FORUMS
Valks

Assassination Rogue 8.3

16 hours ago, TeoStrife said:

Guys, i have one question. Does Nightstalker Talent buff up the Rupture's damage?
Because the tooltip does not change to reflect the damage buff, while other tooltips get the updated damage whenever i enter stealth.

For example, if i Stealth > Mark for Death  > Rupture, will that Rupture do 50% more damage?

Thanks

Yes, it will.

Guest Blayke

So does added haste begin to improve dps immediately, (and if so, how?) or do you have to reach a "soft cap", i. e. a haste level that provides an extra tick in the time period that the buff/bleed lasts, in order to reap any benefit?  Is there a haste % we should be aiming for (if so, why?), and if so, does haste still give any benefit before reaching that number (again, if so, how?)

Been through the various guides and forums and can't find an explicit answer to this.

Thanks for any help with this.  ?

35 minutes ago, Guest Blayke said:

So does added haste begin to improve dps immediately, (and if so, how?) or do you have to reach a "soft cap", i. e. a haste level that provides an extra tick in the time period that the buff/bleed lasts, in order to reap any benefit?  Is there a haste % we should be aiming for (if so, why?), and if so, does haste still give any benefit before reaching that number (again, if so, how?)

Been through the various guides and forums and can't find an explicit answer to this.

Thanks for any help with this.  ?

Immediately, it speeds up all of the ticks. Since wod(?) i believe, there is no more hard breakpoints which get you an extra tick, and instead it's speeding up all the time.

Currently I don't think there is any specific percentage that gets a huge bump in value, so nothing specific to aim for.

Guest Roguepoison

So does anyone else feel Assassination is a bit squishy and lackluster than it was in Legion? I mean I know a lot was pruned or changed but I still use it as my main spec, don't know if it'll change with better gear, but about 2 days into 120 at 305 ilvl and I still it's quite difficult to stay alive against more than 2 mobs at a time. Maybe that's just me, but I've played Assassination since LK and I know in WoD it took a big dip but in Legion is was pretty strong.. I can't recall having the same complications in Legion as I do in BFA.

Guest Qinjax

How does shrouded suffocation add more damage than any other trait when you cant keep the dot rolling and it's on effectively a 2 minute cooldown?

4 minutes ago, Guest Qinjax said:

How does shrouded suffocation add more damage than any other trait when you cant keep the dot rolling and it's on effectively a 2 minute cooldown?

Currently it is broken, however previously the damage increase from the trait, applied to every single dot tic, thus making it a lot stronger than it looks.

After it is fixed, it's behavior will be re-tested.

Guest Suicidesally

Would it be worth to get the epic BOE trinkets from AH, Darkmoon Card, and Landoi's Scrutiny? 

And how good are they compared to the blue trinkets mentioned in the gear list?

Hopefully someone can help me with this, because I am thinking about buying both. 

28 minutes ago, Guest Suicidesally said:

Would it be worth to get the epic BOE trinkets from AH, Darkmoon Card, and Landoi's Scrutiny? 

And how good are they compared to the blue trinkets mentioned in the gear list?

Hopefully someone can help me with this, because I am thinking about buying both. 

Darkmoon card is great, Landoi is so-so :

https://www.herodamage.com/rogue/trinkets/1t-pr-assassination

Guest Questionasker

Why is the rotation called Abridged now? I thought we had Easy Mode for that? When will the normal rotation release?

Hi.

I have some questions regarding stats.

The guide says I should prioritise stats as Agi > Haste > Crit > Mastery.

All my gear has Agi, so I'm not concerned about that. Currently, I'm level 115 and my concern is, should I always use the piece of gear that is the highest iLvl? Or should I ignore the iLvl and use the best gear that will keep my Crit % as my highest stat, then my Haste % second and then Mastery % third?

Thanks.

Edited by Vanorr

On 8/24/2018 at 2:28 PM, Vanorr said:

Hi.

I have some questions regarding stats.

The guide says I should prioritise stats as Agi > Crit > Haste > Mastery.

All my gear has Agi, so I'm not concerned about that. Currently, I'm level 115 and my concern is, should I always use the piece of gear that is the highest iLvl? Or should I ignore the iLvl and use the best gear that will keep my Crit % as my highest stat, then my Haste % second and then Mastery % third?

Thanks.

When leveling, item level is almost always going to be best for you. The defensive aspect of the gear is equally as important as the offensive, so item level really is king for leveling.

