FORUMS
knight85

Knight85's home for probably stupid questions

Morning ladies and gents.

I'm back with a new question. This time about soloimg heroic dungeons.

I'm trying to do the heroic blackrock depths dungeon for cracking and breaking bones achieve

But even when i take off all their gear my 120 warriors are still doing too much damage and nearly 1 shotting the boss

So with that in mind. What kind of level range would i need on a blood death knight to survive the fight alone without 1 shotting everything?

Also. What kind of level range would i need to solo wraith of the lich king raids? I want the ulduar set for my dk

4 hours ago, knight85 said:

'm trying to do the heroic blackrock depths dungeon for cracking and breaking bones achieve

But even when i take off all their gear my 120 warriors are still doing too much damage and nearly 1 shotting the boss

So with that in mind. What kind of level range would i need on a blood death knight to survive the fight alone without 1 shotting everything?

I assume you are talking about Blackrock Caverns and not Depths.

I had no issue dealing moderate, non-lethal damage on my 120 shaman using rezz sickness. The only issue really is that sometimes the Quake can miss and you won't get enough elementals to spawn (they don't last very long), which is why some people claim that you cannot solo this achievement. I don't remember the exact mechanics when solo vs. group, but I definitely was able to do it alone on my druid in Legion.

4 hours ago, knight85 said:

What kind of level range would i need to solo wraith of the lich king raids?

Probably 100 at least. But considering that you can make your way from 100 to 110 in less than 4 hours while receiving a massive damage boost, I would level first, then farm. It will save time in the long run.

evening ladies and gentlemen. i'm back from my exile with a new and hopefully inteligent question.

this time regarding enchanting heirlooms.

somebody in my guild put the idea in my head so i started looking into it. right now i'm concerned with only 1 thing. and that is the question of what happens to an heirloom in regards to bindings when you enchant it.

i.e. say for the sake of argument i were to take the eagleton spear on a character with money (like my demon hunter) buy a top level enhancement from the auction house and use it on the spear. would i still be able to mail the spear to the hunter it was intended for?

Afternoon ladies and gentlemen

Back from exile to torture you with a new question.

Does anyone on here know where i would  be able to find a guide for legion order hall champions setups that DONT involve using meatball as the bodyguard?

I've been racking my brain for days trying to do a paladin setup to let me use arator or nerus as my bodyguard

Evening ladies and gents. got a new question for you.

this time it's about professions. cooking specifically

i have a website i use for developing professions and usually it works fine.

the only profession its no use for is cooking. mainly because it seems to rely primarily on either meat or using the auction house for getting the materials to develop the professions.

which in my mind is a little dumb.

so my question is. does anyone know where i could find a guide for leveling cooking through the expansions. that only uses fish?

On 11/27/2019 at 2:16 AM, knight85 said:

the only profession its no use for is cooking. mainly because it seems to rely primarily on either meat or using the auction house for getting the materials to develop the professions.

which in my mind is a little dumb.

meat is recommended because it is significantly faster to kill mobs for the meat than it is to fish, plus meat is more readily available on the AH than fish. the guides you find online are all about efficiency, and it's often more efficient to farm gold and buy ressources than to farm the ressources yourself.

Morning ladies and gentlemen

I'm back with what I hope is a smart question.

About azerite traits

Specifically do traits stack?

I.e if I had 3 pieces of gear on an unholy death knight with maths of the dead. Would I get 3 skeletal mages or would I just get 1 stronger 1 instead?

On 12/8/2019 at 5:38 AM, knight85 said:

do traits stack?

If a trait doesn't stack, it will usually state so in the guide, or at least show in the sim results on bloodmallet. Rule of thumb, any increase in duration or radius/range does not stack.

Do traits stack?

Yes, traits will always stack. 

Not everything a trait has to offer will stack though, traits will only stack in damage down, damage absorbs (shield), healing done and stat increase.

In some cases it's good to stack a trait, for others it's only about the unique effect, and thus not worth stacking. 

I.e if I had 3 pieces of gear on an unholy death knight with maths of the dead. Would I get 3 skeletal mages or would I just get 1 stronger 1 instead?

In Magus of the Dead's case you will still only summon one magus and only for 20 seconds, regardless of the amount of traits you have. It will, however, deal increased damage per trait. 

Hey guys.

Quick question about mythic dungeons.

I know that we're getting an item level increase in 8.3 but does that mean that the mythic keystones are going to get harder starting at the bottom?

Or will they just add more keystone levels at the top?

Just curious cause I'm taking a break from wow when my sub ends and i dont want to wind up 6 months down the line when i come back in getting masacred trying to do a + 6 and wind up feeling like i'm doing a +10 instead

On 12/20/2019 at 3:27 PM, knight85 said:

I know that we're getting an item level increase in 8.3 but does that mean that the mythic keystones are going to get harder starting at the bottom?

Or will they just add more keystone levels at the top?

Just curious cause I'm taking a break from wow when my sub ends and i dont want to wind up 6 months down the line when i come back in getting masacred trying to do a + 6 and wind up feeling like i'm doing a +10 instead

They will crank up the damage and health numbers to adjust for itemlevel increase, but with the appropriate gear it shouldn't feel any different. A Heroic Ny'alotha geared character doing a +10 in 8.3 and a Heroic TEP geared character doing a +10 in 8.2.5 should feel the same, in theory at least.

There are always enough catch-up mechanics to get back to doing +10s in no time, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Evening guys. back to bother you with a new question.

this time about core race heritage armor.

lets say for the sake of argument i have an orc shaman. and i do a race change to make him a normal tauren shaman and then level him to 120, would i be able to get the questline for getting the tauren heritage armor?

also. i read somewhere that to get the questline you had to have done the 8.2 war campaign and saved Baine in orgrimar on your account to get the questline. since i've done that on my demon hunter would i need to do it again?

afternoon ladies and gentlemen.. back after a few months of silence with a question.

atm i'm passing some time off sub doing starter zones for different races while i try to get in some practice with classes for 9.0.

and all day today the trade chat has been getting bombarded with guys selling heroic ny'lotha runs for head of the curve.

and it's tempting cause i like the dragon (just wish i had had done it at the time when ahead of the curve for antorius was up. we're severely lacking in bird mounts like that)

anyway. i'm just curious about whether or not i would need the cape from 8.3 to be able to access ny'lotha if i decided to take the run

Morning ladies and gents

I'm back with a new question about waypoints and navigation addons

I set up a waypoint macro tonight for going from 1 Pandaria Tamer to the next.

but when I run the macro. the dugiguides addon that i'm using for navigation doesnt incorporate the use of flight paths into the directions it generates

it's just showing me a straight line path from 1 tamer to the next.

any suggestions?

Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.

just on to ask a quick question about the viability of soloing Normal Legion dungeons with item lvl 66 gear (the nazjatar gear token items)

I'm mainly asking because of some of the order hall quests (like the one for killing a rare elite) and legionfall questlines, cause very few people do legion stuff anymore.

so i decided last night that for the characters that are going to be doing legion content for order halls (for mounts and artifact transmogs on the warrior, paladin, hunter and shaman) going forward i'll do enough of the order hall content to get into the order halls and get the artifacts, then just do a legion zone for a pillar of creation (for the artifact skin) then do suramar to prep for balance of power later when i'm geared better.

but that's a topic for another time.

right now i just want to know how viable it would be to run normal legion dungeons and fight the 100K health legion rares on the broken shore with item level 66 gear

i just want to make sure that when i do my race change. i'll still have my darkmoon rep. because i've already sunk a month into developing it and i'm working on my second month now.