FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

[Resto] Cleave vs Multistrike

So I've pretty much come to the conclusion that cleave is pretty much way better than multistrike on almost every fight. I just want to do this comparison for fun and maybe share a little information with others who are interested.

This is from a 25 man perspective, if you do 10 man I would love to see your comparisons as well.

I'm going to compare most of my week this week with my cleave trinket and then next week I'll come back with a multistrike comparison.

My rules:

1. When comparing try to keep one trinket on for the entire week to compare to the next with the other.  
  2. Don't gimp yourself on progression though. Use the trinket you think will do best for it.
  3. Heroic Thok (and possibly even normal thok) never use Multistrike.  We all know it's not going to outheal cleave, lets be honest.

Lets start with the first week comparisons.  Note: Since this is thanksgiving week my guild did not raid this past wednesday or thursday, so I only have logs up to heroic Nazgrim for this week.  I'll look into the week before for some of the later fights, but I plan on doing a full week analysis for each trinket when I get the chance.

Cleave - Normal 2/2 upgrade

Heroic Immerseus: 1,444,256 - 3.5%  (Phase 1 semi stacked, Phase 2: Spread)

Heroic Fallen Protectors: 2,571,814 - 5.0% (semi tight spread/stack)

Heroic Norushen: 5,259,591 - 7.0% (Stacked, I never went downstairs)

Heroic Sha of Pride: 855,795 - 2.6% (Spread, with quick stack during banishment)

Heroic Galakras: 7,682,918 - 9.3% (Semi spread, 2 groups on last phase, non-tower)

Heroic Iron Juggernaut: 2,087,625 - 3.3% (Spread in front of gate, small stacks during knockbacks)

Heroic Kor'kron Dark Shamans: 3,143,712 - 3.8% (Melee side, stacked) [9,188,577 - 8.9% on a currently #2 druid parse]

Heroic General Nazgrim: 1,200,018 - 2.3% (Spread)

Heroic Malkorok: (Spread, with stacked phase 2)

Normal Spoils of Pandaria: (2 groups, loosely stacked)

Heroic Thok the Bloodthirsty: 16,045,928 - 10.3% (Stacked)

Normal Seigecrafterblackfuse: 1,089,023 - 6.6% (Stupid spread out strat)

Normal Paragons of the Klaxxi: 520,147 - 2.1% (Spread, was also using DoC for giggles) not really valid, but will throw into average 

Normal Garrosh Hellscream: 2,175,615 - 4.9% (Stacked for about 70% of the fight)

I'm going to start keeping a spreadsheet that averages out my personal kills now that I have both versions of the trinket just to see how they average out on all the fights

Let me know if you want to contribute to the spreadsheet using your own logs.  Just send me a PM and we'll work it out.