FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Blood Death Knight 8.3

Guest Guest

Seems like this post is way way old, says  in point 3. 

quote: "These items are good options to pursue while preparing for the release of Uldir."

We are now in BFA 8.25

Just saying, doesn't seem like there has been much work put into the update

11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Seems like this post is way way old, says  in point 3. 

quote: "These items are good options to pursue while preparing for the release of Uldir."

We are now in BFA 8.25

Just saying, doesn't seem like there has been much work put into the update

Thanks for pointing that out! The traits section itself is up-to-date, I think the writers just missed removing this point from the section - I'll let them know ASAP.

Guest Lithmerus

Ive been thinking about this for awhile and i was wondering, how is voracious (gives 15%leech after DS) better against blood worms. Can you tell me in both a pvp and a pve pov. Because i really like doing pvp and im getting better at the rotations this site has giving me and was hoping for another insight.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:40 AM, Guest Lithmerus said:

Ive been thinking about this for awhile and i was wondering, how is voracious (gives 15%leech after DS) better against blood worms. Can you tell me in both a pvp and a pve pov. Because i really like doing pvp and im getting better at the rotations this site has giving me and was hoping for another insight.

Simply put, voracious has two problems by itself, and one with the competition. Let's go over the two fundamental issues:

1. Death Strike is your highest DPET ability by a very long shot on ST, and significant in AoE. Not just that, it's the bread and butter of your kit and something you optimize, but not to the point that you can hit it reliably twice within the Voracious window. As a result, you will be very unlikely to actually get the hardest hitting part of your kit to be affected by the leech, and since you've just healed with the initial one, you can be sure in content where the healing matters (we'll get back to this on the "competition" part) that it'll largely be wasted as DS will have healed you to full the server tick prior.
  2. Your damage output outside of Death Strike is not significant enough or predictable enough to game it. You're not a prot warrior - you cannot just hit avatar and then do 200k DPS for 10s after it (and by the way, this is why Bloodsport is so ridiculously good for them). You'll be praying for TDs or trying to "game" blood boil for the leech, effectively.

Now, for the competition:

• Bloodworms is a superior choice for pretty much all forms of content as they offer two things you want: DPS (yes, this is important), and a health battery that does not and cannot overheal outside of spectacularly infrequent cases (5 worms popping simultaneously when you drop below 50%, which means you were not in dangerous for 45-50s prior while in combat). Voracious offers neither of those.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:48 AM, Guest aaaakay said:

You really recommend avoiding twilight devastation still ?

We recommend equipping as much of it as possible. I'm not sure where you got the idea that you should be avoiding it, but it's definitely not on this guide ?