FORUMS
knight85

Knight85's home for probably stupid questions

Ooooor you just play the game and don't think so much about this and that ? . Just do what you like, do the zone you think it's interesting. It's insane to manage all those things just to have a recipie on a specific character. You could also just play 1 char and do ALL proffession with that one. Do all the lore with that one.

But probably its not playing itself what you like - you like to think about all that stuff. Well then its ok too, do whatever brings fun ? .

17 hours ago, knight85 said:

then worry about lore achievements and storylines on my shamans, hunters and paladin

I'd agree with Allseye. Just go with whatever you're feeling like. I used to swap characters constantly and then eventually found myself playing my Mage more and more until I just stuck to it and nothing else felt "right" anymore. I would do so many different things, swapping between PvP and PvE, worrying about gearing both, making sure I had everything done etc.

Instead, I now just log on and do whatever I'm feeling like. There is a huge amount in WoW to do and if you worry about seeing everything, you'll drive yourself crazy. You'll get there eventually if you just keep going with whatever you're feeling!

yeah i probably am over thinking things. again.

the guys on gamefaqs kept telling me. just play the game.

at the minute my main goal is to have an alchemist on each faction for healing potions, flasks and elixirs in legion and bfa (mainly so i'm not relying on auctions to sustain my health in battle)

i'll work on the rest at a later date.

the main reason i'm after lore runs at some stage is to see the storylines of the zones from both perspectives. but that can wait.

i was also intending to set myself up for professions on different characters. but that can wait until i have more free time when i'm not bogged down farming polished pet charms from bfa wqs on my demon hunter and not wasting time on my warrior doing faction reps for mounts.

i'm coming to the realisation that if i keep bogging myself down with lore runs it'll take me years to get my death knights into legion.

15 hours ago, Allseye said:

But probably its not playing itself what you like - you like to think about all that stuff. Well then its ok too, do whatever brings fun ? . 

you're right there allseye. when it comes to games these days. i'm a plotter. i like to plan out everything i'm going to do in a game before hand so that i know EXACTLY what i'm going to do at a set point.

the problem is that every time i plan something in wow. a month later i get another idea and it derails me.

its been driving my INSANE. but no more. my death knights are my priority. end of story. the others can wait

5 hours ago, knight85 said:

you're right there allseye. when it comes to games these days. i'm a plotter. i like to plan out everything i'm going to do in a game before hand so that i know EXACTLY what i'm going to do at a set point.

the problem is that every time i plan something in wow. a month later i get another idea and it derails me.

its been driving my INSANE. but no more. my death knights are my priority. end of story. the others can wait

It just seems you put so much effort in planing. I'm not a psychologist, but it seems this is something you are engaged with. Perhaps as well in real life? Don't get me wrong, this is not a problem at all for me and i don't want to bother you with that ?. I can only recommend that you see things a little looser. Not everything is planable. It's absolutely ok to have a plan - to have a plan for "important" things. But sometimes you should just let things go as they go. Perhaps you can start with this in WoW first ?. Play the game, throw away all points on your "to do"-list. Log on the char you like most and just think on your next adventure. You want to experience the story - do it. Don't bother what you will miss, enjoy what you get.

Agreed.

Just play for the sake of playing and let everything else sort itself out. And do what i enjoy.

Which if i'm honest

is dungeons. I just hadnt considered the possibility of pure dungeon runs to level a character bcause i'm mired down in running from 1 end of a map to the other for quests. I was stuck in the mentality. I need to do this as i go for profession stuff. But since most of the low level profession stuff is useless. It can wait until i have some spare time

Its like with pvp.

I HATE pvp. But i need honor level 10 to unlock the legion artifact skins. But i only fo pvp during the bonus event week.

So with that in mind its time to stop breking my fingers and get on with it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys. have an actually smart question for a change.

are there any ways for a level 93 horde character to get to shadowmoon valley from their garrison in frostfire?

mainly asking because i'm considering camping a character in shadowmoon for the daily pet battle against the draenei girl (it's an easy win that nets 5700 exp for my pets, with more if i use the exp boost items)

9 hours ago, knight85 said:

are there any ways for a level 93 horde character to get to shadowmoon valley from their garrison in frostfire?

Get a waterwalking potion, go to Ashran, then run across towards Tanaan Jungle and down the coast. Get to Tanaan first, don't run south too early or you'll get zoned into the BG. Just follow the mushrooms to not run into fatigue areas. Takes three or four minutes, but it's the fastest way without flying.

