FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lobo89

Spell Reflect

I noticed that Spell Reflect was not mentioned in the protection warrior guide. Does this ability not have usefulness in PVE? Personally, it seems like it would, but I really haven't been able to work it in successfully.

You are right, it's not mentioned. This is a mistake on our part (which we will rectify). However, the reason we omitted to mention it is because it plays a very small part in actual gameplay. While its description makes it look very good, the truth is that the vast majority of abilities are not reflected. It never works against any meaningful boss abilities, and only sometimes against mildly damaging add spellcasts (Shadowbolts and such).

Thank you for pointing it out, though :)

Thanks for the response. Given the quality of your guides, I suspected it was a case of the ability being mediocre rather than an oversight on your part. :-)

Interestingly, I did see Spell Reflect mentioned as a useful ability in an Arms PVP guide, even going so far as to present a macro for equipping a shield for the cast. Perhaps it is more useful against spells cast by players?

• Like 1

Oh yes, in PvP the ability is excellent. It works against pretty much every spell you can imagine, and it's extremely useful when you can turn a crowd-control spell against its caster.

We don't cover PvP guides yet, but when we will, you can be sure it's going to be included there :)

Also, thanks for praising our guides!