FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Paladin Leveling Guide

On 8/22/2018 at 7:38 PM, Guest Lothurr said:

is there not a holy pally 1-120 portion?

What were you hoping for in terms of Holy? A dungeon-only leveling guide? I think it wasn't added to this guide mainly because leveling in the open world as Holy is hugely inefficient compared to the other two specs.

Hey Guys! I have a simple note regarding the following quote:

When leveling up, you should always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.

In some cases, this is unfortunately not true. E.g.: I leveled just through Borean Tundra in Northrend, and sometimes there is gear, which has a higher item level, but has lower stats... (Compare Pants 1 with Pants 2). Common sense will dictate of course that you will stick to the second Pants. But why is that the case? Why are there items with a higher item level but lower secondary stats?

Incredibly noteworthy is also the fact, that there are necklaces, which have no primary stat at all (Str, Int, Agi). I would never take them off for a necklace with 3 more item levels but no primary stat. Any hints why that is the case?

Edited by dabachel0r

Guest Tweadle

As a new healer, I used the Shaman resto guide to know what healing spells I should be using at what level, and when to replace them. Proved really helpful.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:18 PM, dabachel0r said:

But why is that the case? Why are there items with a higher item level but lower secondary stats?

Incredibly noteworthy is also the fact, that there are necklaces, which have no primary stat at all (Str, Int, Agi). I would never take them off for a necklace with 3 more item levels but no primary stat. Any hints why that is the case?

The short answer is that Blizzard messed up their scaling and certain things don't make sense anymore. If there is a clear stats > item level due to scaling issue, then take the one with more stats. As for no primary stat, it depends on the expansion. Some have more secondaries to replace the primary, but often having the primary stat is worth more, depending on the spec and level.

10 hours ago, Guest Tweadle said:

As a new healer, I used the Shaman resto guide to know what healing spells I should be using at what level, and when to replace them. Proved really helpful.

Glad to hear it! I can discuss the possibility of a Holy Paladin guide with Adam and see what we can come up with.

Guest CriscoWild
On 8/26/2018 at 7:32 AM, Blainie said:

What were you hoping for in terms of Holy? A dungeon-only leveling guide? I think it wasn't added to this guide mainly because leveling in the open world as Holy is hugely inefficient compared to the other two specs.

Was that reasoning applied to all the other classes with healing specs? I see Priest has all three covered. Druid, Shaman and Monk seem to as well. Why should Paladin be the only incomplete guide?

Guest Jonnet

Still no holy section? The other classes have leveling portions for their healing specs.

Guest Retri

Just a random question. I play Retribution Paladin, and when i look at the guide on the lvl up page, it says i should start all fights with Blade of Justice. But, i find it much better to start with Judgement insted. Because it has longer range and i can start a fight with the nice Zeal bonus. So i dont understand why i would want to start a fight with Blade of Justice when i can use Judgement insted?.. Im mostly just asking for an explenation because im new to Paladin. (Sorry for my bad english and grammar. xD)

Thx! ?

On 7/21/2019 at 12:05 AM, Guest Retri said:

Just a random question. I play Retribution Paladin, and when i look at the guide on the lvl up page, it says i should start all fights with Blade of Justice. But, i find it much better to start with Judgement insted. Because it has longer range and i can start a fight with the nice Zeal bonus. So i dont understand why i would want to start a fight with Blade of Justice when i can use Judgement insted?.. Im mostly just asking for an explenation because im new to Paladin. (Sorry for my bad english and grammar. xD)

Thx! ?

Your auto attacks have a chance to reset Blade's cooldown. Any attacks made while Blade is not on cooldown could waste a reset, which is a very powerful effect.

Guest Mohjoe
On 7/22/2019 at 12:31 PM, Blainie said:

Your auto attacks have a chance to reset Blade's cooldown. Any attacks made while Blade is not on cooldown could waste a reset, which is a very powerful effect.

But u can cast judgment at 30m range and pull the mob. At 10m u can cast blade. After this u got 3 holy power and can spend them if the mob reaches ur normal attack range ?

Guest Nyapano

Protection paladin slider doesn't seem to have anything up to level 110 besides shield of the righteous