FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Indiladhar

Gold making: Beginner professions

I’ve played wow from vanilla through WOTLK, left and am coming back after 8 years. A lot has obviously changed so I’m asking whether farming professions such as mining and skinning (or others) are still a realistic way to make money at the start. 

Obviously, most of the current armor and weapons will use the more recent materials, and I don’t see a huge demand for the likes of light leather and iron ore. What would be a recommendation for gold making for a beginner from lvl 1 onwards. I’m clearly in no rush to get to the level cap and wants to enjoy questing, but also understand increased gold would be beneficial! Any help is welcome!

Hi Indiladhar and welcome back

To be honest, i can't give you a really good advice in gold making. My source has been the classhallmissions during Legion and a bit juwelery with mining. I don't know exactly what's gonna be a good source in BFA but i think gathering herbs for flasks and ore for juwelery could be a way.

I usually don't need alot of gold, so i never spend much time in it. I hope there are other members to give you a better advice ?

Mining definitely works to give you a little bit of gold for your low level commodities like bags and stuff. You're not gonna sell copper ore for thousands obviously but if you're happy with a few gold coins per stack, it's a good starting point. People will always be lazy and rather just spent a couple dozen G on a stack of old ore instead of having to farm it themselves, and there usually isn't a huge supply of them, so not much competition.

I wouldn't bother with crafting professions until end game.

Edited by jinsu2301
your =/= you're =/= Yor, the Hunter from the Future

I dont even bother using professions any more to make gold.  I feel like the glory days of opening my mailbox each morning to 30-50k from JC/Enchanting are long gone.  This is mostly due to Blizzard ruining professions slowly with each expansion.  I mean why did they have to nerf JC and Enchanting by removing the number of sockets you had and the number of items you can enchant?  Running old raids for mounts will get you plenty of battle pets and vendor epics.  Doing it on 3-4 characters adds up very fast.  Eventually you reach a point where gold just doesnt serve a purpose just by playing normally.  By normally I mean doing WQs, running old raids each week for mounts, and doing class hall missions.