FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tykken

AOC, should I go Combat or stay Assasination?

Since Ive got the warforged version of AOC from Normal, I was wondering if I should

change my spec and go combat instead, as soon as I get a decent combat weapon. 

My ilvl is about 553. 

Here is a link to my char, and the rest of my gear: 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/frostwhisper/tykken

I know choosing specs can be a matter of preference, but someone told me that 

Combat was superior on single target aswell with the trinket. 

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies. smile.png

TO be honest I have found that for trash, Protectors, Galakras, shamans (depending on strat) and spoils all are great combat encounters.  But most everything else you can stay assasination and pull big numbers.  Even in those above said encounters you can pull pretty good dps as assasination. 

Emerseus, sha, norushen, Malkorak, Nazgrim, Thok, Seige, and Garrosh I would stay assasination.  (I say garrosh cause I value the ingle target damage on the last 10% then I do add damage.)

In the end all three specs are very much viable and and do close to the same damage unless its a cleave situation.

But If you are tired or assasinationo want to try something new go for it and enjoy.

I would go combat lots of fights in SoO have lots of add mechanics most guilds find combat better because they have very good ability to get adds down quicker than assassination

Also as combat if you have the 600 cloak + cleave trinket and blade flurry it increases your dps by tonnes in fights where the adds are stacked

• Like 1

once you get to the point of getting higher gear go combat. damage difference is just so close its stupid at a 562 IL in combat i can sit around say 280-300k single target. added benefit of combat is add capabilities which is very nice. also the cleave trink sucks dont use it.

Looking at the highest geared rogues on more populated realms than Magtheridon (my realm) only about 20-25 (out of the top 100) are assassination, compared to 49 on Magtheridon.

As mentioned, higher gear is better for combat, and it does seem the preference among a lot of raiders. It doesn't have as demanding a rotation as subtlety, and it excels on heavy cleave/multi-target fights, which is a lot of SoO.

Personally, I like the slow pace of assassination, and I wasn't keen on combat at all the one time I tried it, so I don't plan on switching, despite having the AoC trinket (HC warforged) and a HC fist weapon (I'm the only one in the raid who could use it, so I have it collecting dust in my bank).

Like you said, it's personal preference.

Also, shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com is better for rogues than AskMrRobot.