FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Clawcity

Are Creatures Generated By Items Pets?

This question seems to get asked a lot, but not really answered. Are the creatures generated by items considered pets? Will they receive bonuses from items such as Tasker & Theo or Enforcer?

A friend is considering building a character packed with as many creature generating items as possible, simply for the amusement value of having a menagerie of random creatures following them around. It got us to wondering whether any of these bonuses would do anything.

Examples of the items in question would be Genzaniku, Skycutter, The Gidbinn, Bovine Bardiche, Maximus, Corrupted Ashbringer, Golden Gorget of Leoric, Haunt of Vaxo, Nagelring, The Grin Reaper, Visage of Giyua & Belt of Transcendence.

• Like 1

I'd also love to know the specifics too. Just necro and WD? Or also the DH companions, maybe even the Monk MA? The swords that summon allies as well, followers even? My buddy has a mean WD with a giant spider friend as well, that should be a pet for sure no?
He has the short mans finger, to turn his gargantuant into 3 gargantuants with 500% damage. Which is incredible as is, just couldn't help but wonder when he finds the 45% attack speed and other bonuses for pets whether it will include his fantastic giant spider he recently got for having 2 pieces of a set. Or just normal pets, his dogs and gargs. I thought I read pets are just Necro and WD somewhere some time, and imagine the spider isn't included if I had to guess. But it would be cool for someone to clear this all up for us. 

On 10/26/2018 at 1:15 AM, Knutsanity said:

I'd also love to know the specifics too. Just necro and WD? Or also the DH companions, maybe even the Monk MA? The swords that summon allies as well, followers even? My buddy has a mean WD with a giant spider friend as well, that should be a pet for sure no?
He has the short mans finger, to turn his gargantuant into 3 gargantuants with 500% damage. Which is incredible as is, just couldn't help but wonder when he finds the 45% attack speed and other bonuses for pets whether it will include his fantastic giant spider he recently got for having 2 pieces of a set. Or just normal pets, his dogs and gargs. I thought I read pets are just Necro and WD somewhere some time, and imagine the spider isn't included if I had to guess. But it would be cool for someone to clear this all up for us. 

Allies summoned by Abilites are pets if Blizz is consistent enough. The following are the ones i clearly know of:
Mystic Ally,Companion,Sentry,Call of The Ancients, Gargantuan, Zombie Dogs, Fetish Army, Phalanx, Familiar, All Necro Pet summons.

• Thanks 1