs you can go oom very quickly. 

Just some general healing tips: you want to be using swiftmend on CD pretty much (this will keep your mastery buff up at all times) and use WG on CD (as long as people will be healed by it. You should be using innervate on yourself when you are about 80% mana and then use it on CD. It is not really worth using on other healers unless you trade innervates with another resto druid, which will increase the mana you both get. 

Just a tip for gear, you generally want to get the highest ilevel pieces for the int increase, this will give you more throughput. Then you can reforge less desirable stats. Order of stats = Int > Spirit > Haste (to breakpoint) > Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Seems like you have a lot of spirit. Not sure how your mana usage is, but if you go oom during a fight you want more spirit. if you have a lot of mana left over at the end of a fight then you can reforge some into mastery or haste. You want at least 12k spirit though (you have 15k so you should be fine). 

As for haste, you can drop some. The most important breakpoints for haste are 3043, and 13163 (assuming you have the 5% raid buff). You are over the first break point, so reforge some into mastery (or spirit if you need more regen). You can't go for the 2nd breakpoint unless you have the highest level of gear. 

After you get your haste breakpoint that you are shooting for, go for mastery. Crit is useless (you should reforge the crit on your belt if you haven't already).

As for talents, seems good. I would consider incarnation for some fights though, especially fights that are healing intensive/mana intensive. its actually a great cd for mana, because you can stack lifeblooms on a bunch of targets and get a bunch of free cast instant regrowths. Also soul of the forest doesnt really get extremely powerful until you get to the 2nd haste breakpoint. 

Glyphs look good, though rebirth isnt needed. I would recommend the wildgrowth glyph if you are doing a lot of 25 mans.

Generally, it looks like you're in good shape and are performing well. Is there any particular situation where you find you are struggling? I can make some general suggestions, but I think you are in a nice place.

- Drop some spirit, use mana potions and work on your efficiency instead. You're an Alchemist, after all, so you can make those fancy Alchemist's Rejuvenations. I suggest taking the Spirit out of gems, by running Artful Vermilion Onyx in red and yellow sockets and Zen Wild Jade in blue sockets. You don't necessarily need to reforge out of it. How can you be more efficient with your mana? Read on.

- Improve your Lifebloom uptime. OOC procs are a great mana saver and don't consume Sage Mender.

- Use Ironbark on the tank more often. As someone who primarily plays a tank, I am of the opinion that Ironbark should be used on cooldown just as a bear will normally use Barkskin on cooldown, unless it can be delayed to line up with an important ability. It's available frequently enough that you can be liberal with its usage, and every application reduces the amount of healing you have to do.

- Use your Innervate and trinkets early and often, as soon as you can benefit from the mana recovery.

- Don't ignore your T16 2P bonus. With that bonus, Healing Touch becomes better than even glyphed Regrowth with one stack of Sage Mender, which means you will be using Regrowth... almost never. For this reason, I would also replace Glyph of Regrowth with Glyph of Healing Touch while you are running with T16 2P.

- Use your Herbalism power, too!

- As Trouble says, you should reforge away more haste to get down to the next breakpoint, since it doesn't do much to improve your throughput otherwise. Putting the points into Mastery instead will improve your throughput.

With your groups current healer set up, there isn't a whole lot on your end you can do to increase your healing aside from just spamming more if you are not having mana issues. Since your group is using 3 healers one of them being a disc, that alone makes it harder for you to really do much on your end to increase you healing output because of all the shields the disc is putting out.

The legendary meta and the legendary cape can also help some if you are close to getting them.

Your group could try 2 healing some of the fights if a healer has a good OS. 

One thing in the logs I noticed is that you have natures vigil talent selected but never used it. So if you are gonna take that talent be sure to use it, if not take HoTW for more passive Int. 

As for talents, seems good. I would consider incarnation for some fights though, especially fights that are healing intensive/mana intensive. its actually a great cd for mana, because you can stack lifeblooms on a bunch of targets and get a bunch of free cast instant regrowths. Also soul of the forest doesnt really get extremely powerful until you get to the 2nd haste breakpoint. 

^ No offence but your SofF statement is garbage, even at the base 3k haste SotF doubles the number of ticks of the HoT you choose to use it on.  

SotF + WG = amazing raid healing ; SotF + Rej or LB = amazing tank healing

• Like 1

Aww, I did get alot more feedback, than I hoped for, and I thank you guys for using your time on me! 
I did reforge and regem now, I did see you point, and I did get alot of useful information from you guys.

And I did reglyph aswell, now I don't have the rebirth, but the healing touch.. I didn't see any use in the Wild Growth glyph, as I am only raiding 10 man (my computer crash on 25 man :()

And the reason why I did post this, is out beloved disc priest, ment I did under-preform.. But now that I've heard I don't.. I'll tell her to shhy! ;)

there are 2 types of resto druids right now one is a mast the other is haste. you have Soul of the Forest but only 8% haste. why? you should push to the next haste cap at least you have a lot of intell mast and intel sprit gems.. over all i would suggest pushing the next haste cap. you really dont need much crit. you can take a lot of the mastry and go pure haste. that will up your healing a lot

there are 2 types of resto druids right now one is a mast the other is haste. you have Soul of the Forest but only 8% haste. why? you should push to the next haste cap at least you have a lot of intell mast and intel sprit gems.. over all i would suggest pushing the next haste cap. you really dont need much crit. you can take a lot of the mastry and go pure haste. that will up your healing a lot

^ You are forgetting the 5% raid buff, he's at the main haste cap of 3k.

And in theory, yes,  haste does out preform mastery but not in reality.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3423-looking-for-resto-druid-help/?p=39326