FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tingdere

Looking for quirky off spec DPS possibilities.

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knows of any healing or tanking specs that can be twisted/speced in such a way that could result in them being able to pull decent (not top) DPS numbers. A couple examples would be: in WoD there was a Prot War. spec that used the Gladiator talent, and more so, a DPS holy priest from MoP that took advantage of free hit rating of smite (if I recall correctly).

I enjoy these kinds of specs, but blizzard keeps 'fixing' them.

In addition, I doubt it but any other specs that you can force into other roles, like a tanking or healing on a 'DPS' spec?

Edited by Tingdere

I think the closest you can get to a hybrid nowadays is a guardian/resto druid with feral affinity, but it's not comparable to a DPS spec. Still pretty useful in M+ and for some raidbosses.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:12 PM, jinsu2301 said:

I think the closest you can get to a hybrid nowadays is a guardian/resto druid with feral affinity, but it's not comparable to a DPS spec. Still pretty useful in M+ and for some raidbosses.

It's just a small increase during downtime - like you said, it's nowhere near as good as a normal DPS spec. Bearcatting or catweaving, whatever it's called.

• Confused 1

A lot of tank specs can pull competitive dps numbers in heavy aoe situations. And you can certainly always have fun with trying to be a 99th percentile tank dps, or healer dps, but currently most tanks are sitting at just under half of the dps of the average dps class. The most likely tank to have a chance at beating a few dps if you're really good and your raid's dps are really low would probably be a prot warrior still.

I think playing 'healer' dps could be a possibility if, rather than trying to compete with other healers, you try to do dps, while also tossing out as many off heals as possible. A moonkin that hots everyone in between dps'ing seems like it could be a viable option, throw in an off healing ret pally that hits people with big heals when needed, and the combination could possibly make up for 1 full healer.

• Like 1