Paladin Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 60
Table of Contents
- 1. Leveling in Dragonflight
- 2. Best Leveling Spec for Paladin in Dragonflight
- 3. Ability Unlocks for Paladin Leveling in Dragonflight
- 4. Best Heirloom Items for Paladin Leveling in Shadowlands
- 5. Changelog
Leveling in Dragonflight
Welcome to our Paladin leveling guide. Here you will find all you need to know to level up your Paladin efficiently. In addition, you may wish to check out our general Leveling guide, complete with detailed information on XP, mounts, addons, consumables, tips, and more. We encourage to read it to increase your leveling speed even more.
Paladins are one of the stronger leveling classes. They have exceptional utility and self-healing which allows them to be efficient when going through the leveling process. Their biggest weakness would come in the form of low mobility.
Best Leveling Spec for Paladin in Dragonflight
Both Retribution and Protection are viable leveling specs. As Holy will lack damage, you will want to stay away from it. Protection will allow you to be nearly invincible when pulling enemies. It has competitive AoE damage but will suffer when fighting bosses or having to deal single-target damage. Retribution on the other hand will deal strong damage regardless of situation, but it lacks the survivability that Protection has. Which spec is better will vary on the situation, and you will in most cases want to play the spec you are more comfortable with.
If you choose to level in a large group or through dungeons, playing Holy is a completely viable choice. However, in most cases you will want to play either Retribution or Protection as they more well-suited for the leveling experience.
Ability Unlocks for Paladin Leveling in Dragonflight
- At level 1, you unlock Crusader Strike, which gives you 1 Holy Power when used on an enemy. You must be in melee range.
- At level 2, you unlock Shield of the Righteous, which deals damage to targets in front of you and provides armor. It costs 3 Holy Power to use.
- At level 3, you unlock Judgment. It does damage at long range, and after reaching level 10, it will generate 1 Holy Power when used by a Retribution or Protection Paladin.
- At level 4, you unlock Flash of Light, which serves as your quick heal. It is very expensive but has a short cast time.
- At Level 5, you unlock Hammer of Justice, which allows you to stun your target for 6 seconds.
- At level 6, you unlock Consecration, which deals damage to enemies caught within its radius for 12 seconds.
- At level 7, you unlock Word of Glory. This ability has different uses depending on your specialization. But, in every case, it is one the heals available to all specs. It costs 3 Holy Power to use.
- At level 8, you unlock Judgment, which increases the damage of Judgment by 50%.
- At level 9, you unlock Hand of Reckoning, which forces your target to attack you. In solo content, you can use this to pull enemies, in all specs.
- At level 10, you unlock Divine Shield. This ability will allow you to go immune to damage and harmful effects for 8 seconds.
- At level 10 you also unlock Sense Undead which will show the location of nearby undead targets on your minimap.
- At level 13, you unlock Redemption, which allows you to resurrect a dead ally.
- At level 19, you unlock Intercession, which is a resurrection ability that can be cast in combat once every 10 minutes.
Best Heirloom Items for Paladin Leveling in Shadowlands
When purchasing Heirloom Items for Leveling in general, we recommend picking the Heirloom items that have the highest amount of Haste possible. Haste speeds up the spec in almost every way, allowing you to quickly breeze through your rotation, and move on to the next mob more quickly.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1
- Destruction Warlock PvE
- The Forbidden Reach Zone Guide
- Assassination Rogue PvE
- Feral Druid Leveling
- Devastation Evoker PvE