FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jmarsh56

Question about weapon choice for Outlaw

Historically Combat rogues used a slow MH and a quick OH to proc.... Something more often. It has been like 10 years since I played rogue (back in TBC) but I am coming back for BfA. Will that still hold true with the loss of the artifact? Or will it just be dual wield swords/fists/maces whatever is best?

• Like 1

It was normally to proc the energy refund, but AFAIK this was normalised to the attack speed of the rogue, rather than still being only dependent on speed of weapon.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 3:06 AM, Jmarsh56 said:

Historically Combat rogues used a slow MH and a quick OH to proc.... Something more often. It has been like 10 years since I played rogue (back in TBC) but I am coming back for BfA. Will that still hold true with the loss of the artifact? Or will it just be dual wield swords/fists/maces whatever is best?

Blainie is correct, it was normalised a while ago.

Slow/Slow is optimal, due to Main Gauche procs. Basically no daggers anymore since the rest of the weapons have the same speed.

Alrighty, good to hear. I hadn't played rogue in SO long that I hadn't even been keeping up with any of the changes and when I picked it back up I was looking through all the skills and I remembered that being a thing but couldn't remember how it worked.

Thanks!

I just tested Main Gauche damage with four different weapons: level 29 vendor white dagger, level 30 vendor white fist, 325 fist, and a 330 dagger and was getting the exact same Main Gauche damage numbers between all four weapons. So weapon damage and speed are having no effect on MG, only mastery increases it.

Combat Potency was also giving the same energy gains between all four weapons.

With the tooltips stating a flat proc rate for either of these abilities, it doesn't seem like their chance of happening is affected by weapon type. (And would seem to point to a fast offhand being better, giving more Combat Potency procs from auto-attacks over a set time frame.) If that's true, the only PvE ability we have that would benefit from a slow offhand would be Killing Spree.

So what part is supposed to be getting normalized between fast and slow offhand weapons for Main Gauche and Combat Potency? It's not the damage for MG, and not the energy gain for CP.

Edited by lemmingatk

On 9/6/2018 at 6:03 PM, Mariliza said:

Hi one question.. in BiS weapon tell for us we neem mace ( Soulcharmer's Bludgeon ) but i see sword or axe's have better dmg as weapons so what is the best?

The BiS weapon is assuming that all your weapons are equal item level. You should always use the weapon with the highest item level, regardless of the stats that are on it. 

Since you can get that mace from a Mythic + at 355 ilevel or higher, it can still be the theoretical best in slot piece