FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Veox

Shadow priest

Hey, Me and my gf raid together and she's a very busy person so im here on her behalf, im just curious is her priest reforged etc right? She has the play style down, and power infusion/divine insight depending on which fight etc, but she's always bottom dps no matter what.. anyone can beat her with lower ilvl, but i dont understand why.

Thank you in advance

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Valvadia/advanced

Hey, I've only been playing Shadow a few weeks, but a few pointers are

1. A little bit too much hit, ask Mr Robot to optimize the stat balance for 15% hit!

2. Aim for just over 17k haste to get your GCD to 1 second and DoTs to tick more often

3. Aim for more mastery, the Shadow Tier 16 2 set bonus is really, really good. It affects SW:P, VT, DP, MFlay and MSear. Mastery outweighs crit if you have the 2-set bonus!

I hope this helps!

Regards,

George.

spriest can be tough for some people. you have to be very action oriented vs reaction. its nice to combo an addon like Shadow Priest Dot timers with one like gnosis.

SPD keeps track of your bonus procs so you know what dots are at what strength and Gnosis lets you see when flay ticks so you can clip just after a tick and really get a handle on maximizing ticks for insanity.

Power infusion looks awesome at the pull, but after that its very high risk and rarely works out in your favor. Twist of fate is a bit high skill as well and only really works out for some fights. Divine Insight is friendly and easy to use and is a fine all arounder.

Insanity is nice especially when you're learning the class and From Darkness Comes light is awesome on multidot friendy fights once youre comfortable dotting a focus target or more.

not on fights with multiple targets. on shaman i barely cast flay ever because im casting spikes nonstop. it also allows me to be moving unless i'm casting touch.

i dont have it yet, but it seems like the 4 piece will let me play FDCL + DI even on single target fights so i'll be able to be mobile. I'd imagine that's pretty crucial in hardmodes, but my spriest isnt quite to hard modes yet.

i think the actual number is 18215 haste for the gcd cap. that means if you have more haste than that and you cast spike or blast the gcd isnt over before the cast finishes when you have tempest repit and heroism. it feels wonky to play with that because your spells wont q when you cast that fast so you have to spam a ton.

just over 17k+ is a good place to either start gemming half expertise in red sockets if you can shed the hit to get down around cap or gem half int if you have a ton of hit you cant get rid of already.

And also, incase this thread is still active. From what Kitsu has said in other posts; Shadow priest are a support DPS class, they haven't been made to be #1 DPS as they offer healing and other raid utilities such as Hymn of Hope. A good Shadow Priest is always great to bring along to the raid, but pure DPS classes (generally) will out-perform them on the meters.

Only slightly. You should aim for (I think) 41.75% haste un-buffed with the LMG and any haste beyond that is wasted. Once 41.5% is achieved, you should go start gemming for mastery

Edited by Wetty

actually i used the mr robot custom stat wieghts feature the other day and found it has been quite nicely redone. it has a feature that shows you all of your haste break points so you can pick the one you like. Wetty is recommending a very logical choice at the 14873 +3 ticks on devouring plague point. if you think about it, DP is the only dot you will never clip, so it is the best choice to look at breakpoints for.

keep in mind that you shouldn't abandon crit altogether. the bonuses you get from your set all benefit from crit. right now my mastery:crit is 2:1 but i've still seen people say 1:1 is optimal. I'm currently gemmed pure haste as well, but I might change that once I get my 4 piece and go with wickeds in reds for the socket bonuses and try 3:2 ratio before going 1:1.