FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Blue Posts Roundup: August 21st

36028-kul-tiran-customization-options-in

The latest blue posts roundup covers in-game Auction House issues, Island Expeditions, new Class Trials, possible Retribution Paladin nerfs & more. Check it out for more details!

Slow Auction House

Many players are currently experiencing various problems with the in-game Auction House. Blizzard's currently investigating these issues.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

I think Blizzard needs to limit the amount of single item auctions that 1 character can post. When someone is posting 998 Auctions of 1 piece of linen...I can't think of any reason why someone needs to post more than 10 single items. Right now on my server there are 78 pages of Tidespray linen. Is it just my server or is anyone else having these same issues?

Hey guys! We are aware that some realms are seeing issues with slowness when using the Auction House and are currently investigating making some changes to help alleviate these issues. We’ll post an update as soon as we have more information to share.

Island Expeditions

Islands rotate on a weekly basis, three new Islands will pop up after maintenance each week.

I keep getting Un'gol Ruins and Skittering Hollow over and over and over. One time I got Dread Chain but otherwise it's those two continuously. I can't get the 5 different expeditions needed to continue the research with Alleria. Is this actually working? Are there actually 5 different ones available right now? This is ridiculous.

From my understanding, the three islands rotate weekly. So if you've done all three available at the moment (Dread Chain, Skittering Hollow, Un'gol Ruins) that's all you need for now.

Mythic Item Level?

If you've been wondering what ilvl is recommended to clear Mythic dungeons, it's somewhere at 305 to 315ish. They're even doable under 300 when you follow the strats.

What Ilvl should u be to do mythics?

I've seen most groups ask for people at 305 to 315ish that's just my experience though and I can see people asking for higher. Honestly they're very doable under 300 as long as you can follow mechanics and figure out some strats with your group.

If I was doing a World Tour with all pugs, I would aim to have the group be all 320.

I would ask for something similar if we were doing a World Tour. Some of the dungeons are a bit harder than the others and can be pretty challenging at lower ilvls but for the most part they're pretty doable and similar to the heroic counterparts in difficulty.

New Class Trials

You won't receive a Garrison Heartshtone in Class Trials, because Warlords of Draenor is old content. You can still unlock them through the quest offered by Khadgar.

Hi, I noticed that Class Trials no longer start at 100, and I am just curious, but how come you guys removed our Garrison Hearthstone?

I can't speak for Development, Thunderstorm, but odds are the level 100 boost is reflecting how the 110 works. Basically, because Warlords of Draenor is no longer current content the boost doesn't provide a jump into that older content. 

And also are you able to do a quest or anything to Unlock a Garrison? It's been so long I have forgotten.

Absolutely. If you haven't done any of the quests you should be able to speak to Archmage Khadgar and pick up "The Dark Portal". If you aren't sure, try walking (be sure you are not on a mount) through the portal in the Blasted Lands. Make sure you have trivial quests tracked as most of these are level 90 quests and might not be visible to you on the minimap.

Retribution Paladin Nerfs?

Retribution Paladins seem to be strong right now and they may be nerfed soon. Take it with a grain of salt though, we're likely going to see a lot of Class tuning before Uldir opens.

I have a feeling we will get nerfed. We have excellent dps dmg now and im topping dps in most groups, well from details add on point of view anyways. How many if you think this will happen.

Currently I think we might be a little too strong. At 333 ilvl I'm able to hold 15k+ on some fights and I'm leaving everyone in the dust. However it could be the difference in my groups weapons that's causing it to be a little exaggerated, I've got a 340 ilvl 2 hander and once I picked that up I haven't been touched. Again its nothing new, its the beginning of the expansion and only the first week. We're likely to see some tweaks here and there before we get to Uldir.

I vote we get buffed

I mean I'm not gonna object... >.> It could be we're fine and its just a gearing thing though. Its still the first few days so never know.

