FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Heroic Garrosh

I know three or four of us that hang out here have downed him, I'm starting pulls tonight and was wondering what I should know. I've watched 7 videos and read a few strats, seems like a fairly easy fight. But it can't be THAT easy if people get stuck on him for so long....can it?

The guild I'm in right now runs two warlocks, the other warlock has the job of killing the Eng in p1. He was having a lot of issues getting it done and I don't really understand why. 

Other than that most of our deaths were to tanks dropping like rocks or DPS getting munched by adds. Overall we need more deeps to speed things up, especially the heart phase. We were 4-8 fury behind every  time we made it in to the heart.

Not sure if applicable since iirc you run 10 man.

It's really not that hard a fight, it's extremely scripted with very little rng. Just a numbers check in a few places and then people need to learn the fight and not make mistakes. I find paragons way harder these days.

In general I've seen a few guilds try to push him too hard in p1. It's useless, just take your time really. The only important part comes when he heals, then you want to get him as low as possible before the transition. For us this means stopping dps completely on garrosh since we can't 2 cycle him yet.

We have 3 people on engineer; 2 locks and a rogue or 2 rogues and a lock depending on who's available. The biggest issue for us is getting there without grabbing the adds or the wolf rider. Gateways are your friend. Obviously the engineer is the only thing important so save conflags for them. Can write what we do in more detail if it helps someone, but need to be off to bed soonish.

I glyph havoc mostly for the 1st transition and save cds, conflags etc for it also. Stun the adds when 1st starts casting if you're assigned to it (you should imo) and then nuke them down. Plenty of nice chances for sbs there. For the buff it's enough to be close to it when it's popped, no need to actually pop it or get inside yourself.

For 2nd phase we have our locks + hunters out for weapons and stack otherwise. Nothing major here, just dot etc the weapons to slowly get them down to sb range and then nuke with havoc. No rush to get the weapons completely down though, we usually have 2/3 up in the end.

2nd intermission just remember to keep pet passive. I found out that I'll aggro the mobs even with rof so now I make sure I have at least 1 ember so I can start aoe when we get to the upper platform and they're gripped together. Again worth it to save 1 conflag imo, the 2nd doesn't matter since the run takes long enough for it to refresh. Depends on your tanks you might be able to get embers during run also, but ours seem to be busy enough without us making their lives harder as it is. Here it seems hard for people to get only 1 buff so I usually don't bother even trying to get one and trust healers (+sac pact) to survive annihilates. Ember tap obviously helps if it gets dire.

P3 is really extremely similar to p2 except for moving as a group during whirls. We have a monk tank grabbing the adds, but not sure how it's done in 10 man. P4 imo is all about handling malice and teaching your tank how to handle wrecking ball. For that it's ok to hit boss after he starts to cast, no need to wait till he's channeling. Just remember that the wrecking ball hitting boss also hits the raid and is an interrupt and you should be fine yourself.

Feel free to ask if I missed something and others feel free to pipe in also. Sorry for missing this, hadn't checked forums today until now.

Other than that most of our deaths were to tanks dropping like rocks or DPS getting munched by adds. Overall we need more deeps to speed things up, especially the heart phase. We were 4-8 fury behind every  time we made it in to the heart.

We stun the adds after garrosh does his shout and they get the buff. Dps (and healers) getting munched is just a matter of positioning, just take a step or 2 away from boss. Transitions are really just a matter of getting to know them and getting more efficient.

Essentially yes. The amount of rng in the fight is so minimal (or can be made so by the raids movement) that it's all just about learning what to do in each situation.