Stan

Blue Posts Roundup: August 17th

Sign in to follow this  

15 posts in this topic

37199-bfa-blue-posts-tweets-war-mode-dk-

Today's roundup of blue posts covers Allied Race boosting through Recruit-a-Friend, the Azerite system, Flight Master's Whistle working in Legion zones & more.

Allied Race Recruit-a-Friend Boost

If your play an Allied Race and your friend grants you levels through RaF, you will be ineligible to receive Heritage Armor.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Receiving granted levels from Recruit A Friend would make the character ineligible for the heritage armor set.

If your friend grants levels to one of your Allied Race characters, it makes your character ineligible to receive the Heritage Armor.

If you grant levels to one of your friend's characters, that won't effect your eligibility for the armor.

But only the recruited player accumulates levels that can be granted, so that would be your friend. If they were to grant any of those levels onto your Void Elf, that would make your Void Elf ineligible for the armor.

Azerite System Underwhelming

It's too early to consider the Azerite system underwhelming. Quest gear only contains generic traits and Azerite Armor from raids has better traits.

Surely im not the only one who feels this way? The azerite gear is essentially the netherlight crucible. Most traits are passive and boring. Does it get better as the xpac goes on or..?

Some of the default Azerite items from questing don't have a lot of variety because you're still leveling up. Once you're at 120 and getting them from vendors, WQs, and dungeons you start seeing a lot more variety and some pretty neat stuff. 

Like there's one for Ret that reduces the cooldown of Divine Steed and it gives a speed buff to your entire raid when you use it. Which I thought was pretty rad.

It's definitely early, but I'm eager to see how it plays out and how this system shapes up as well as what else we might do with it. It has potential, and I'm pretty excited about that alone as a player.

Unintended Conquest Cap

A bug in the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch caused players to receive Conquest from certain PvP activities, but that was never intended outside of Seasons.

With the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch, we incurred a bug that caused some PvP activities to reward Conquest. Conquest was never intended to be accessible while the season is not active, and while Conquest did appear for some players on their Character Currency tab, it wasn’t useable. There aren’t any items that can be exchanged for it in-game right now.

We’ll be deploying a hotfix soon that will change any activities that are currently awarding Conquest to award Honor instead.

When BFA Season 1 begins, players will start earning Conquest as planned. At the same time, we’ll convert any unintended Conquest that players earned during the post-season to Honor or gold.

Additionally, new one-time PvP quests will get reset when BFA Season 1 begins. We want to make sure you can complete those quests to earn Conquest from them as intended. These quests are located in the same place where you turn in Conquest quests, so they should be easy to spot.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, and we’re working to make the fixes and conversions as seamless as possible.

We look forward to everyone engaging with the new Conquest System upcoming in Season 1 of Battle for Azeroth! Click here to learn more.

Thank you!

Flight Master's Whistle

Flight Master's WhistleFlight Master's Whistle will be upgraded to work in BfA zones when you unlock world quests. If you didn't play Legion or destroyed your whistle, you'll receive a new one that will work in Legion zones as well.

When you unlock Battle for Azeroth world quests, your Flight Master's WhistleFlight Master's Whistle gains the ability to work in the new lands. if you didn’t play Legion or destroyed your whistle, you will receive a Flight Master's WhistleFlight Master's Whistle that works in Legion and Battle for Azeroth zones.
  • Like 1

azerit armor realy is quite shit ...

i now have 3 mythic pieces and cant use them cause my hearth isnt high enough...

is there also some catch up mechanic later ?

cause the grind will get unreal at some time ...

also, there isnt much to do atm... i hope they come up with some things 

1 hour ago, Sombra said:

azerit armor realy is quite shit ...

i now have 3 mythic pieces and cant use them cause my hearth isnt high enough...

is there also some catch up mechanic later ?

cause the grind will get unreal at some time ...

Each week, level costs will be reduced by ~30%.

1 hour ago, Sombra said:

For real?

Island expeditions?
World quests?
Dungeons?

This is why I don't get people who race the level cap. There's a TON of stuff to do but some people just wanted to get right into mythic 😅

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrPumpson said:

For real?

Island expeditions?
World quests?
Dungeons?

This is why I don't get people who race the level cap. There's a TON of stuff to do but some people just wanted to get right into mythic 😅

I am on expedition cap

i have done all relevant ones, all for my faction rap

all myths on id

so basically my shaman is through until wed -.-

31 minutes ago, Sombra said:

I am on expedition cap

i have done all relevant ones, all for my faction rap

all myths on id

so basically my shaman is through until wed -.-

I mean... honestly dude, if you have all of that there is no way you are working / going to school or have taken any kind of real breaks any time recently.  I used to be that hardcore, so I get it, but if the content grind required that level of time sunk to keep up with the game, the gap between the players would be gigantic.  The time gating is there for a reason.  Level an alt.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Malcro said:

I mean... honestly dude, if you have all of that there is no way you are working / going to school or have taken any kind of real breaks any time recently.  I used to be that hardcore, so I get it, but if the content grind required that level of time sunk to keep up with the game, the gap between the players would be gigantic.  The time gating is there for a reason.  Level an alt.

Level an alt, or take a break. I don't understand players that literally blow through everything that is given and complains that there should be more. This is why Blizzard time gates everything now, because if everything was released I'm sure someone out there would have done everything within a week and complain about the fact there is nothing left to do.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Malcro said:

i am a student, and i have 2 months of now...

i want to play the new expansion and not get stuck 3 days after cause everything is time gated ....

legion was the same thing, but it got legos...

i could run the same dungeon 100000 and still pump up my bad luck protection...

11 hours ago, Stan said:

It's definitely early, but I'm eager to see how it plays out and how this system shapes up as well as what else we might do with it. It has potential, and I'm pretty excited about that alone as a player.

This doesn't exactly exude confidence in the system.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

They seem so desperate to give us the illusion of choice lately.

17 hours ago, Oxygen said:

If a Lego designer said "we put out a new set with new pieces designed to make <widgets> and we're excited to see what people build" would that be out of place?  Yes, Warcraft isn't Legos, but it's impossible  for them to exactly foresee how a designed mechanic will scale to a system with millions of users.  It's a foundation on which someone can build.

And on other subjects, I also can never fathom why anyone would buy a game and then see how fast they can race to the end.  I mean if it's actually a racing game, sure, but an MMO?  Especially when you *know* the expansion will need to last a year or two?

Edited by Savistik
  • Like 3

On 8/17/2018 at 6:18 PM, Sombra said:

i want to play the new expansion and not get stuck 3 days after cause everything is time gated ....

...from what it sounds like you're playing at a level significantly higher than most.

Not only that "everything" isnt time gated.  A lot is.  The entire first raid and mythic content is.  Some pvp content is.  

Some stuff is NATURALLY time gated like Rep, Emissaries, raids/mythics only being able to be looted once a week...  

Exploration, Professions, Achievements to no end...  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this