FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Allied Races

Hey guys, now BoA is live when are the Allied races going to be available without having to do the rep grind in Legion?

I assumed they would be up and useable at launch but no their not.

It is easy to get followers to 900 / 950 to farm the reputation token reward missions while you are doing current content. Most of the tokens are bound to blizzard account, so you can mail them from alts to a single character.

Hopefully there will be enough Order Hall Resource reward missions for it to be self-sufficient 

The WoW Companion app is now only showing BfA functionality ?

Seems strange you would have to go back to a previous expansion for rep to unlock features in a new expansion.

It doesn't really make sense.

2 hours ago, Mephisto said:

Seems strange you would have to go back to a previous expansion for rep to unlock features in a new expansion.

It doesn't really make sense.

Technically they were part of 7.3.5 and are therefore Legion content (even if you need to own BfA to access them). Their words, not mine.

Well no one is going to bother going back to grind the rep so basically their a waste of time. They did say the Allied races were for BoA and Legion just gave you early access.

So I have no idea what's going on but unless you can unlock them in BoA no one will give them a second look.

Would you be surprised if Jinyu and Hozen require Pandaria reputations?

50 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

So I have no idea what's going on but unless you can unlock them in BoA no one will give them a second look.

Void Elves is great for casters - no casting delay and a kiting racial. Cannot wait for the PvP arena plays.
Highmountain Tauren is a nice pick for miners (pun) and tanks.
Lightforged Draenei gives QoL blacksmithing and can be great for AoE.
Nightborne ...

So I got Dranei, Blood Elves, Goblins, Demon Hunters and Pandas just by logging into the game and having to do nothing else.

I could handle a questline that took a couple of hours to complete each one but not a boring daily rep grind that could takes weeks or monthes to complete.

And let's be real with BoA now here who in their right mind would stop exploring and leveling there just to go back to last expansion to rep grind?

Again, my understanding was we would have those races available at launch for BoA and having them in Legion was just an early release providing you put the time and work in.

Like a lot of people I know we waited, it obviously hasn't worked.

Edited by Mephisto

It's how jinsu2301 said, Blizzard stated there aren't any plans yet to remove this requirements. I'm not gonna link this statement, you can google it yourself ? .

But yes, i'm with you. Allied race is something Blizzard sold with BfA. To not unlook this for returning and new players it's not fair. There are people who say: there have also been rewards we need to unlock like weapon-stiles for gold-timer in WoD-Dungeons. Thats true, but:

1. I didn't do ANY grind to achiev the necessary reputation. I just played the game during legion. There lies NO effort behind my unlock.

2. Allied race were announced with BfA. If you don't buy it, you can't get it. I pay for it, they deliver it. I really do understand anyone who complains about that. For me, it feels a bit of a misdirection of customer what Blizzard is doing...

3. There is no 3rd point, i just added this because giving 3 reasons is somehow usual ?

• Thanks 1