FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Evincare

Charge/Intercept - Victory Rush Macro

Hi all.

Before Pre-Patch I was using a simple charge/VR macro on all of my warrior specs. Hit it once, Warrior Charges, Hit it a second time it would cast VR if in Range and available. Macro looked like this: #showtooltip Charge /cast Charge /cast Victory Rush (new lines ofc and slightly changed depending on Charge vs. Intercept and VR or impending victory). I had a similar one for pvp when hamstring was still a thing . Since Pre-Patch hit, none of those macros work anymore. Charge works, but it wouldn't cast Victory Rush even if in range and available.

I just can't figure out, why it doesn't work anymore. GCD changes shouldn't affect it, since both charge and VR were on the GCD before. If anyone could shed some light I'd gladly take it. It won't be the end of the world if I have to press that one more button but it was just convenient ?

Thx in advance.

You already solved the problem, but you are wrong in one point: Intercept/Charge was not on GCD. This is why your macros worked before patch and now don't. 

This is one really annoying point of the GCD changes. Mostly i dont care if my CD are on GCD now, but to take intercept/charge on GCD just feels so bad. But well, we will get over it ?

• Thanks 1

I see, so I was wrong on that part. I figured maybe VR was off the GCD - never occurred to me that it could've been charge ? Thanks Allseye, in that case it makes sense. Meh too bad that doesn't work anymore. 

As you - i can't care less if it's CDs. But it's so many other abilities... IP in particular - although as far as guides go, one shouldn't use that as often anymore. Oh well - re-learn prot ? TBH I really, really don't get why they changed that in the first place. I always thought it worked fine and all of the specs I tried seem to play slower now. Haven't touched Sub Rogue yet but heard it's really bad for them.

Fun Fact: Now that I have been looking it, i found out, they put Intercept on a .5 seconds GCD like wtf ^^

Yeah, my mate told me some abilites have a reduced GCD of 0.5s instead 1s. I could not really test it, so can't agree or deny ? .

IP feels a bit strange on GCD, we have to get used to it. It feels weird in situations where an enemy use a 2-2.5s cast...with 1s GCD and 1s reactiontime thats barely possible to pop an IP up. Yes, it seems we use IP less than before. I think it's due to:

• less ragegain (or if feels less ? ). Haven't really done the math if we really gain less rage than before.
  • Reduced cap of 1.3x max. IP
  • Inc. dmg just soak 50% of IP instead 80%. So IP is a bit longer up and we don't need to renew it that fast.

I adjusted my TellMeWhen-Icons in the way i just use IP on more than 70 rage. Reason: I prefer to have my rage up for shieldblock. I'll have to check if i'm getting rage capped this way or not, so i can adjust my configuration. At the moment it looks good, but i'll have to spend my rage as soon as possible if IP-Icon pops up.