FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Allied Races: Vulpera in Battle for Azeroth

7 hours ago, lChronosl said:

I mean, if my lore is right, aren't they just either night, blood or something elves that learned to follow and use the void? They aren't even a different "race" at all, almost more like a class, Void User or something. The Lightforged are not much better IMO, I don't know their full lore, but aren't they also just regular Draenei with a stronger connection to the light? Wouldn't call it a "race" per se either. And how many Void Elves and Lighforged exist, lore wise? Weren't they just a small separatist sect? Not that it really matters anyway for the gameplay, but if we are going to use lore as argument...

Concerning Lightforged you're right as well. They are just regular Draenei. Although technically, there is no stronger connection just because. As far as I know Lightforged existed only in the Army of the Light. To become Lightforged the Draenei had to undergo some Ritual to infuse their own body with "the very Essence of the Holy Light". You either succeed or return broken or worse as Fareeya puts it. If I remember correctly, most of this is told when playing the unlock scenario for the Lightforged.

As far as numbers go, Blizzard seems to be generous. Lore and logic would dictate, there are not too many Voidelves nor Lightforged. Voidelves were basically - as you put it - a separatist group and got exiled from Silvermoon and had to look for themselves. Many of those Void dabblers have apparently succumbed to the void which should have diminished their numbers further.

Lightforged were at war with the Burning Legion for millenia. Most Draenei were either slaughtered by the orcs, on the run with Velen or transforming into Man'ari. I honestly have no idea, where the Lightforged would get their reinforcements from. Adding to that, Fareeya states many Draenei don't even survive the Ritual to become Lightforged in the first place...

I don't know however, how many ships the Army of the Light actually has. They had the Xenadar which was blown up/shot down. Apart from that, I know of no other. The Vindicar is Velens doing so that's no Army of the Light Vessel.

I'd guess lorewise we already have more Vulpera than Voidelves and Lightforged combined...

• Thanks 2

My wife would start playing Horde if this race came out.

The Vulpera would add as much to the Horde as the goblins do. Replace engineering with alchemy and they would make the ultimate infiltration race since that is what they are currently.

Caravan leaders could select one person they all trust to be the official leader of them. That Vulpera would be like a SI:7 type leader of their information gathering minions like Mathias Shaw is.  But they are "Allied Races" that the Horde knows they can rely on for information or scouting.

And no lore. Well it can be developed. I feel like they could be a great edition to the playable races.

Edited by BuckNasty
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, shanghaied said:

Totally down to play a fox rogue riding around Zandalar on my Llothien Prowler.

Seriously that sounds like fun to me, and I know Blizzard wont let lore get in the way.

or a vulpera BM hunter with two fox pet, and that mount. maybe there's some fox battle pet too

• Like 1

I hope this won't be new race. With that way of thinking we will play as cows in Diablo 4

Edited by Kaelos

16 hours ago, Arcling said:

Like I said, they use Goblin model's skeleton, but heads are of different shape so that requires modelling for existing helmets. Otherwise they would look bad and with lots of clipping.

I play 3 goblins and helm clipping is a problem with them already.  The Big Goblin Chin pops through helms all the time and Goblin Hair pops out the top of helmets too.  Face features clipping through helmets are a problem for a few other races too.  Trolls have a huge problem with features clipping through helmets.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Vulpera however, they are super cute and cute high res races are good for attracting new players which is a good thing.

Uncommon Patron
17 hours ago, Migol said:

Honestly, don't think they'd be a good addition.

Lorewise, they bring nothing to the table.    They have no real leaders, occupy no strategic areas, have no army, their fighters are scarce (they're more desert nomads+opportunists than anything).

In terms of their characterization, there seems to be one or two young adults and then the rest are voiced as children or teenagers?     Anime factor is high here, they could have been ripped out of Sonic the hedgehog.

I don't hate them, but it feels like putting a square peg in a round hole to make them a horde allied race.

Lore wise I think they would be a great addition. They are exactly what the horde need right now, they essentially embody what the horde is supposed to be. a down trotted race, freed from slavery, trying to find their way in a world surrounded by war, alone they would die off, with others like them they will survive and thrive. It would be great PR right now too for the Horde right after the whole tree burning seeming like evil monsters, to take on a small seemingly weaker race for their protection.

That and blizzard had recently said a few months ago they like to "try to not give 1 faction all the cute/ugly races" so that's kind of a strong hint horde/allis are getting opposite of normal, my guess would be by 8.3 allis are going to get some sort of rebel naga faction from 8.1 and horde will get Vulpera.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aegrotat said:

We can learn a hell of a lot more about the Vulpera than we can ever learn about void elves. Again, I literally have no problems with the void elves, but Highmountain tauren have a culture. Mag'Har, have a culture. Blood elves, have a culture that was different than High Elves. At the end of the day, Void elves have yet to get their own identity, but I really really hope they get expanded on and get their own culture.

