FORUMS
knight85

Knight85's home for probably stupid questions

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34787

TL;DR:

If transfering from one Battle.net account to another, only character-specific achievements will transfer, and thus any mounts, pets, heirlooms or toys unlocked by those achievements. Everything else is Battle.net-accountbound, and will be lost (you can keep heirlooms if you have them in your bag before the transfer).

If transfering between WoW accounts on the same B.net account, you should keep everything b.net-bound.

9 hours ago, knight85 said:

got it thanks.

it's just for an idea i had for getting a recruit a friend mount on my own. something i'll look into later

as a little adendum, you can recruit yourself on a second WoW account on a single B.net account. whether it's worth throwing that much money at blizz is your decision...

yeah i know. i just havent decided yet whether or not to do it.

the way i was looking at it was that less the cost of the character transfer between accounts. the 3 months subscription isnt much more than i've paid for mounts on the blizzard store

I'm a bit confused, where did you read you can transfer a character from one to another account? 

Edit: Nevermind, seems thread had not been updated correctly :-). As always, jinsu already answered (and indeed my knowlege) ! 

Edited by Allseye

Afternoon Ladies and Gents

got a question. this time about the archeology profession

i spent today doing archeology on one of my characters.

now the big map of Kalimdor shows lots of archeology sites in Feralas around the diremaul dungeon area. but when i few down there. i couldnt find any locations. any ideas on whats going on?

Edited by knight85

Evening ladies and gents.

got a question regarding the legion allied races.

lets say for the sake of argument i were to sink my time into getting exalted with the broken isles factions on 1 character (i.e. an alliance shaman) and then i were to go into a 110 horde character, would i be able to do the quests for unlocking the horde allied races right away? or would i need to have the exalted reps for the horde allied race factions on the horde character?

10 hours ago, knight85 said:

lets say for the sake of argument i were to sink my time into getting exalted with the broken isles factions on 1 character (i.e. an alliance shaman) and then i were to go into a 110 horde character, would i be able to do the quests for unlocking the horde allied races right away?

Yes. You only need the Exalted achievement on your account, doesn't matter which character has it. My main (who's exalted with pretty much everything) is Horde and I was able to unlock Void Elfs and Lightforged on a fresh Alliance char.

Exception to this are of course the new races like Dark Iron and the upcoming Zandalari. Those are bound to faction-only reputations so you will have to grind out their reps on a seperate character.

On 9/15/2018 at 7:20 PM, knight85 said:

now the big map of Kalimdor shows lots of archeology sites in Feralas around the diremaul dungeon area. but when i few down there. i couldnt find any locations. any ideas on whats going on?

There should be a red area on your minimap that shows you where you can dig. If it isn't showing, make sure it's checked in the tracking options. 

Much thanks.

A friend of mine got the broken isles pathfinder achievement but we werent sure whether or not she would be able to get the horde allied races since the achievement was through an alliance character.

At least i'll be able to work on it through my horde demon hunter and then worry about the alliance allied races on my alliance shaman later

Afternoon ladies & gents.

Back with a new question about recruit a friend

I had a bit of a brainstorm today about doing a fresh death knight on a second account rather than moving a character back and forth between the accounts. Means i'm only springing for 1 character transfer..

But my question is. How does the recruit a friend thing work for me picking a mount?

Evening ladies and gents. i have a query for you about Legion Invasions on the broken isles

I just had to do the assault on the broken shore scenario in legion (the one for champions of legionfall) in order to get an kadgar to spawn in the right place on Krasus's Landing to continue the broken isles quests for the pillars of creation in Val'Shara

do you know if i will still be able to do the legion invasions in the broken isle zones?

Edited by knight85

Alrght ladies and gents I'm on a roll tonight#

a new question about recruit a friend.

I just did the recruit a friend feature with a second account.

i got an mail in game saying that my recruited account was running (or something to that effect) and i was able to summon the test character to me. so those features work, so with that part confirmed i got my 3 month sub.

my only question are.

1: when will i get the notification to pick a mount? (is it 8 days or does that not happen the end of the 3 months)

2: will the fact that i just bought the 3 months of play time instead of upgrading to BFA have an effect?

12 hours ago, knight85 said:

do you know if i will still be able to do the legion invasions in the broken isle zones?

yes.

