FORUMS
Blainie

Rogue Leveling Guide

We will be adding guides for them at a later date, but we just wanted to ensure there was a Rogue guide to follow! I'll ping Gray and Ashine and see what the timeline plans are for the other two specs.

Guest Ichigo

Checked this for my level 42 Rogue, but couldn't find the talent Phantom Assassin available in the PvP section. Not sure if that's because it wasn't available for my level, but Thief's Bargain was unavailable for my level and still usable. Is it possible that Blizzard removed the talent without mentioning it? Or am I just not seeing it for some reason?

Guest Entimidator
On 8/15/2018 at 3:08 AM, Blainie said:

We will be adding guides for them at a later date, but we just wanted to ensure there was a Rogue guide to follow! I'll ping Gray and Ashine and see what the timeline plans are for the other two specs.

Did you ever get a response from Gray and Ashine?

On 3/8/2019 at 12:10 AM, Guest Trose93 said:

Can you add assassination please

Will get Grayhound to add it, sorry for the delay!

Section 3.2.4 lists some PvP talents which have limited use during PvE leveling, " due to them not providing damage increases."  Dagger in the DarkDagger in the Dark is included in that not-recommended list, but it provides a 10%-100% damage boost to a common spell.

I haven't played my rogue since WoD so it's entirely possible that the tooltip recently changed and the [3.2.4] recommendation was previously for other reasons.

Edited by Farmbuyer

On 7/8/2019 at 12:23 AM, Farmbuyer said:

Section 3.2.4 lists some PvP talents which have limited use during PvE leveling, " due to them not providing damage increases."  Dagger in the DarkDagger in the Dark is included in that not-recommended list, but it provides a 10%-100% damage boost to a common spell.

I haven't played my rogue since WoD so it's entirely possible that the tooltip recently changed and the [3.2.4] recommendation was previously for other reasons.

I'll ask Ashine/Grayhound and get it fixed!

On 7/8/2019 at 1:23 AM, Farmbuyer said:

Hey, I've fixed the wording on that part and it should be going live soonish. The main reason Dagger in the Dark was not included in the recommended talents is because me and few others found that the DPS gain from that talent while leveling is very minor (to the point where many prefer to have the lower CD on Vanish to mount up quicker after finishing a quest etc).

Reasons for that were mainly that when leveling, you open with a Shadowstrike from distance generally thus not getting any stacks and after your opener, regardless of gear mobs were more or less dead within Eviscerate > Marked for Death > Eviscerate.

Secondly, usually while leveling you want to be pulling multiple mobs and therefore you would use Shuriken Storm over Shadowstrike.

One situation that the talent is good for is beefy boss-type mobs that require more than couple of globals to finish off.