FORUMS
knight85

Knight85's home for probably stupid questions

10 hours ago, knight85 said:

What kind of preparations would a 110 demon hunter with legendaries need to make for this endeavor?

None really if you plan on getting carried by some 120's anyway. You might wanna tackle the "Balance of Power" questline while your at it, that one requires several clear runs of both Emeral Nightmare and Nighthold.

9 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

None really if you plan on getting carried by some 120's anyway. You might wanna tackle the "Balance of Power" questline while your at it, that one requires several clear runs of both Emeral Nightmare and Nighthold.

yeah i knew about the artifact appearences.

on a related note for raids. in regards to the insurection storyline in suramar for the nightbourne. do we still need to do the nighthold raid to complete the story? or have they hotfixed that? if so since its the last stage i may leave doing that until i'm level 120 and just focus on getting the reps up and getting legion flying.

43 minutes ago, knight85 said:

do we still need to do the nighthold raid to complete the story?

No, the quest to kill Guldan is optional.

oh thank god.

i'm nowhere near ready to start legion raids yet. do you know if i'll actually have to go into the nighthold for the insurection quest? wowhead wasnt very clear on that.

my overall plan at the moment was to clear as much of suramar as i can and then hit the ground running on legion reps with world quests to get flying. and stockpile as many wakening essences as i can get my grubby little paws on to do legendaries for my characters

9 hours ago, knight85 said:

i'm nowhere near ready to start legion raids yet. do you know if i'll actually have to go into the nighthold for the insurection quest? wowhead wasnt very clear on that.

I'm quite sure you don't have to go in any raid to complete the faction-storyline. But...i do not play horde, so my experience could deviate. As far as i remember it ways the legendary-questline where you need to go into raids, but not the faction ones.

Beside that, i do still not really understand why Blizzard is gating these allied races behind old content. Yeah yeah, it's part of the story and so on. I feel really sorry you have to do this and "grind" the reputation for it. Bad decision Blizzard, bad decision. I hope they will realize it some day...

31 minutes ago, Allseye said:

Beside that, i do still not really understand why Blizzard is gating these allied races behind old content. Yeah yeah, it's part of the story and so on. I feel really sorry you have to do this and "grind" the reputation for it. Bad decision Blizzard, bad decision. I hope they will realize it some day...

Agreed. I plan to do raids eventually. but i dont want it to be for allied races.

For the rep it wont be TOO bad i'm at honored with all the legion factions except the wardens and legionfall. So the plan was to work on that when i finish suramar and to be able to go into argus with flying under my belt

Hey guys.

Does anybody know where i could find a list of legendary items in legion?

I'm almost to a stage where i can start properly gathering legs so i want to make sure i have all of them when i'm done

Have a look here:

https://www.wowhead.com/legion-legendary-items-guide#legion-legendaries-by-class

I mean its your decision, but this will take A LOT time to gather ALL legendaries. But to be honest, there is no point to do so. It's like you want to farm ALL green items. But well, if it's whats makes you fun...go for it ?

Edited by Allseye

yes that's exactly what i wanted

thanks.

and to be honest i'm not sure what i'm doing yet. i just want to have an idea of what i could get when i have enough wakening essences (i have 1700 already)

plus the fact it's havoc legs only. i dont have any interest in tanking

Edited by knight85

evening ladies and gents

i'm back to torment you and and check something i read on wowhead.

I've completed the insurection questline in legion and gotten to exalted with the nightfallen. and the quest for the nighthold to kill gul'dan has come up .

but with things the way they are these days in wow my chances of getting raid finder party are slim.

but then on wowhead i read that a fresh nightborne character can buy the manasaber mount from thelysra. can anybody verify that?

if all else fails i'll ask around in my guild to see if i can put a party together. but i figured this might be easier

9 hours ago, knight85 said:

but then on wowhead i read that a fresh nightborne character can buy the manasaber mount from thelysra. can anybody verify that?

There is the Arcanist's Manasaber which is a quest reward for killing Guldan, and the Nightborne Manasaber which you get when you make a Nightborne character. And finally there is Mystic Runesaber which is a store mount.