Uldir Gear Concerns

Uldir Azerite Armor traits are too generic and we may see some tweaks before Uldir's open. Blizzard also hotfixed Darkmoon trinkets yesterday.

Uldir currently has only three rings and TWO trinkets for healers. What in the world? On top of that, the azerite traits on the gear in Uldir is the exact same as found elsewhere, apart from the unique global trait. Blizzard stated that the raid gear would offer more in-depth, rotation-altering traits since they felt raiders would be more comfortable with that. Unless something changes, that was a flat out lie.

There's also the world bosses which offer another ring and like 4 trinkets that healers can use, plus what you'd find in Mythic+. I'll mention the Azerite stuff though, thanks! I'm noticing some variety in traits but nothing major apart from what already exists.

The % chance of actually get something that you need / bis / any decent from a boss every 8 weeks + % of drop chance is abysmal.

Of course, I'm not counting it as a guarantee but its something that you could potentially get. You could have bad luck and equally not get a dps trinket off a regular raid boss so its not so different. I do get that there is a difference though in the aspect of a guaranteed attempt verses not. 

Darkmoon Deck option is a tremendous joke as well, as they are simming lower than most 310 trinkets, except the Agi DPS version.

I've heard from the casters in my guild that its not great. I know its simming low and it has a weird interaction at least. I've passed it on to the team though but I don't know if there is an actual problem with it. The melee one is pretty great at the moment however and its BiS for most melee I believe until Mythic Uldir. So its a pretty good grab.

Blizzard Feedback (General QQ Thread)

Blizzard can't convince you that BfA story is good, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. Players that have completed everything since Tuesday should be hitting Revered with Honorbound/7th Legion today. They want to make it more clear that collecting 40,000 Azerite for the weekly quest grants 1,500 reputation with Honorbound/7th Legion.

Horrible story and lore- SILENCE

What do you expect us to say to something that is just simply your opinion. We can't convince you the story is good, if you think its bad then you think its bad, but people will disagree with you, as its an opinion. There are some aspects that I haven't liked, but that doesn't make it "horrible". Seems a little hyperbolic.

Horde Bias- SILENCE

Horde questing was really good but I think Alliance had the better side for me, that's just my opinion though. Those Jaina cutscenes... 10/10.

WQ gear- SILENCE

Yes world quests have gear sometimes. I don't know what you're mad about here. Some more substance to this point would be great. Things like what an actual issue is. Not enough gear, too much, not enough of a certain type, too much of a certain type, etc. 

PVP scaling- SILENCE

Pretty great from my experience but I've been rolling into war mode hard and sending everyone I've seen to the graveyard, sometimes that includes myself, so I've had nothing but fun there. I can see though there are some fringe things that need to be looked at, I don't have examples I can use off the top of my head as I don't know when/if they're planning any additional tweaks on that at the moment. It's a new system so we're still open to feedback on it and we're obviously fixing issues that do pop up.

Rep Time Gating- SILENCE

Literally almost every rep ever put into the game. I'm almost Revered with all of them already except Tortollan(Honored) and Champions(Honored), I get that some people might not like this style of grind but to say it takes too long or is gated is pretty silly in my opinion. I think people are forgetting the rep grinds of back in the day that took months, instead of the newer ones with world quests that can be done in around 2 weeks give or take a few days. (At least in these new reps that are introduced). If you could complete everything that is offered in an MMO in a week then its not really an MMO, part of the magic of the genre is that there are things to work on and progress with your character.

Lack of content other than rep grinding- SILENCE

Warmode, Islands, Dungeons, collectibles, professions, gold making frenzy. There's plenty of things to do. I'm sorry you feel that way but there is a lot of things to do right now. We know everyone has different interests but we are letting people take their time with these things at least before Mythic+ and Uldir opens up.

Ythisens can you please clarify how are you almost revered with the Honorbound if their wqs and their regular quests are bugged? Regular quests - no reputation gains at all.  World Quests - all of them give the same 75 rep, regardless of being regular or blue world quests (which were made to reward double rep and are doing so for every other faction BUT the Honorbound). Please enlighten us.

