FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Havoc Demon Hunter 8.3

On 8/28/2018 at 9:50 AM, Guest Mekhet said:

I could have sworn the havoc guide here on icy veins told me to get revolving blades not unbound chaos just a few days ago. I need to get new gear now

I'm not sure what you mean by this? The guide says to get Revolving Blades as the #2 Outer Ring trait.

Guest Phasemaker

Could you please add, in the tab Gear and Best in slot or Stat priority, the numbers we can use in addons like Pawn? That would be very helpfull, thanks!

1 hour ago, Guest Phasemaker said:

Could you please add, in the tab Gear and Best in slot or Stat priority, the numbers we can use in addons like Pawn? That would be very helpfull, thanks!

Unfortunately that isn't something we implement. Stat weights in pawn are entirely personal to the player, and are influenced by other gear, trinkets, talents and even fight circumstances - there isn't a catch all option in this instance. This is why we recommend raidbots and simulationcraft as an addon feature to generate those for yourself.

On 8/28/2018 at 9:50 AM, Guest Mekhet said:

I could have sworn the havoc guide here on icy veins told me to get revolving blades not unbound chaos just a few days ago. I need to get new gear now

If you look closely at the chart, it shows their value on 1, 2 and 3 targets. Revolving blades is still the go-to for 1 target. 

Guest Lænya

Lately we were discussing whether Fel Barrage would scale with haste, better said: shooting more often while channeling with more haste. Wouldn't that mean it would make sense to use in Meta? Are there any calculations on this? ?

And what abount opening sequences with Meta & Momentum? Like.. Meta in, Felblade/Demon Bite, Blade Dance (Meta form of it)? Then you wouldn't have Momentum buff up. Or instantly Retreat and Fel Rush back in, then using Blade Dance, Fel Barrage (Or at beginning without Meta, depending on upper part of this comment), Eyebeam and normal rota after? TBH I'm kinda torn...

On 9/2/2018 at 6:02 PM, Zennen said:

During meta, do you still use eye beam or save it for when meta is over? How about if you have the Furious Gaze trait?

You will still be using Eye Beam during Metamorphosis - extremely high DPET and also reduces channel time via the Haste. Especially true if using Eyes of Rage or Furious Gaze.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:30 AM, Guest Comrade said:

what are the optimum traits for havoc dh on the engineering goggles?

Relational Normalization Gizmo and Barrage of Many Bombs are most consistent and flexible. Synaptic Spark Capacitor works well if enemies are lasting a long time in AoE.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:17 PM, Guest Lænya said:

Lately we were discussing whether Fel Barrage would scale with haste, better said: shooting more often while channeling with more haste. Wouldn't that mean it would make sense to use in Meta? Are there any calculations on this? ?

And what abount opening sequences with Meta & Momentum? Like.. Meta in, Felblade/Demon Bite, Blade Dance (Meta form of it)? Then you wouldn't have Momentum buff up. Or instantly Retreat and Fel Rush back in, then using Blade Dance, Fel Barrage (Or at beginning without Meta, depending on upper part of this comment), Eyebeam and normal rota after? TBH I'm kinda torn... 

Fel Barrage does gain additional hits from Haste during Meta, but you are blocked from using auto attacks or casting during it making the opportunity cost significantly higher than normal when outside of it. In large AoE situations it's definitely beneficial but the target breakpoint appears to be in the 3-4~ region last I checked. It also depends on if you were able to cast it before entering Meta, or after it ends, without losing targets.

Openers are very contextual, but I personally lean on Fel Rush in -> Retreat out -> Activate Meta to land back on the target. This doesn't maximise your Meta uptime but it does get you rolling quickly and can also be followed up by a Blade Dance into Eye Beam with your remaining uptime, followed by some generation leading into another Fel Rush where you begin to dump.

Thanks for answers, not only to my questions, but everyone elses as well. Very well answered, detailed, but easy to understand.

❤️

Guest Andro

Please Update ASAP, now that we are a month into the Expansion and raids are released. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Guest Andro said:

Please Update ASAP, now that we are a month into the Expansion and raids are released. Thanks.

What are you seeing that needs to be updated?

Guest Axio

Is it worth it to keep an item that is 340 over a 355 if the trait on it is bis? For exemple, I got a 340 Gonk Outrunner Mask with Revolving Blades and now I just looted a 355 Flashpowder Hood with Thirsting Blades.  So what should i use?

Thanks

Guest Suichimo

Is there a particular Haste break point where Demon Blades starts to gain an advantage over Demon's Bite?

Guest Moose

Hello could you please explain the azerite armour traits that have been updated. What does Laser matrix +10 or +5 mean? Where are the numbers coming from?

On 9/18/2018 at 8:15 PM, Guest Moose said:

Hello could you please explain the azerite armour traits that have been updated. What does Laser matrix +10 or +5 mean? Where are the numbers coming from?

The +5 and +10 are markers for stacks of Reorigination Array being active within Uldir; hense why the first trait in each of those instances are significantly more valuable because they trigger it.

Guest Guest

Does Revolving Blades affect Death Sweep?

With First Blood and 2 stacks of Revolving Blades the tool tip for Blade Dance reads 17,995 to Primary target, but when in Meta Form Death Sweep reads only 11k to Primary target.

This is while out of combat and simply looking at the tool tip for the ability.  (No buffs , ability or trinket procs)

Why, in the Demonic opener, is Metamorphosis cast so soon after Eye Beam? You get 8 seconds from Demonic. Don't you want to use them before hard casting Metamorphosis?

Guest Raox
1 hour ago, DaltonIsPanda said:

Why, in the Demonic opener, is Metamorphosis cast so soon after Eye Beam? You get 8 seconds from Demonic. Don't you want to use them before hard casting Metamorphosis?

I believe meta and eye beams's meta will extend duration of the meta buff, not clip it.

Guest Malvanis

Some of the information in this guide is very out of date. The wowhead guide is more updated and the demon hunter discord will answer most of your questions better than this for now.

New to the thread, so hey all.

Just to be clear, with Uldir Azerite traits +5RA is HEROIC, +10RA is MYTHIC?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Progq

5 hours ago, Progq said:

New to the thread, so hey all.

Just to be clear, with Uldir Azerite traits +5RA is HEROIC, +10RA is MYTHIC?

Thanks in advance.

It's the number of Reorigination Array stacks. For every week you kill at least 3 Uldir bosses (regardless of difficulty) you gain a stack, up to 10. This works retroactively, so you don't need the trait to gain stacks, the buff just won't be active without it.

Guest Mistaire

Hello in the trinket section can we add a ranking for the new trinket Forest Lord's Razorleaf  from Ivus the Forest Lord world boss?? thanks! 

Guest Ánathema

Not sure if I'm missing something, but on the page for BIS Gear, for the suggested weapons, Cracking Jade Kilij from King's Rest is an Intelligence weapon, and Saber of Dread Pirate Lockwood from Siege of Boralus is a Strength weapon.

Guest Lofi

Essences are outdated? Most of them listed here do not exist on Wowhead with these descriptions in tooltip.