Can I just ask you, why don't you level to 120 and just join a transmog run for Nighthold? Being max level would generally make a lot of things much easier for you, even if you don't plan on playing current end game content. I understand the desire to finish things up first before moving on, but the old content won't go away, so I personally feel like that's something to save for when the current expansion runs out of steam. 

1 hour ago, jinsu2301 said:

There is the Arcanist's Manasaber which is a quest reward for killing Guldan, and the Nightborne Manasaber which you get when you make a Nightborne character. And finally there is Mystic Runesaber which is a store mount.

Can I just ask you, why don't you level to 120 and just join a transmog run for Nighthold? Being max level would generally make a lot of things much easier for you, even if you don't plan on playing current end game content. I understand the desire to finish things up first before moving on, but the old content won't go away, so I personally feel like that's something to save for when the current expansion runs out of steam. 

A solo raid later was plan b. I was just curious cause blizzard had hotfixed everything else in suramar

hey guys. back with a new question. this time about pvp

What's the best way to farm marks of honor?

i'm in the market for a mess of transmog sets and mounts but the horde players i've seen running battlegrounds arent team players (no offence meanr) and i cant win an arena match to save my life.

so is there another way to farm the marks or should i just give up?

11 hours ago, knight85 said:

so is there another way to farm the marks or should i just give up?

No, there is no other way. Doesn't mean you have to give up, you just have to git gud ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best way is probably to grind rated 2v2/3v3.

On 11/24/2018 at 2:32 PM, knight85 said:

either that or try with a different character at 120. cause my 110 demon hunter obviously isnt up to the task

Well, i don't think this is a class issue. As long as you don't want to play arena seriously (i mean to get a really high score), there is so much room for a good gameplay to win games. So i completly agree with jinsu2301, this is a "get good" task ? !

evening ladies and gents

can anybody tell me if a demon hunter can get the blood elf heritage armor quest?

of if a race changed dwarf would be able to get the quest for the dwarf armor?

On 9/8/2018 at 5:02 PM, knight85 said:

evening ladies and gents

can anybody tell me if a demon hunter can get the blood elf heritage armor quest?

of if a race changed dwarf would be able to get the quest for the dwarf armor?

afaik yes.

Edited by jinsu2301

hey got a new question guys.

i'm finally in BFA and i'm doing the questlines in the Zul'dazar zone of Zandalar.

so far i've cleared 4 main questlines (the 3 opening lines from the king and the warport) and 3 secondary questlines (nestingway, the direhorn trainers and the witchdoctor with the brontosauruses) and i also did 2 quests from the tortalian seekers questline

but i've got no clue how to unlock the rest of the optional questlines.

my original plan had been to clear out the quests, rares and treasures on 1 side of zul'dazar and then do the other side.

plan b would just be to clear the normal lines and then do the rest before i move on. but i want to limit the amount of backtracking i do.

5 hours ago, knight85 said:

so far i've cleared 4 main questlines (the 3 opening lines from the king and the warport) and 3 secondary questlines (nestingway, the direhorn trainers and the witchdoctor with the brontosauruses) and i also did 2 quests from the tortalian seekers questline

but i've got no clue how to unlock the rest of the optional questlines.

You can use either the Icy Veins Completed Quests Checker or addons like AzerothAutoPilot to figure out which quests you are missing. Then you can use wowhead to find the quest givers.

Got it thx.

At the minute i'm between questlines. So i'm going to make a quick trip to voldun and nazmir to get friendly rep with the 2 factions in those zones to prep for getting the flightmasters whistle and world quests at 120

Hey guys

Back again with a new question.

This time about bfa incursions and how i get access to them

I've got 2 kul'tiras footholds. And done 4 parts of the questline in zul'dazar. But i havent started into voldun or nazmir. But wowhead isnt very clear on how i can get into them

12 hours ago, knight85 said:

This time about bfa incursions and how i get access to them

You need a 120 character that has WQs activated.