7 hours ago, knight85 said:

1: when will i get the notification to pick a mount? (is it 8 days or does that not happen the end of the 3 months)

2: will the fact that i just bought the 3 months of play time instead of upgrading to BFA have an effect?

it should be 8 days from the billing date (not 8 days from the day you bought it). as a future advice, it's probably best to ask those super-specific questions directly to the blizz support.

Evening ladies and gents

back to annoy you with a new question. this time its about raids pre-legion

specifically. what raids pre-legion would i be able to solo with a paladin, shaman or demon hunter

i'm mainly interested in ice crown for the frost wyrm mounts for a death knight later. and it would be the raids on azeroth and outland i'd focus on. i dont have draenor flying yet (started into legion on a demon hunter)

and even at the moment my main focus is on legion to get the allied races and legion flying. i'm slowly but surely working my way thru the legion zones (almost done clearing quests, rares and chests in stormheim now. then its on to suramar)

7 hours ago, knight85 said:

what raids pre-legion would i be able to solo with a paladin, shaman or demon hunter

well, people already solo'd Argus (final boss of Legion), so I'd say anything pre-Legion should be no issue for any max level char, and in general anything that is twenty or more levels below you is doable regardless of gear.

there are some bosses that might not be soloable because of certain mechanics (not sure if you still need a priest for Blast Furnace in Mythic BFR, for example), and there definitely are achievements that require several people in the raid (the Glory achievement for ICC is one of those).

15 minutes ago, jinsu2301 said:

well, people already solo'd Argus (final boss of Legion), so I'd say anything pre-Legion should be no issue for any max level char, and in general anything that is twenty or more levels below you is doable regardless of gear.

there are some bosses that might not be soloable because of certain mechanics (not sure if you still need a priest for Blast Furnace in Mythic BFR, for example), and there definitely are achievements that require several people in the raid (the Glory achievement for ICC is one of those).

As far as i know, in every raid before Legion we get a Legacy-Buff. As jinsu2301 already said, these raids should be soloable easely. Sometimes there are mechanics, which are not doable solo (or they are quite difficult). Mostly, they will be patched out sooner or later (as far as i know, you don't need a priest anymore to do Mythic BFR). As i heard, Hellfire Assault in Hellfire Citadel is a problem at the moment, but i didn't try it myself.

yeah i figured there would be some that had mechanics. a friend of mine tried to solo ice crown on her hunter but couldnt get past the point where you have to heal the dragon.

that wont be an issue. if i was going to solo for stuff like glory to ice crown i would be doing it on a shaman or paladin.

on an unrelated note. i have a legion question.

are there any vendors in dalaran or the broken isles that sell any form of in battle healing items? cause my demon hunter is almost out of the health stones i looted on mardum

58 minutes ago, knight85 said:

a friend of mine tried to solo ice crown on her hunter but couldnt get past the point where you have to heal the dragon.

Spirit Beasts have a heal ability. You can also use bandages on Dreamwalker.

1 hour ago, knight85 said:

are there any vendors in dalaran or the broken isles that sell any form of in battle healing items?

There aren't, your only option would be healing potions made by alchemists.

7 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

Spirit Beasts have a heal ability. You can also use bandages on Dreamwalker. 

Kwbos doesnt have any experience as a healer. she's dps all the way like me. and at the time i dont think she had a spirit beast pet (plus she was just trying it out to see if she could even survive on her own

7 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

There aren't, your only option would be healing potions made by alchemists. 

that's what i wound up doing. 40, 7000hp potions for about 60 gold. but i'm making money hand over fist in legion so i can afford it

Edited by knight85

You can also skip Dreamwalker by just walking around and go strictly to sindragosa and afterwards killing lichking. Dreamwalker is not needed to "finish" the raid.

Evening ladies & gents.

I'm back with an actually relevant question for a change.

This time its about raids.

I did a bit if reading today about rep with the nightbourne to get the allied race. And i've found that as part of one of the requirements for accessing the insurection quest line. I'll need to go to the emerald nightmare raid.

Now this will be a ways off and will be the last thibg i do before i move onto bfa and with any luck my guild will be able to help me form a team for the raid.

But before i get to that stage i want to ask. What kind of preparations would a 110 demon hunter with legendaries need to make for this endeavor? At present i have my exp locked to clear the legion content before i progress.

If all else fails i'm consideribg getting as deep into the suramar quest line for when i'm at 120. But thatbis a weapon of last resort