FORUMS
Soulcleave

Rapid fire worth it?

3. Cast Aimed Shot to spend Lethal Shots procs.

4. Cast Rapid Fire to spend Lethal Shots procs only.

Sooo is rapid shot ever worth using? It has never happened to me that i did not have aimed shot coming off cd less than one second when i get a lethal shots proc. I can understand maybe during extended combat it might happen a few times, but overall it feels like ill never use rapid fire. Sorry if this is a stupid qeustion, virgin hunter here (tried all 3 specs, like MM the most. dont tell me switch).

While I have not played much MM so far in BfA, I am surprised that there are not more cases were you get a Lethal Shots proc and can't use Aimed. Rapid Fire is only be used when you get a Lethal Shot proc and cant use Aimed. If you never end up casting Rapid Fire, that is okay. However, certain Azurite traits will move it ahead of Aimed in the priority order. See point 3 on the Azurite trait page. 

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

. However, certain Azurite traits will move it ahead of Aimed in the priority order. See point 3 on the Azurite trait page. 

yeah i know that, but its just that these traits are dogshit and any of thee generic zone traits are better.

I'm pretty sure that Rapid Fire has higher priority than Aimed Shot, I don't know where you got that order.

The sims show Rapid Fire being cast with 100% critical hit, so it's top priority for spending Lethal Shots.

Edited by Khallid

On 8/24/2018 at 1:51 PM, Soulcleave said:

yeah i know that, but its just that these traits are dogshit and any of thee generic zone traits are better.

It doesn't say you have to use the ones listed. It simply highlights that certain traits will slightly vary your rotation if you choose to take them, and if played right, will yield slightly higher damage. They may be dog shit compared to others and you can take the others and not worry about these. 

On 8/24/2018 at 5:28 PM, Soulcleave said:

what if i get a proc, during movement, will it be worth more then? building on that, is rapid fire even worth using over steady shot during movement?

If you get a Lethal Shots proc and have to run a good ways, I would say it is going to be marginal one way or the other to stand and cast your Aimed or to run while Rapid Firing. I would suggest that you use Rapid Fire and run because if whatever is causing you to need movement may kill you and a dead DPS is 0 DPS. It may not always be the better DPS answer, but it does ensure you better odds of living and living is priority #1. If you have to move and do not have a Lethal Shots or Precise Shots, Steady Shot is what you should be casting. However, if you have Precise Shots, you should be casting those Arcane Shots on the move, and then, if you have Lethal Shots, I would cast Rapid Fire. Many times, movement comes with adds spawning. If that is the case, you will want to Multi Shot the adds then use the Trick Shots buffed Rapid Fire while moving. 

These are simply my suggestions of what I would do. Feel free to try different things once the Raid comes out and see what does better for you. Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 2