FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch: Leveling Update

37181-battle-for-azeroth-beta-class-feed

Here's an update from Blizzard regarding leveling issues In Patch 8.0.1. Blizzard told us they've made a large number of hotfixes since the pre-patch to address various issues including mobs hitting too hard or having disproportionately high health pools and they're continuously working to squash all bugs.

The Battle for Azeroth launch was all but smooth and Game Director Ion Hazzikostas apologized for it in the latest Live Developer Q&A. The overall squish to numbers and item levels caused problems with mob scaling in the open world and dungeons, but it was never intended to increase the leveling difficulty. If you stumble upon a mob that was previously easy to kill on live servers, it's most likely a bug. Don't forget to submit a bug report!

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Just an update here, we've made a large number of hotfixes and changes to leveling the content since the Pre-Patch to address issues such as; adjusting mobs that were too hitting hard, some mob HP being disproportionately high, bosses having lethal abilities that weren't lethal before etc. both in, and out, of dungeons.

If you notice that a particular mob takes a long time to kill, or has an ability that seems to hit a lot harder than before (this is for both open world, and within dungeons), please do continue to make bug reports about it. Being as specific as possible with the report, including information such as the name of the mob, what felt off, any high impact abilities, as well as what class and spec you're playing, will really help pin-point further pain-points so that we can fix them.

Likewise if there are any dungeons you feel take too long or don't award EXP proportionate to the length, please do continue to submit these reports as well.

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to submit reports so far. We're continuing to squash bugs and make adjustments as the reports come in, the intention isn't for leveling to be slower than it was in 7.3.5.

Wow! thanks for an overdue post that doesn't actually address many of the issues. There is STILL no word about the dungeon completion bonuses. I've spent half my time attempting to level and the other half sending in bug reports. even Game Masters have brushed me off. Just admit it's broken. That's all we are asking! I don't care if it didn't get fixed for a week or so at least admit there is a problem! This has still not been addressed or even commented on!

It was explicitly said in the Q&A last week that it's not intended for leveling to take longer, or be any more difficult, than it was in 7.3.5. If a mob took around X seconds to kill in 7.3.5, it should still take around X seconds to kill in 8.0.1. If it doesn't, we will fix it - this is an ongoing process.

I also mentioned earlier in this thread that the inconsistency on the Random Dungeon queue reward was a display issue - you should receive the same bonus each time when doing a random dungeon. We're continuing to forward on the reports about inconsistencies with the end of dungeon completion bonus.

Yes, you're right, I do realise it's frustrating to be told "make a bug report" - but from my own play experience recently there's definitely mobs out there that are in worse places than others in terms of time-to-kill and damage output. Specific details about the mobs that feel much worse than others allow us to get to those, and alleviate those pain-points more quickly. However, this doesn't mean that the rest of the world won't be looked at.

Again, the intent is not for leveling to be slower or harder than it was in 7.3.5. When all is said and done it should feel similar to what it was in 7.3.5 and it's something there are people working toward every single day.

This is the damn issue you guys have! People are having issues and reporting COMPLETION XP not RANDOM DUNGEON XP as it is MISSING! I even wrote in my post quite clearly COMPLETION XP yet you are quoting a completely different source of XP to me >.< I have done bug reports, spoken to 2 Game Masters and here on the forums and all your officials are showing is they have NO IDEA WTF THE PLAYER BASE IS TALKING ABOUT! 

That is why me and others are getting annoyed. You buffed random dungeon XP, when people are complaining about the completion XP that Ion himself in the Q&A said that "Oh it's rolled into the boss XP". NO IT ISN'T AND NO IT ISN'T A DISPLAY BUG!

At the end of the very paragraph you only quoted the opening part from, I said: 

We're continuing to forward on the reports about inconsistencies with the end of dungeon completion bonus.

To clarify that a bit more, I mean inconsistencies between what you get now, and what you got in 7.3.5.

• Like 1

They still did not answer the completion XP question, consistently eluding the question!
all the guy probably wanted is to powerlvl his toons with a 110 character.

I don't get why people are so upset and cant wait a single minute for Blizzard to fix stuff, try playing PUBG then you will be very pleased with any other companies work :)) They know its f**ked up at this stage and they do everything to solve it ASAP. 

P.S. I quested in Outlands from 58-81 had 0 issues in 8.0.1 except the part where I couldn't solo The Ring of Blood, mobs are tough :)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mkamaru said:

They still did not answer the completion XP question, consistently eluding the question!

What do you mean the completion XP ? If you mean about dungeons, i leveled my monk from 108 to 110 a few days ago and got my level in maybe 5/6 dungeons, just like before.

Edited by Baguettson
  • Like 3

WoW has got to have the worst possible specimens of the human race as vocal subscribers.

Whine whine whine and arm chair dev and they couldn't rename a file more likely than not.

It's starting to grate on me.

• Like 4

It's weird how people just refuse to understand. The underlying issue was clearly stated in the QnA: because of the size of WoW, they decided to make the squishing process automated. The downside is that errors are bound to happen, like we saw (and still see) with some mobs, rewards, quests etc.

Now think about how many people did leveling content on the PTR... ofc things are gonna be f**ked on live. But they have apologized, and they are actively working on it. Every bug I had encountered and reported so far has been fixed witin a day (granted it was mostly stuff like mob health or broken quests, stuff that is easy to fix). Yet people act as if Blizz immediatly turns into the worst company ever because the GM didn't fix your problem in less than 30sec...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/25/2018 at 1:16 PM, Mkamaru said:

Probably... they rolled out the "Completion XP bonus" to the last boss... BUT, if you are in a party with a character that had an bigger lvl, add will not give you the same xp, that means that they fuck over all those ppl that were leveling with an max lvl toon...

And they did it was in a clever way acctually...

They say that were a bug where just a 1/5 of the XP was given to each character, so probably that was the problem... (not shur what will happen if you are been carried)

Edited by Demenzel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demenzel said:

that means that they fuck over all those ppl that were leveling with an max lvl toon...

I dont see how waltzing through a dungeon with a 110 should award the same xp to begin with vs a equi-level group.

AFAIC this is a non-issue that people are blowing up.  IF** that is the reason.  If its' legit not giving enough xp vs the time involved in a 'normal' group, then its a bug - or an issue for the suggestion box.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 2

Our guild did notice that leveling in open-world seemed to be slower and taking longer. We were all wondering why it was slowed down. Was this a nerf or something we missed in the patch notes?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ravenwolf36 said:

Was this a nerf or something we missed in the patch notes?

It's a result of the scaling, and it's not intended. Although I have to say, I'm currently leveling a warrior without any heirlooms, and it's just as fast/slow as it always was. I think they nerfed heirlooms slightly so it might take you longer to kill mobs?

• Like 1