Edited by jinsu2301

dead on thanks. i have a water walking mount that'll get the job done. i'll look around and find a flight path for future trips. or set a hearthstone for the area if i can. that'll let me go back and forth

i've been using that pet battle on an alliance garrison drone to boost battle pets for weeks. but i have more exp boosting items on the horde thanks to my demon hunter

lol. i'm still on my demon hunter atm. but i'm going with my plan to blitz death knights up to 90 for warlords to set up garrisons.

atm while i build up resting bonuses i'm using an alliance warrior to stock up on herbs to max out my death knights alchemy in each expac up to warlords.

i'll do the same on my blood elf demon hunter in my spare time later but my priority right now. is the alliance side.

i've also decided to leave cooking for later as well to gather up mats on characters i intend to take into the expacs pre warlords later on.

my eventuall intent is to set it up so that all my alchemy and cooking goes through 1 character in each faction.

i could potentially do the same with engineering and jewelcrafting and just get ore from my blacksmith but that would depend on how things go for gathering. i'll decide later

Hey guys.

back with another inteligent question (i think)

i've got a ship yard up in my alliance garrison, i have a full fleet of 10 ships (2 carriers, 3 submarines, 3 battleships and 3 destroyers including the murlock destroyer) and i'm using the setup below (the * mark beside then shows ships with both items equipped) i got this setup from wowhead comments but i just cant see myself needing 3 subs when i could trade one in for the awakener

Destroyer Blast Furnace + Gyroscopic Stabilizer*
Destroyer Trained Shark Tank + Felsmoke Launcher*
Destroyer Felsmoke Launcher + True Iron Rudder- Murloc* (using this one for heirloom ring missions)

Submarine Trained Shark Tank + True Iron Rudder*
Submarine Trained Shark Tank + Bilge Pump
Submarine Blast Furnace + Felsmoke Launcher

Battleship Felsmoke Launcher + Blast Furnace*
Battleship High Intensity Fog Lights + Ice Cutter*

Carrier Trained Shark Tan* + True Iron Rudder

Carrier- ghostly spyglass (this is for heirloom ring missions) + weather item (changed as mission requires it)

i'm hoping somebody could advise me if i'm on the right track or if i should change something.

Edited by knight85

Ufff, in WOD i really didn't pay that much attention to equip ships in a specific way. It was more about getting the "important" missions done. Important was what ever you need or what you like to complete, especially heading to get the legendary ring. So, from my side: equip ships how ever you like ?

Got it thx.

I was mainly asking bcause the character my shipyard is on is 1 that i'm not playing actively. So i dont have a lot of cash or garrison resources and i dont want to bankrupt myself buying caches on the auction.

I did however find another ship setup that makes sense to use and i've modified ot slightly to include the awakener. I'll see how it goes while i level the fleet

2 hours ago, knight85 said:

Can anyone tell me how i would reset an addons sttings without losing info from other addons

It's all located in the /_retail_/WTF folder. There are multiple SavedVariables folders, one of which should have the settings file for the addon you want to reset. Then simply delete that file.

On 6/13/2019 at 5:09 PM, jinsu2301 said:

It's all located in the /_retail_/WTF folder. There are multiple SavedVariables folders, one of which should have the settings file for the addon you want to reset. Then simply delete that file.

A bit off topic but i remember when i had a problem with running WoW and a gamemaster said "did you already delete your WTF-folder"? And i said "Whats wrong with you? That was a hell of work to configure all my addons!!!" ?  .

i was able to get it sorted. but i think i may have found a way to do it faster in the future. the twitch desktop program has a feature that lets you delete settings from addons.

for the most part i just wanted to clear out some settungs for toolbar configurations from consoleport so that i could have 1 toobar layout to get the buttons for my spender skills out of the way of the button that pops up for stuff like using the heart of azeroth on world quests

evening ladies and gentlemen

i've returned with a question. this time about pvp transmog sets

i'm up to me eyes in pvp sets that i want the transmogs for for my characters, at last count i need about 330-350 marks for all the sets i want and i just wanted to run something by somebody wiser than my dumb *filtered*.

i'm not sure if this will even make sense here but lets try

lets say for the sake of argument i were to use my marks of honor to by one of the pvp transmog sets that's a recolour of a raid set. like the warrior antorus set recolour from legion pvp season 5, 6 & 7. would that unlock the pvp transmog set in that listing for the other plate users (paladin and death knight) or would it just unlock that one set.

12 hours ago, knight85 said:

lets say for the sake of argument i were to use my marks of honor to by one of the pvp transmog sets that's a recolour of a raid set. like the warrior antorus set recolour from legion pvp season 5, 6 & 7. would that unlock the pvp transmog set in that listing for the other plate users (paladin and death knight) or would it just unlock that one set.

Just that one set.

dead on thanks. i took a bit of time last night and narrowed down the pvp sets that look interesting from the sets i REALLY want. and its let me cut the number of marks of honor i need down by 60%.

with ne luck i should have the marks i need by the time i hit honor level 10.

evening guys. back looking for a little information.

I'm a transmog hunter. i make no bones about that. i love making transmog combos for characters

and today while i was looking at some transmog sets i saw a reference to gear from sets i want from wrath of the lichking being sold by a vendor in dalaran.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=35497/rafael-langrom#sells:50-1-2

the thing is that this transmog set i'm after is supposed to be from the argent tournament.

so what's the deal?

17 hours ago, knight85 said:

i saw a reference to gear from sets i want from wrath of the lichking being sold by a vendor in dalaran.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=35497/rafael-langrom#sells:50-1-2

the thing is that this transmog set i'm after is supposed to be from the argent tournament.

The basic version of Tier 9 used to be purchasable with Emblems back in the day. Emblems no longer exist, so they converted the prices to Gold.

I'm not sure if the higher iLvl versions are stil optainable, but since they are visually identical, it shouldn't matter.

got it thanks. this will give me access to parts of 1 transmog set i REALLY want for my hunters ans shamans.

the horde hunter argent tournament set.