FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
rosh

8.0 sin rogue - subterfuge

I've been stabbing at the dummy for an hour or so and trying to figure out how to make best use of SubterfugeSubterfuge.  As far as I can tell, this is recommended because of the Garrote increase and that we should probably prioritize garrote in this window.  Should we refresh Garrote during stealth window regardless of any remaining time?

Raidbot is saying I should be pulling 4.9k, but I've been managing only around 3.3k dps in 231 gear.  I'm curious as to what everyone else is pulling. 

Edit: I hopped in LFR and managed to pull 4.4 on Garothi and 4.7 on Hounds

Edited by rosh

On 7/18/2018 at 11:35 AM, rosh said:

I've been stabbing at the dummy for an hour or so and trying to figure out how to make best use of SubterfugeSubterfuge.  As far as I can tell, this is recommended because of the Garrote increase and that we should probably prioritize garrote in this window.  Should we refresh Garrote during stealth window regardless of any remaining time?

Raidbot is saying I should be pulling 4.9k, but I've been managing only around 3.3k dps in 231 gear.  I'm curious as to what everyone else is pulling. 

Edit: I hopped in LFR and managed to pull 4.4 on Garothi and 4.7 on Hounds

The only time I would recast Garrote is when multi-dotting. Otherwise just use it to keep the debuff applied

seeing haste is priority  assassin stat now, wouldn't  sephuz be a more viable legendary being able to proc it with kick almost constantly in M+ dungeons..?

On 7/21/2018 at 12:23 PM, Carrn said:

The only time I would recast Garrote is when multi-dotting. Otherwise just use it to keep the debuff applied

Ok, but if vanish just came off CD, and your primary target still has a 12 second garrote debuff, should you delay vanish?  Applying garrote when stealthed or within 3 seconds of coming off stealth seems like the only reason we'd choose this as Assassination.

23 hours ago, rosh said:

Ok, but if vanish just came off CD, and your primary target still has a 12 second garrote debuff, should you delay vanish?  Applying garrote when stealthed or within 3 seconds of coming off stealth seems like the only reason we'd choose this as Assassination.

Yeah I'd delay it, or look for other targets who will live long enough. The damage buff from using Vanish isn't the same as it used to be so it isn't as crucial to use it when available anymore. 

Oh also the shoulders not working in BFA will help that a lot too lol