FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Altz UI for Battle for Azeroth

5T7EAXl.png

Altz UI is a lightweight user interface that has been recently updated for Battle for Azeroth. If you're a fan of minimalistic and elegant user interfaces for WoW, Altz UI may be well worth a try!

Many of you keep asking which interface we use in our Youtube videos, so I decided to give you a short rundown of AltzUI.

Perks

• Lightweight & minimalistic design - The extracted interface has ~18 MB and doesn't cover up your screen with unnecessary black bars.
  • One-click install - The in-game setup will guide you through the installation process.
  • Easy customization - The in-game config has many categories to help you quickly go through all settings.

Screenshots

pvw65602.jpgpvw65603.jpgpvw65604.jpgpvw65645.jpgpvw65644.jpgpvw65605.jpgpvw65606.jpg6A1NF5d.jpg

Before Installing

• Don't forget to back up or create a copy of your previous Interface folder. Renaming the folder to something like "Interface.Old" works too and saves a lot of hassle if you decide to switch back.

How to Install Altz UI:

• Download Altz UI.
  • Locate your WoW Installation folder.
    • Example: D:\Games\World of Warcraft\
  • Extract the contents of the ZIP archive to your WoW/Interface folder. The extracted ZIP archive contains two folders: AddOns & Buttons.
    • Example: D:\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface
  • Log in to the game, make sure to check that you're Addons are enabled, and follow the instructions to begin the setup process.
  • If you've got any questions about the UI, feel free to submit them here.

Complementary Addons

Here's a list of addons that should be installed along with Altz UI for raiding/dungeons:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dread13 said:

Could you please provide an screenshot of how the interface look like in a Raid, group or BG? Thanks ? It looks neat!

Didn't manage to form a group, but this is how the UI looks in combat. I didn't bother placing the pet bar above my action bars either, sorry about that ?.

NwIljah.jpg

Whoa, looks pretty good. Very simplistic. Me gusta

Up until now i always just adjusted my skillbars via Bartender, and always wanted to stick to the standart UI besides the skillbars, because i never want to go through the big difference of User Experience, when addons work and when they dont (or need to be updated or so).

But this here, i will definitely check it out. Thanks for sharing!

And one question: Why exactly did you note that this ui pairs well with recount and/or skada? What exactly is the benefit? (i am asking because at the beginning of legion, i switched from recount to another damagemeter addon.)

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Didn't manage to form a group, but this is how the UI looks in combat.

NwIljah.jpg

I think I'll give it a chance, thanks ?

4 minutes ago, Lawrenz said:

Up until now i always just adjusted my skillbars via Bartender, and always wanted to stick to the standart UI besides the skillbars, because i never want to go through the big difference of User Experience, when addons work and when they dont (or need to be updated or so).

And one question: Why exactly did you note that this ui pairs well with recount and/or skada? What exactly is the benefit? (i am asking because at the beginning of legion, i switched from recount to another damagemeter addon.)

Just as a heads up, people are reporting fps drops in raids currently with AltzUI. He's looking into it.

Edit: Does it have aura bars (ala ElvUI)?

Edited by Weltenfeind

58 minutes ago, Lawrenz said:

I rephrased that part of the article, it's more like a list of mandatory addons for raiding/dungeons in general that should be installed alongside Altz UI if you decide to give it a go.

55 minutes ago, Weltenfeind said:

Just as a heads up, people are reporting fps drops in raids currently with AltzUI. He's looking into it.

Using version 8.03 with no fps drops right now.

56 minutes ago, Dread13 said:

I think I'll give it a chance, thanks ?

Actually, we used the UI in Legion videos, so here's how it looks in raids!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PatrickHenry said:

Is there a big reason you use this vs ElvUI?

It's mostly a matter of personal preference; ElvUI had a backdoor back in 2014. I'm sure they removed it by now, but I haven't bothered with it after that. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with ElvUI right now and my reply should not deter anyone from using it. ?

Back then, I tried dozens of UI compilations, but didn't really like any of them. The goal was plain and simple; to find a UI that would not look like this and cover the screen with unnecessary bloat, or what's worse, lead to FPS drops. Then I found Altz UI and started using it in our videos. We had a bunch of comments of people asking what UI that was, so this article aims to explain just that ?.

• Like 1

I'm having issues with this UI currently, i download and extract the files. But when i enter in game to set up the mod UI nothing happens. No pop up or anything, i am extracting the files as a whole into the addons folder directly, should i not? Instructions on how to install this properly are fairly bare bones so i have no clue if what i am doing is currently wrong or not. 

