FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Razzin

Low DPS on destro warlock

Hello,

my Warlock DPS is currently simming at ~3500 dps but the best I get on the dummy is ~2800.

My current prio list is as follows:

1. Keep Immolate up
  2. Chaos bolt if about to reach 5 shards
  3. keep Conflagrate below 2 stacks
  4. Cataclysm on CD
  5. Incinerate as filler

The destro-Rotation does not appear to be that complicated yet im miles away from my simmulated dps, i hope somebody can tell me where my fault is, or if the simulation is wrong

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rLT3mAcMkYRG6B4K/#fight=16&source=14

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/rLT3mAcMkYRG6B4K/16-Normal+Imonar+the+Soulhunter/Urraco

Edited by Razzin

4 hours ago, Razzin said:

my Warlock DPS is currently simming at ~3500 dps but the best I get on the dummy is ~2800.

are both those numbers with all buffs and bloodlust?

• Thanks 1

Yea, I guess that was it -.-

Didnt expect the difference to be so high...

Simed without buffs and stuff and it turned out about 2,9k.

So that should be sufficient for leveling, Im sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the reply ?

Side note from your DPS - make sure you have another legendary ready to go for leveling since you'll be getting the artifact neck before you hit the new zones!  Prydaz had a nice run, but its usefulness is almost over.

On 8/8/2018 at 4:10 PM, Razzin said:

Hello,

My current prio list is as follows:

1. Keep Immolate up
  2. Chaos bolt if about to reach 5 shards
  3. keep Conflagrate below 2 stacks
  4. Cataclysm on CD
  5. Incinerate as filler

The destro-Rotation does not appear to be that complicated yet im miles away from my simmulated dps, i hope somebody can tell me where my fault is, or if the simulation is wrong

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rLT3mAcMkYRG6B4K/#fight=16&source=14

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/rLT3mAcMkYRG6B4K/16-Normal+Imonar+the+Soulhunter/Urraco

As another side note are those your fave talents? As they are definitely not the highest simming for me though I am higher item level than you. I also usually use Spite for simming anyhow which increases the value of GoSup and DSI. Eradication may be better for you as well.

Didn't look that in depth at your log but main thing is to give IC more priority. Depends on distance but if Immolate was close to pandemic when you started your CB you can immediately follow with the DoT and it should hit before the CB will. 

On 8/10/2018 at 11:52 AM, spikeysquad said:

As another side note are those your fave talents? As they are definitely not the highest simming for me though I am higher item level than you. I also usually use Spite for simming anyhow which increases the value of GoSup and DSI. Eradication may be better for you as well.

Didn't look that in depth at your log but main thing is to give IC more priority. Depends on distance but if Immolate was close to pandemic when you started your CB you can immediately follow with the DoT and it should hit before the CB will. 

Thank you for the input but my concern was the difference between my dps on a dummy and the simmed dps.

For that matter the choice of talents should be irrelevant as long as theyre the same for both sim and actual dps

Youre probably right about the choice of talents but i chose em because they made the rotation easier

Cheers for caring tho ?

• Like 1

I'm going to come clean i'm not as old as most players on this game since I started playing during Legion but I can maintain high dps with destruction warlock by doing the following.  5600 - 6800 dps:

>Cast Immolate on all targets and maintain it on the strongest target.
>Cast Demonfire and switch to priority target.
>Cast Conflagarate x2
>Cast Incinerate
>Cast Immolate on all targets until 3+ shards.
>Cast Demonfire
>Cast Incinerate x2
>Cast Chaos Bolt x2
Repeat.

You can beat most rare elites and bosses that have adds this way but I don't think it's optimal compared to other rotations. It works for me though. ? I hope i helped.

Edited by Sk1ne

A couple of things I have learned.

Make sure you Conflagerate before you cast Chaos Bolt in order to reduce cast time of your Chaos Bolt.  Cast priorities are a good start, but they are not often optimal.  Always keep at least 1 Conflagerate on cooldown.

If you're still leveling don't worry about sims, the scaling is tuned around raiding in ~340 item level gear and not for people in the last expansion's purples and leveling greens. You will lose almost all of your secondary stats on your way to 120 and it will feel like a completely different character once you reach level cap. And then, because you are a caster, you will struggle until you get drops that have the right stats and Azerite traits on them so that everything will work properly. It's not an "if", just the reality of playing any caster in BFA right now, not just a Warlock.

For now, focus on getting through the content as efficiently as you can. With its front-loaded burst, Destro is not a bad leveling spec at all, but you will probably be using your Voidwalker for survivability which hurts since the Imp firebolt does a big chunk of your DPS.