FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PHPROmega

Pet Attack Macro

Azortharion recommends the following:

--
Because the in-game "auto-cast" system for Hunter pets is very slow, it is recommended to put these 3 lines into macros for all of your offensive spells.

/use Claw(Basic Attack)

/use Bite(Basic Attack)

/use Smack(Basic Attack)

--

However, when I apply this to my character, I no longer can see cooldowns for my spells.  I tried to install ElVUI as well and that actually has a numerical countdown for spell CDs, but when I create a macro like follows:

/use Claw(Basic Attack)

/use Bite(Basic Attack)

/use Smack(Basic Attack)

/cast Barbed Shot

I no longer can see that spell CD, which I think is important to playing well as you want to cast some abilities immediately on CD, like kill command.  Is there a way to put all those 3 lines into macro with my offensive spells without losing out on seeing my CD timers?  Thank you. 

• Like 1

Use #showtooltips (spell's name)

example: 

#showtooltips Barbed shot

/use Claw(Basic Attack)

/use Bite(Basic Attack)

/use Smack(Basic Attack)

/cast Barbed Shot

Hey, I am a new wow player, and it will be helpfull if someone explain  if you use all these macros on your hunter? cause the killl comand abiltiy in this guide is used more than once as macro. Do you use kill comand in different ways with different bindings ?

Thanks and regards!

Edited by norwegianmjod
wrong spelling
  • Like 1

Hello:

Rather than putting that macro in every attack skill, i recommend using a separate, independent one:

/petattack

/petassist

/ (you can continue putting rest of pet skills in forward lines)

Hitting it occasionaly does the job.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Narakamos said:

Hello:

Rather than putting that macro in every attack skill, i recommend using a separate, independent one:

/petattack

/petassist

/ (you can continue putting rest of pet skills in forward lines)

Hitting it occasionaly does the job.

No, the petattack macro has nothing to do with the Basic Attack macro. They are different actions.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 7:55 PM, PHPROmega said:

Azortharion recommends the following:

--
Because the in-game "auto-cast" system for Hunter pets is very slow, it is recommended to put these 3 lines into macros for all of your offensive spells.

/use Claw(Basic Attack)
/use Bite(Basic Attack)
/use Smack(Basic Attack)

--

However, when I apply this to my character, I no longer can see cooldowns for my spells.  I tried to install ElVUI as well and that actually has a numerical countdown for spell CDs, but when I create a macro like follows:

/use Claw(Basic Attack)
/use Bite(Basic Attack)
/use Smack(Basic Attack)
/cast Barbed Shot

I no longer can see that spell CD, which I think is important to playing well as you want to cast some abilities immediately on CD, like kill command.  Is there a way to put all those 3 lines into macro with my offensive spells without losing out on seeing my CD timers?  Thank you. 

Weak auras can track the spell cds. (I like Effie's BM Large Icons) .  I have a 3-stack bar w/ ELVUI , and used to put the non-macro'd ones on the bar under the macro ones, just for the CD reading.  A little duplication, but it does solve the problem.  

Edited by Eyeroll

On 8/20/2018 at 3:39 PM, Khallid said:

No, the petattack macro has nothing to do with the Basic Attack macro. They are different actions.

If I read Azortharian right, petattack should go in the KC macro, while the actual pet attacks go in the other offensive spells?

11 hours ago, Eyeroll said:

If I read Azortharian right, petattack should go in the KC macro, while the actual pet attacks go in the other offensive spells?

The basic attack macro should go on all spells, even cooldowns like Bestial Wrath. Everything that you will be pressing repeatedly during your rotation.

The petattack macro needs to be only on abilities that will make your pet move, so Kill Command is typically enough, but Barbed Shot is also reasonable. I find it very useful to also have it on Multi-Shot.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 1