FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Threenips

Fistweaving Viability for M+?

So i have come to wonder; how viable is fistweaveing for M+?

At first glance it seemed as it was hopeless due to the new healings requirements, and the tanks being less self sustainable. But yesterday I saw it in 3v3 where the play style rocked, almost outpreforming a resto shaman. This made me wonder if there was any chance it could be the new meta for M+... What are your thoughts? 

Found some thoughts here, but not totally related to my question: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749875046

On 8/13/2018 at 3:16 AM, Threenips said:

So i have come to wonder; how viable is fistweaveing for M+?

At first glance it seemed as it was hopeless due to the new healings requirements, and the tanks being less self sustainable. But yesterday I saw it in 3v3 where the play style rocked, almost outpreforming a resto shaman. This made me wonder if there was any chance it could be the new meta for M+... What are your thoughts? 

Found some thoughts here, but not totally related to my question: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749875046

Hey Threenips,

Fistweaving is not viable outside of raid content.  Rising Mist as a talent only serves as an efficiency tool; it does a moderate amount of healing, for next to no mana.  The heal itself is only 15% spell power (for reference that's less than half of a tick of Soothing Mist), so it doesn't really do anything on an individual level.  In a raid, when you can have your HoTs on 20 people, a 300% spell power ability for 1.5% of your mana is very strong, but in dungeons your focus is on keeping individual people alive, and 15% spell power on one person is terrible - it's actually less healing than taking no talent at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by a 3v3, as we're talking about M+, but if you meant PvP, then the person was almost certainly using Way of the Crane - a PvP talent that directly converts our damage into healing for a short time.  They almost certainly weren't running Rising Mist.  I'm also a bit confused at your link, as its a post made two years ago.

As far as raids go, I can tell you that Fistweaving is fun and rewarding for the encounters that allow us to use it, but unfortunately, the talents isn't designed to work outside of raids.

If you're talking "Fistweaving" I'm going to think of using the Spirit of the Crane talent. This is designed to be used in long, drawn-out raid encounters where you will sometimes have downtime that you can take advantage of to recoup mana. Its pattern of mana return is not helpful in M+. Also, as Dhaubbs writes above, the Rising Mist talent is not of great use in M+ because you are simply not hitting enough targets with the heal. The other two choices are better.

It is still desirable to weave in damage when you have downtime, but the standard Fistweaving talents do nothing to increase your DPS and mechanically do not perform well in M+, so in M+ it is better to do damage when you are able but not take the Fistweaving talents. Actually, there is one talent that does increase DPS, but it's Focused Thunder which we recommend regardless in M+.

There is a PvP only talent called Way of the Crane that explains what you were seeing in 3's. You cannot replicate the same performance in PvE content.

Edited by Tarazet