Agility being the top priority is important and should not be discarded. Primary stats are extremely important in this expansion and, more often than not, items will be an upgrade purely because of being a higher item level. To be 100% certain, you need to sim the gear you get using Raidbots, but it's definitely important to pay attention to Agility on gear. 

Is there any reason I shouldn't be using Coastal Rejuvenation Potion instead of Coastal Healing potions? I know the mana does nothing, but these heal for the same amount and are very cheap to buy.

On 8/31/2018 at 7:00 PM, Blainie said:

When leveling, item level is almost always going to be best for you. The defensive aspect of the gear is equally as important as the offensive, so item level really is king for leveling.

Agility being the top priority is important and should not be discarded. Primary stats are extremely important in this expansion and, more often than not, items will be an upgrade purely because of being a higher item level. To be 100% certain, you need to sim the gear you get using Raidbots, but it's definitely important to pay attention to Agility on gear. 

I understand I should pay attention to Agi, I'm not discarding it. I'm just very unsure whether my percentages should all my in order of highest to lowest (Haste > Crit > Mastery)? I'll do a sim and see how I go.

Guest BiS leggs

aren't the leggings (Hir'eek Hide Leggings) from Exalted Talanji's Expedition better? coming in at 350 itlv and having +82 crit and +128 haste. vs the suggested BiS leggs listed on this site wich has +118 crit  and +92 haste at itlv 350.

On 9/1/2018 at 3:39 AM, less said:

Is there any reason I shouldn't be using Coastal Rejuvenation Potion instead of Coastal Healing potions? I know the mana does nothing, but these heal for the same amount and are very cheap to buy.

Can use either.

On 9/4/2018 at 1:40 AM, Guest BiS leggs said:

aren't the leggings (Hir'eek Hide Leggings) from Exalted Talanji's Expedition better? coming in at 350 itlv and having +82 crit and +128 haste. vs the suggested BiS leggs listed on this site wich has +118 crit  and +92 haste at itlv 350.

BiS list is simply from dungeon drops, you can get better gear from other sources, especially with WF/TF, so it's better to sim top gear for yourself.

Guest Blayke

Never got an answer on this one, so i'll try again.  ?

Why is it recommended to have two different enchants on our daggers (I'm assassination, btw)?  I would have thought if one haste enchant is good, two might be better?  Thanks for any and all help here.

4 minutes ago, Guest Blayke said:

Never got an answer on this one, so i'll try again.  ?

Why is it recommended to have two different enchants on our daggers (I'm assassination, btw)?  I would have thought if one haste enchant is good, two might be better?  Thanks for any and all help here.

I haven't tested it recently in-game, but last time they did not stack properly, so you'd lose the benefit if you used two of the same ones. It's the same way in sims, unless they also model it incorrectly.

• Like 1

Guest Bullzark

At what point do you start to devalue haste? I'm sitting at 19% base haste, and energy regen isn't that big of an issue it seems. Still a touch slow, so I am guessing somewhere around 22-25%?

Also, in terms of stat weights, what value would you give to each? I've setup my dugi config (not the best addon, I know) for loot.

Currently I have stat weights of

17.46 - Agility

13.05 - Haste

10.66 - Crit

8.05 - Mastery

4.06 - Versatility

so its pretty much

4.5 agility

3 haste

2.5 crit

2 mastery

1 versa

Where abouts to you value haste to the expense of others?

Guest Red

Just for some clarification, are we supposed to be using FoK over Mut on 2 or more targets or more than 2?

46 minutes ago, Guest Red said:

Just for some clarification, are we supposed to be using FoK over Mut on 2 or more targets or more than 2?

2 or more.

Hello,

I was just looking at the easy mode page:

Basic Rotational Priority for Assassination Rogue

1. Keep Rupture IconRupture and Garrote IconGarrote applied to the main target at all times.
  2. Use Vendetta IconVendetta on cooldown.
  3. Activate Vanish IconVanish on cooldown, when you have full Combo Points, and apply Garrote IconGarrote.
  4. Cast Envenom IconEnvenom to dump Combo Points.
  5. Use Mutilate IconMutilate to generate Combo Points on 1 target. Use Fan of Knives IconFan of Knives to generate Combo Points on 2+ targets.

For #3, Idon't understand why you would cast Garrote if you have full combo points.  Isn't that an over cap of combo points?  Should that be Rupture instead, or maybe say "Activate Vanish when on cooldown when you have 3 or 4 combo points, and apply Garrote"  I guess this depends on which talents you choose as well.

Thank you!