FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fingersniffer

BfA Warlock profession choices?

I've just started and boosted a 110 Nightborne Elf Warlock.

I'd like to know what professions actually end up being generally useful for a warlock in the end? Making money would also be nice, but is not my primary goal, maybe saving money would be, at 120?

9 hours ago, Fingersniffer said:

I'd like to know what professions actually end up being generally useful for a warlock in the end? Making money would also be nice, but is not my primary goal, maybe saving money would be, at 120?

The professions perks in BFA are not that exciting in my opinion. http://www.wowhead.com/professions-in-battle-for-azeroth (not sure how up to date this is).

Hence, in my opinion you are better taking ones that suit your play style and/or your needs.

Tailoring perhaps could be useful for you. Personally I have ruled it out as it seems by the time I actually get the raid mats I could already have better gear and the best pieces actually seem to be Bind on Pickup. Otherwise I will be focusing on stuff that gives items for raiding and/or makes money,  

7 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

The professions perks in BFA are not that exciting in my opinion. http://www.wowhead.com/professions-in-battle-for-azeroth (not sure how up to date this is).

Hence, in my opinion you are better taking ones that suit your play style and/or your needs.

Tailoring perhaps could be useful for you. Personally I have ruled it out as it seems by the time I actually get the raid mats I could already have better gear and the best pieces actually seem to be Bind on Pickup. Otherwise I will be focusing on stuff that gives items for raiding and/or makes money,  

I have a tailor already that I would just finish leveling up, I was thinking maybe Enchanting, Alchemy, or Inscription? Thoughts on those, either as something useful/functional or at least a steady money maker?

Alchemy always seems to be a good choice for money.  Professions are also much less RNG dependent in BFA, so you can get your flask and potion recipes pretty reliably.

15 hours ago, Fingersniffer said:

I have a tailor already that I would just finish leveling up, I was thinking maybe Enchanting, Alchemy, or Inscription? Thoughts on those, either as something useful/functional or at least a steady money maker?

All 3 are good choices in my opinion. 

For people who raid/M+ seriously scribes are the new hot thing in my opinion with scrolls, contracts, vantus runes and of course good ol' tomes.

The rest is much the same as they ever were, still very useful and good money makers (assuming you will actually get the herbs for ones that need).

My warlock is alchemy + herbalism but I am reconsidering another profession. The thing is that alchemy can make 2 trinkets which both have versatility (low stat priority), and one of them makes you heal 40% more via health potions. But warlocks have their good health stone so IMO this trinket is not really useful to our class.

In fact, any equipped crafted item will probably become obsolete as the add-on progresses and Blizzard adds more content.

I was considering engineering because of tools and mount, and mining to supply ore, or enchanting because it increases your stats no matter what you equip.

Edited by Vojtek

On 7/21/2018 at 6:45 PM, Fingersniffer said:

No profession is particularly useful, its really more a matter of making gold, or having fun.

If its about gold, then herbalism, mining and alchemy are always good bets.  Herbalism and alchemy are particularly good if your going to be making potions for yourself for raids.  Raiders need a constant supply of potions, so you can always sell those.

If its about fun, well pick whatever you want.  Tinkering has lots of interesting things you can make for yourself, and tailoring has a few items you can make for transmog, and everyone always needs bags.

- P

Edited by pahbi

I did a LOT of math a while back, and, at least a month or so ago, it was always cheaper to farm mats, sell the mats, and buy things on the AH.  This is going to be true for a while, since all the crafters have the level 3 recipes, and it costs a lot of money to level professions to get on par with them.  

Since you can't take herbalism twice, do herbalism and whatever else you want, depending on what you do.

• Like 1