FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Veox

Help me Stoove :) - resto shaman

right, I know stooves the guru here, but anyone can answer..

basically How do i reforge my shaman..

this is an alt, i never intend on getting meta gem or legendary cloak but ive been told to go pure mastery in 10 man and its crit for 25 man.. but i was told recently but a friend that masterys poop!

so im just confused now, please take a look at my alt ;-) thank you.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/alula/advanced

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/arathor/alula

I wish there was a universal answer to this!

Mastery isn't awful, it's just that you get so much of it from gear these days that it's not worth stacking. There's a bit of a trade-of between Crit and Mastery and the exact value depends on your group and progression. If your group takes lots of damage or is regularly on very low hp, then Mastery is awesome. Don't expect it to be really great until hardmodes though. Crit, on the other hand, is really useful. You get extra spread healing and mana regen. Ultimately, if you're raiding with a Druid or a Disc Priest then you'll want less Mastery and more Crit. Otherwise, it's generally done "to taste".

Haste is only truly good if you get the LMG, which you've stated you won't be getting. With that in mind, try to hit a breakpoint and go as little over it as possible. Which one you want depends on your gear; with mostly Haste gear you'll be able to get 25% easily, but without you'll likely want to reforge out of Haste down to 12.5%.

I run 10man Heroic progress right now with a Mistwalker. I go Haste to 30% (LMG breakpoint) and then go for as much Crit as I can. I find that my Mastery always sits above 50%, and I can't get it lower. I find this annoying because I'd really prefer to have 50% Mastery and put the rest into Crit. However, because of that 30% Haste breakpoint my BiS gear is still all Haste.

My suggestions for you;

1. Prioritize Crit over Mastery.
  2. Hit a Haste breakpoint you're near, and don't worry about which specific one. You might find it difficult to go down to a lower one exactly.
  3. Take an amount of Spirit you're comfortable with. If you do end up with lots of Crit, you might find less is comfortable. 13k is a good place to start.

I think that what Failhard means to say is that this subject has been tackled elsewhere. However, that doesn't mean we can't go over it again - it's always nicer to receive attention and have things explained personally rather than get yourself confused.

I was just linking to relevant threads because I don't know my riptide from greater healing wave and wanted to help this guy out.  Good guy Stoove with the answers.

• Like 1

right, I know stooves the guru here, but anyone can answer..

basically How do i reforge my shaman..

this is an alt, i never intend on getting meta gem or legendary cloak but ive been told to go pure mastery in 10 man and its crit for 25 man.. but i was told recently but a friend that masterys poop!

so im just confused now, please take a look at my alt ;-) thank you.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/alula/advanced

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/arathor/alula

Looking good. You're at the 7613 Haste rating, which means you're getting extra Riptide and Healing Rain. That's gonna improve your healing alot. Like Stoove mentioned, spirit is a preference. You want enough to keep everybody alive but if you are 30% mana at the end of everyfight, you can go less spirit and more throughput.

The crit vs mastery debate is a fun one smile.png It depends on couple of factors:

1. Your healing setup. With a pala and disc your mastery isn't likely to kick much in.

2. Your guilds ability to avoid damage. Are there alot of spikes or more of a predictable damage?

If your raid is spiking much then sniping with a a Tidal Wave buffed Healing Surge on a low target is an awesome heal. If the damage is predictable e.g. on timed explosions, stacked phases etc, then the cooldowns of your healing team are probably gonna mitigate most of it, meaning again that mastery isn't gonna kick much in.

On the other if the healers are sub-par a heavy mastery build can own those stacking phases.

In short: Whatever you feel works the best for you and your team. You can try one week with a crit build and a second week with a mastery build and see what you felt better. I know Stoove likes a more mastery-oriented build while I like more crit-oriented. We both heal SoO with out any troubles, so it isn't a do or die situation smile.png

It really does depend on your healing setup. I find that in hardmodes I like Mastery because it ensures I get lots of healing in when the burst happens. In fact, Shaman are burst MACHINES. I heal with a Mistweaver, so I don't have to worry about shields.

I know Stoove likes a more mastery-oriented build while I like more crit-oriented. We both heal SoO with out any troubles, so it isn't a do or die situation smile.png

Well, yes and no. I like Mastery, it's boss when you need it. On the other hand, Crit does so well universally that I also want that. Since I have so much Mastery on my gear anyway I actively try to reforge out of it. I would say that my ideal Mastery level is about 50%, but if I was 3-healing Hardmodes I might want less.

Looking good. You're at the 7613 Haste rating, which means you're getting extra Riptide and Healing Wave. That's gonna improve your healing alot.

Agreed on the Riptide. Not sure what you mean about Healing Wave? It has no Haste breakpoint. Overall, I do think it's a good build.

Agreed on the Riptide. Not sure what you mean about Healing Wave? It has no Haste breakpoint. Overall, I do think it's a good build.

Lol, that should've said Healing Rain. I've fixed my post.