Blood Elves are now mostly the same as High Elves were, since they have purified Sunwell and use light-based magic from there, just like High Elf priests did before etc. (and they shared it with High ones, although that might have ended). I doubt there is going to be much of a difference in identity, other than shadow magic infusion to Void Elves. They represent Quel'thalas too, and want it back on the side of Alliance. Of course, gameplay reason was to give Alliance their own flavor of Blood/High Elves, but with some changes to not make them look exactly the same. Similar with Nightborne being Horde's Night Elves, as they aren't that different, another arcane-based Elves like others, even Night Elves since Cata have reaccepted some of Highborne and they too do have mages.

Yes please make this a playable race, they are just soo adorable and love their witty attitude. But please don't make it another rep grind just to play them, we want to play them now at least for those of us that do want these as a playable race. Also maybe if you do add them could you make an option to have more than one tail? That would be awesome ^^

4 hours ago, Arcling said:

Blood Elves are now mostly the same as High Elves were, since they have purified Sunwell and use light-based magic from there, just like High Elf priests did before etc. (and they shared it with High ones, although that might have ended). I doubt there is going to be much of a difference in identity, other than shadow magic infusion to Void Elves. They represent Quel'thalas too, and want it back on the side of Alliance. Of course, gameplay reason was to give Alliance their own flavor of Blood/High Elves, but with some changes to not make them look exactly the same. Similar with Nightborne being Horde's Night Elves, as they aren't that different, another arcane-based Elves like others, even Night Elves since Cata have reaccepted some of Highborne and they too do have mages.

There's a difference in culture for belves right from the start where the alliance decided not to let them in the alliance (jaina trying to slaughter every one in dalaran) compared to being best friends with high elves. They don't ALL use light magic now, they still use mostly arcane, elemental, and some fel still. Nightborne are VASTLY different than night elves. We have tree hugging hippy elves that actively think the nightborne are traitors and inferior and hate arcane magic (which is ironic considering their moon magic but, they don't like arcane mages druids are different). the NIGHTBORNE on the other hand, are city based, modern, arcane magic flinging people. They aren't even close to the same

Edited by Aegrotat

10 minutes ago, Aegrotat said:

There's a difference in culture for belves right from the start where the alliance decided not to let them in the alliance (jaina trying to slaughter every one in dalaran) compared to being best friends with high elves. They don't ALL use light magic now, they still use mostly arcane, elemental, and some fel still. Nightborne are VASTLY different than night elves. We have tree hugging hippy elves that actively think the nightborne are traitors and inferior and hate arcane magic (which is ironic considering their moon magic but, they don't like arcane mages druids are different). the NIGHTBORNE on the other hand, are city based, modern, arcane magic flinging people. They aren't even close to the same

But there are actual Highborne among modern Night Elves, that's why they can be mages now, since Cataclysm their teachings are no longer banned. Story has progressed from arcane-hating Night Elves, Tyrande had personal grudge against those in Suramar, cause to her they abandoned them. Plus, they no longer even have their tree, and Nordrassil is shared with neutral members of Cenarion Circle. And Blood Elves rely on Sunwell, the Light to sate their reliance on magic. They don't have to be all priests and paladins to get power from it. After all, they can now have golden eyes too!

Uncommon Patron

It is a nice looking set of characters, but boooo to changing from Alliance to Horde. When do we get to be Tuskarrs? We have seen them in many of the expansions, but I have never seen a female. I have wanted to play one since WotLK. They would have to be Alliance though--too nice and funny to be Horde. Go with Wilfred Brimley!

Everyone talks about how it looks like Sonic the hedgehog… lol ? how??? 

It is clearly a recreation of Ratchet from Ratchet and clank ?

And btw. Blizzard could easily if they want, make more 2-faction races just like Pandas.
but i wouldnt mind having them as a race, they look cool tho. so do many of the new monsters/humanoids around ?

Edited by Nugz
  • Haha 1

The least favorite thing about BFA thus far is the Vulpera. Voice overs aren't that great, and they look, as a previous poster mentioned, like poorly reskinned goblins.

• Thanks 1

Been playing for over 11 years now and loving BFA. I have to say that in legion, the demon hunter class was a great addition, but have yet to play the one I made. Probably have way too many irons in the fire.

I think we need more classes and less races right now. I have every class almost max level. Would love to play a void elf, and despite their racial passives, it's just the same old 

Hello.

It would not be a relevant addition in any of the existing Factions, as well as, this is just a use of the archetype already present in both Horde and Goblin / Gnome Alliance.

If they are willing to bring something new to the game, the Sethrak would undoubtedly be a better choice, as well as the emergence of a new faction, a subject that is gaining relevance in forums geared to the game.