FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gbits

Boomie 2 pc LFR versus Pennyroyal/crit gems

Hi all--

I'm a new boomkin, doing mostly LFR/Flex and attempting to get my DPS high enough to be considered for my guild's 10 man normal team. Armory link here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Gbitzes/simple

I'm having typical noob issues about DPS, but still working on stuff based on the guides here (my opener needs help, I was trying NV and will be going back to HotW and possibly FoN instead of Inc, dot uptime and eclipse speed needs help, etc.). The answers experienced boomies have given folks here have been REALLY helpful. My questions today are about gear.

I have the SoO LFR chest and pants tokens (528). I also have a freshly-made pair of Pennyroyal pants (http://www.wowhead.com/item=98600) that are 553 and the Amber Parasite Wraps chest (LFR, 228). Should I use Amber/Pennyroyal or the LFR set pieces for the bonus?

Also, Ask Mr. Robot is suggesting that I swap out some int/crit gems for all-crit. The way I read the guides here, it suggests int is always king. No? Should I be gemming primarily for crit?

Thanks for your help, and any other suggestions are welcome. If I had a log, I'd post it.

Gbits

Regarding Int and Crit - if you have a choice between 180 Int and 180 Crit on your cloak, you take the Int. If you have the choice between 160 Int and 320 Crit in a prismatic socket, you take 320 Crit. In a yellow socket you will always use a yellow Crit gem unless you need to hit a Haste breakpoint.

The set bonus I see on your gear is for Restoration, so unless you have a Balance tier set, wear the Pennyroyal ones.

Hi Tarazet! Thanks for the assist.

On the gems - for red sockets, do I do Brilliants or Potents?

On the pants - the pair I am currently wearing is the ToT resto set. Those are the ones I intend to replace with either the SoO LFR Balance set (I have the tokens, haven't yet converted them) or the Pennyroyal pants. Thanks. smile.png

Edited by Gbits

On the pants - the pair I am currently wearing is the ToT resto set. Those are the ones I intend to replace with either the SoO LFR Balance set (I have the tokens, haven't yet converted them) or the Pennyroyal pants. Thanks. smile.png

red sockets should always be int/crit gems

yellow - pure crit

blue - spi/crit

and you are over the 5273 and can lose the two yellow haste gems you have in the pants for crit.

The Pennyroyals are far better than LFR T15 and almost as good as normal tier. Consider wearing the T15 only if It's too much Spirit on the Pennyroyals and you can't get back down near the 15% cap. You can use Ask Mr. Robot to replace it virtually and see how it works. Even then, I'd see if I had something else without Spirit on it that I could substitute in another slot.