I've done every world quest since Tuesday at 5ish our time. That includes two emissaries that were Honorbound/7th Legion. So if you've done absolutely everything since Tuesday you should be hitting Revered today/tonight. Make sure you do your mission table rep rewards as well as your war campaign which nets you quite a bit as well. There is also a weekly quest with island expeditions where if you collect 40k azerite in Island Expeditions you get another 1500 rep with Honorbound/7th Legion. You can track it from the UI on the table. We're working on making this more visible as its easy to miss and some players haven't noticed it.

A lot of that comes from the tone you read the text in. It's easy to assume a sarcastic tone rather than an ironic or humorous one. But let's just assume for a second that he is being snarky, his would be an extremely tame version of snarky. GD shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.

If I'm coming across as snarky I apologize as that's not the case this time. Sometimes I mean to but its pretty rare honestly. If I was I do agree GD should be able to take it... I've seen what you guys write sometimes ಠ_ಠ

Many players are currently experiencing various problems with the in-game Auction House. Blizzard's currently investigating these issues.

The single stack sellers have been an issue for years and Blizz have said they wanna do something about it for years. We'll see.

Islands rotate on a weekly basis, three new Islands will pop up after maintenance each week.

I sympathize with the OP. I've done 9 this week and not gotten Dread Chain once. Probably just bad luck?

Retribution Paladins seem to be strong right now and they may be nerfed soon. Take it with a grain of salt though, we're likely going to see a lot of Class tuning before Uldir opens.

In PvP they're insanely imba so I expect nerfs soon, too.

Players that have completed everything since Tuesday should be hitting Revered with Honorbound/7th Legion today

This I can believe. The rep grind doesn't seem nearly as bad as I first thought. I hit cap 4 days late and I'm over half way to Revered now.

42 minutes ago, Brutalis said:

Players that have completed everything since Tuesday should be hitting Revered with Honorbound/7th Legion today

Yep. I hit revered yesterday. I was a bit lucky with 2-3 Honorbound Reputation-Missions, but I did everything else including Island Expedition Cap 2 times. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm almost Revered with all of them

Only 2 honored here o/ Can't unlock Siege of Boraluse before reset ? 

16 minutes ago, Hypersonic said:

Hmm, I didn't even remember what is that oO

When you make a new char you can choose to do a class trial at the current max level for the previous expansion, or you can start at level 1 as a fresh character.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

When someone is posting 998 Auctions of 1 piece of linen

As many people have said... You can't fix stupid.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Horrible story and lore- SILENCE

Horde Bias- SILENCE

WQ gear- SILENCE

PVP scaling- SILENCE

Rep Time Gating- SILENCE

Lack of content other than rep grinding- SILENCE

The Lack of imagination some people have- SILENCE

• Like 1

Im really confused on why they didnt mention the bug where weapons from the missionary quest yesterday (for example Honourbound Dagger) had incorrect weapon damage values. 

My 345ilvl missionary dagger for example had 64dps while the crafted ones (310ilvl) had over 90dps.

The correct value would have been around 122 dps.. so i researched a little and found out that the dagger had the same dps as a caster dagger with a ilvl of 345. Its a caster dagger with agility on it, the secondary stats are scaled correctly tho.. but still this item is worse than a 280ish green lvling dagger.

I reported this bug & the GM replyed that they are aware of this and that i shouldnt sell it. They may hotfix it on reset day.

This bug actually exists for other classes aswell, for example the feral/guardian druids polearm.

Edited by Kiwilol

On 8/21/2018 at 7:49 AM, Stan said:

I've seen most groups ask for people at 305 to 315ish that's just my experience though and I can see people asking for higher. Honestly they're very doable under 300 as long as you can follow mechanics and figure out some strats with your group.

Too bad this isn't true. A vast majority of groups are asking for 330+ ilvl now.