FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Hunter Leveling Guide

Guest Rob

Which spec would be considered best for leveling to 120 say if I wanted to do questing and some dungeons.

On 8/23/2018 at 11:34 AM, Guest Rob said:

Which spec would be considered best for leveling to 120 say if I wanted to do questing and some dungeons.

You can level as any of the specs, each will have their strengths over the others depending on what you are doing in each zone. I'd pick the one that you are most likely to play at max level.

When in doubt, BM is almost always the answer.  I'd say the only reason to realistically not play BM is if you're just bored with BM.  But it's perhaps always the easiest answer and it's not even highly gear dependent.  Leveling my hunter as BM 110-120 I felt pretty much as unkillable as I did on my DH (if I had the right pet out, like a corehound or scalehide, too much downtime or healing with other pets).

Basically the class guide itself makes this all very, very clear.    Follow the spec, follow the pet suggestions, follow the gear suggestions.  Done.

Edited by Sholto

Guest KatCaller
On 8/13/2018 at 12:40 PM, Blainie said:

This thread is for comments about our 1-120 Hunter Leveling Guide.

I would argue that for beastmaster in 8.2.5+ animal companion is almost better over killer instinct

I saw a 10-20 dps rise going this route in my level 30s and 40s so far.

Guest A concerned citizen

this guide still refers to old Explosive shot which was changed in 8.1

Keep in mind that you must press it twice; once to fire it, and once again to make it explode for damage

This is completely incorrect: 

• 05 Jul. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
  • 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.

Guest ChiefEmoji

I was wondering why you choose Chimaera shot over one with the pack? Thank you!

Uncommon Patron
56 minutes ago, Guest Bebbzor said:

Hunter guide is out of date.

Not sure that it's out of date, but the BM hunter is geared for Shadowlands and not BfA even though the Level bar still goes to 120.  I told the Moderator and hopefully they'll put it back to BfA before Shadowlands launches. 

12 hours ago, Dhae said:

Not sure that it's out of date, but the BM hunter is geared for Shadowlands and not BfA even though the Level bar still goes to 120.  I told the Moderator and hopefully they'll put it back to BfA before Shadowlands launches. 

We're looking into fixing this, thank you!

On 9/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, Guest Bebbzor said:

Hunter guide is out of date.

The guide definitely needs some updating.  I have a level 42 Vulpera Beast Master hunter and it's suggesting that I use hunter's mark and arcane shot in my rotation neither of which are available for my spec. 

Edited by Grez

Guest wolverine79936

Just wanted to point out that Beast Mastery Hunter does not get Arcane Shot.