FORUMS
Rother

Discord Webhook or bot

Hi, i searched and found a few post, but no yes or no. does Icy-veins have a webhook or bot for discord? thank you for your time

Hey, there is one being worked on at the moment. I passed this onto Damien, so perhaps he will reply with more information.

3 hours ago, Rother said:

Thank you guys for the response. And look forward to you guys having one. We use icy veins Alot

I'll let you know when the bot is available to the public ?

• Thanks 1

So I have added the webhook to my Discord channel but there have not been any news updates added to the channel.
Is there anything else that I need to do other than follow the link provided by Damiensigning into Discord, select my server, select the channel, and go?

Thank you

ZAKKUS

11 hours ago, Zakkus said:

So I have added the webhook to my Discord channel but there have not been any news updates added to the channel.
Is there anything else that I need to do other than follow the link provided by Damiensigning into Discord, select my server, select the channel, and go?

Thank you

ZAKKUS

Thanks for your report! I've noticed the last news I received was the blue posts roundup from August 17th. We'll look into it!

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Thanks for your report! I've noticed the last news I received was the blue posts roundup from August 17th. We'll look into it!

Update on the webhook: Icy Veins News posted to my channel successfully.
The one thing I noticed is that it did so with the URL link and not a preview link.
See the example screenshot of how IVN posted compared to WoWHead.

Discord_IcyVeins.JPG

Edited by Zakkus

On 8/24/2018 at 11:51 PM, Zakkus said:

Update on the webhook: Icy Veins News posted to my channel successfully.
The one thing I noticed is that it did so with the URL link and not a preview link.
See the example screenshot of how IVN posted compared to WoWHead.

Discord_IcyVeins.JPG

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

I originally decided to use the default Discord preview functionality, but this seems both lacking and not always display anything. I have now changed it to create our own preview, which will look a lot more like you're used to from Wowhead.

Please let us know if you got any additional feedback!

Dutchmagoz

On 8/26/2018 at 4:32 AM, Dutchmagoz said:

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

I originally decided to use the default Discord preview functionality, but this seems both lacking and not always display anything. I have now changed it to create our own preview, which will look a lot more like you're used to from Wowhead.

Please let us know if you got any additional feedback!

Dutchmagoz

AWESOME!  Just check out the our BFA news channel and the Icy Veins News posted beautifully!  
Discord_IcyVeins.thumb.JPG.8991b4bc16e90f4201110af1aa3a90c8.JPG