FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gabrieloceano

Help with a mage!!

Hello guys!

Im a RL and our core's mage believes he's not getting all DPS he could deliver.... I dont understand much about mages so I hope u guys can help us =)

We ran a LFR together and here is the fight log

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q8i7r17hau8tsmg9/details/11/

And here is his armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/goldrinn/Golrhadyr/simple

Where can we work to improve his DPS, if even needed?

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!

Arkana @ Goldrinn

His Invocation buff (Invokers Energy) and Living Bomb uptime are both fairly low...both hovering around 84%.  Those should both be 95%+ on every fight. Especially his invokers energy buff...that is crucial.   If he can tighten those up he should see an increase in some damage.  It almost always seem to come back to uptime on dots and the tier 6 talent.  If he does't use an add-on like weak auras or something like it to notify him about his tier 6 buff, he should.

Best of luck.

First thing I see is his hit rating. He's at 13.08% hit rating, he needs to be at 15%. Have him run his toon through askmrrobot, or another reforge tool. Looking at his logs, his Living Bomb uptime is a bit low, at 82.8%. That should be around 95%+. His Invoker's Energy uptime (the buff from his lvl 90 talent, Invocation), is too low. It was at 84.7%, that should be over 95%, easily. Additionally, I see he only used one int potion, should be using 2 every fight by prepotting before pull, and then using another when he lines up his cds. I'm sure there's something I've missed that one of our more experienced log readers will find, but everything I pointed out will definitely help.

Hello guys!

Thank you for the fast answers!!

I am still new on WoL so I cant find where you guys found those % of uptime of those spells...

I could only find Living bomb 13,3% (on dmg done tab) and invoker's energy 15,8% (on buffs gained)... I am looking at the wrong place? or those %s are the downtime from those spells?

Thank you again!!

Armory:

If he is thinking about serious raiding, he might want to switch his professions. Alchemy is fine. But herbalism for raiding is bad. Engineering would be the most ideal.

He is ~2% under hit cap. You can also see the miss numbers in the logs.

Log:

Living bomb, Invoker's energy uptime should be higher.

He was using slowfall on Malkorok. I can understand this, but. If he uses blink, he will immediately get down to the ground losing 1 sec uptime, instead of 4-5 due to falling.

He had 42 procs of Brain Freeze, but only used 29 frostfire bolts.

He had 24 procs of Fingers of Frost, but had 31 casts of Ice lances which I assume, is because he was castin ice lances while moving. He should rather blazing speed/blink to a safe position and keep on performing the rotation.

Is he snapshotting? (refreshing bombs, when an intellect trinket/enchant etc procs)

He cancelled his 1st alter time after 1 second, wasting 5 seconds up trinket uptimes.

To your question with the log, you first have to select which boss you want to have a look at. 13% was the uptime of the bombs of the total log. :)

Haste from herbalism isn't that bad. Not ideal, of course... but I'm a Night Elf w/enchanting & alchemy and I do just fine.

His stats are good, I approve of his haste breakpoint and I think he should keep it where it is but move on to mastery for anything above 14242. He could go down to 12684 if he doesn't fix his tendency to miss brain freezes.

Just from misses alone he's lost about 12 million damage over the course of the fight, would have had an additional 10 mill if his LB uptime was 95%+, and add 15% dmg on top of that for his slow invocation.

I looked at a couple quick buff gains vs. LB casts and I see he isn't snapshotting. I recommend getting Affdots and tellmewhen or weakauras to see when buffs are up. Example, if he has Living Bomb with 3-6 sec left, and Toxic Power procs, giving him bonus intellect, he should refresh his LB, which "snapshots" a much higher damage value.

Good snapshotting boosts your damage in a serious way.

• Like 1

Thank you u all for the answers!

I told him what you all told me (he doesnt speak english) and his DPS on Garrosh went from 130k to more than 170k!

Thanks again!

• Like 1