Edited by balbaruk

38 minutes ago, balbaruk said:

I'm having issues with this UI currently, i download and extract the files. But when i enter in game to set up the mod UI nothing happens. No pop up or anything, i am extracting the files as a whole into the addons folder directly, should i not? Instructions on how to install this properly are fairly bare bones so i have no clue if what i am doing is currently wrong or not. 

Thanks for your feedback. I updated the instructions to make the process more clear.

The ZIP archive contains the Interface folder which has two other subfolders named Addons & Buttons.

Extract both folders to your WoWDir/Interface folder. Your Addons folder should contain the following:

• !ClassColors
  • AltzUI
  • AltzUIConfig
  • AuroraClassic
  • oGlow

Make sure to check if you're addons are enabled and tick the "Load outdated addons" box in game.

@Stan In the video, sometimes one of the raid health frames gets filled up with a light overlay - it looks like that person is casting or something?  But it's definitely not showing every player's casts, because it's pretty infrequent.  What's going on there?

Exact examples: the top left person (Scab?) at 0:39 and 0:52, and someone who's name might be Kiri at 1:20, and then the bottom right person at 1:40ish.

Great UI!

But i have frame issues when im in bgs/raids. Without UI my game runns perfect.

Do you have a solution for this?

WoWScrnShot_080118_200927.jpg

Edited by Pastete
found something new

3 hours ago, Foxie12 said:

Can you please not recomment recount? Skada or details ? 

Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't used Recount for a loooong time and didn't know about Details. I personally prefer Skada ?.

2 hours ago, thurk said:

@Stan In the video, sometimes one of the raid health frames gets filled up with a light overlay - it looks like that person is casting or something?  But it's definitely not showing every player's casts, because it's pretty infrequent.  What's going on there?

Exact examples: the top left person (Scab?) at 0:39 and 0:52, and someone who's name might be Kiri at 1:20, and then the bottom right person at 1:40ish.

The light overlay has nothing to do with casting. It appears for a brief moment when you select a target ?.

1 hour ago, Pastete said:

Great UI!

But i have frame issues when im in bgs/raids. Without UI my game runns perfect.

Do you have a solution for this?

WoWScrnShot_080118_200927.jpg

Some users are currently experiencing FPS drops with the latest version (8.04). They're working on a fix. I'm currently using version 8.03 with no issues whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

Have tried both ElvUI and AltzUI, awesome awesome UIs, but...the one I have used for years and keep finding myself going back to for its "cleanliness" and layout is one called SyncUI. Here you can see a pic while casting without the added sidebar, then just one with the added sidebar which is scroll-able through I believe 4 times. The top row of the spell bars can be hidden as well, as can the chat window and the aforementioned sidebar. Love the Data info buttons at the bottom as well, which you CAN have up to 4 per side depending on Resolution, mine is crap so can only fit 3 per side. Also when in raid, you can change from Regular mode or heal Mode.

3bpjM1m.jpgKv4AHl4.jpg

• Thanks 1

I am sorry if this is already posted, didn't see anything.. downloaded this and so far really like it.. as a new wow player i am constantly changing my UI and it's annoying.. I see the recommended addons but can i put in more addons? 

*edit after my question answered - 

this UI is very cool! easiest to configure and i really like the little things like the "arrow" over the target. knock on wood when doing a dungeon i saw no lag in FPS. really like this, curious to how it works when i change toon.

Edited by tragik78
added info after question answered and addon's added.

1 hour ago, tragik78 said:

I am sorry if this is already posted, didn't see anything.. downloaded this and so far really like it.. as a new wow player i am constantly changing my UI and it's annoying.. I see the recommended addons but can i put in more addons? 

yes you can, just make sure they are updated for new version of WoW which is 8.01 I believe

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Stan said:

Actually, we used the UI in Legion videos, so here's how it looks in raids!

This look neat man, I'll definetely give it a try. And I didn't know of the backdoor issue with ElvUi, what a nasty issue they had there... I hope they won't do anything like that ever, but I guess the doubt will always be there.

I downloaded today's update 8.0.5 and went to Nighthold Mythic (actually got the mount too). Anyway, I didn't have any FPS problems as with the previous versions, so it should be fine now.

Can I use this addon with other addons or will they interfere?

Can move screen item and resize them easily?

Is the only way to use this addon is by d/l and installing it myself will this be avail through twitch aanytime soon for install?

Are there a lot of bug in the addon right now and maybe be better to install this addon after BFA releases for more bugs to be fixed?

quick question, how can i make the "whispers" chirp again? can it be done or am i missing a setting.. People whisper me and i don't know it. thanks and amazing UIl.